CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So radar in hcs playlist onfirmed?

Yes, because it "really allows teams to set up in power positions…" according to their "advanced" video.

[face_plain]

• Upvote (+1) 1

What they are playing now is different than what launch Playlist will be. When someone first booted multi-player up it said that they only have the one Playlist do to smaller number of people with the game. We won't know for sure with arena till the 27th or at least I hope so (this was in reference to radar idk if the video just posted talked about it but I am just going on matchmaking Playlist being played now)

So radar in hcs playlist onfirmed?

ya, but apparently you show up on radar when you sprint, thruster, and shoot. Normal movement doesn't show.

What they are playing now is different than what launch Playlist will be. When someone first booted multi-player up it said that they only have the one Playlist do to smaller number of people with the game. We won't know for sure with arena till the 27th or at least I hope so (this was in reference to radar idk if the video just posted talked about it but I am just going on matchmaking Playlist being played now)

Right now it's a mix of all Arena game modes. I'd be shocked if they removed radar from the Team Arena playlist.

ya, but apparently you show up on radar when you sprint, thruster, and shoot. Normal movement doesn't show.

Yep. And the range was reduced from 30m to 18m. I'm fine with this implementation

I'm okay with that actually. It's a direct nerf to sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

when did they say that

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

That doesn't seem terrible except for the shooting part. Is every Playlist like that. Even war zone?

Truth weapon layout is different!

Camo Pink 1 and Plasma Caster Top Mid, I think I saw a NORMAL Energy Sword Car 1

Might be different for Slayer but that is a sick layout IMO.

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement.

Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

Yeah that logically follows

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

Sure, when everyone is mindlessly running around trying to figure out the levels. The problem is when people establish a position and then camp it. Radar makes it way too easy to do.

How in the world is radar still a debate at this point!?

• Upvote (+1) 2