CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is there spotting like there is in Gears now?

Nope. But in CTF, if you shoot the enemy flag carrier, they get spotted for a bit for your team to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

Let me get this straight radar is going to stop me from having someone come up from behind and kill me.  However I won't be able to use it to stop a player from outsmarting me and killing me?  When I am one shot I can just watch what that player is doing on radar and go the other way.  Radar makes slow boring gameplay for slayer. 

Radar should be no where near competitive halo ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How does radar work in terms of different levels of the map. In the past it went infinitely up and down and a certain distance horizontally out. Has that changed or stayed the same.

How does radar work in terms of different levels of the map. In the past it went infinitely up and down and a certain distance horizontally out. Has that changed or stayed the same.

It dims/stays solid depending on their level.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesimms

@@TheSimms stream!

While we're debating radar, lets also debate whether or not we should start with SMG's instead of the AR/Pistol. I mean, they made some great changes to the SMG, so that must alter the underlying fundamental issue with it, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It dims/stays solid depending on their level.

But is there a limit to how far it goes vertically? Like in h3 on construct you could see on radar people in basement even if you were on top level.

But is there a limit to how far it goes vertically? Like in h3 on construct you could see on radar people in basement even if you were on top level.

18m up and down I guess.

Theater is a little buggy, Simms and a few others just get a black screen when trying to skip forwards.

Do you show up on radar if you're just walking around or just sprinting/thrusting? Now I've heard both.

It's just like all previous Halos

So what's it looking like then? I'm holding off watching gameplay untill I get it in 3 weeks. Any newly found disappointments?

I do like the idea of keeping competitive settings as close to default as possible though. Its always been jarring with Halo when the competition settings are so wildly different to the default. And while I know pandering to a wider audience is often shunned in this community, I think the game would benefit by keeping the changes reasonably limited.

Like when you watch a pro CS, Starcraft, LoL etc. match you know immediately whats going on (if you're familiar with the base game), and you can play those settings the minute you search for a game online, no "MLG playlist" or whatever. I honestly feel like that is a big factor in how far a competitive video game can go.

Do you show up on radar if you're just walking around or just sprinting/thrusting? Now I've heard both. 

Walking around shows up on radar. The rumor of only sprintning/thrusting/etc started when someone misanalyzed a clip of gameplay. 

While we're debating radar, lets also debate whether or not we should start with SMG's instead of the AR/Pistol. I mean, they made some great changes to the SMG, so that must alter the underlying fundamental issue with it, right?

Or perhaps we are flogging a dead horse, and that the underlying fundamental issue is the game is crap, right ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I was watching that prodigy guy play and I noticed enemies not showing up on radar when they were normal running. And some people a few days ago said that radar shows people using special spartan abilities sprint thrust ect ect. Dunno if it's 100% true or not.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa wait, the radar shows walking people now? I thought the gamescom build was different.

If so radar needs to go, I don't care how short the range is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Walking around shows up on radar. The rumor of only sprintning/thrusting/etc started when someone misanalyzed a clip of gameplay.

wow wtf then lol. How did they accept it for hcs. DamN that sucks

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

Radar should never be in a team based game... your team comms is your radar.