CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

>2018

>2 years after Beyond completed their hostile takeover of 343 Industries

>Dank memes replace the USD as the official currency of the USA

>It is now illegal for games to contain sprint

>Halo is now the biggest esport in the world

>Saucey appointed Secretary of esports by President Trump, uses new position to make Beyond tournaments the new national sport

>Traditional sports are now bankrupt, Beyond Championship Series replaces the Olympics

>Halo reaches billion concurrent players on a regular basis

>Saucey now owns the entire state of Florida with all of the money saves not paying mods

>Halo 6 has a 30 FPS option to appease the lemons of the world

>Competitive Halo is now a college major

>Halo lore now taught in history classes

>Halo 6 kids ask what happened during the dark ages of 2010-2015

>Mention the euphoric figure known as SauceySoarz

>They ask what he did

>I tell them, with a tear rolling down my cheek, "He made Halo great again"

What happened to the dinos?  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1

haven't looked at a ton but from the ones I have seen, I have to agree. Really weird how they keep a lot of the guns color alone and just add on some random color.

Black Ops 2 had way better skins like the Cyborg skin 

maxresdefault.jpg

Never played CSGO so I cant vouch for those skins but wouldn't be surprised. 

I love this game so much, everything was just.. perfection.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My gamertag is GoochGlitter. Would you want someone like me associated with your brand?

The more sparkly gooches, the better.

My gamertag is GoochGlitter.

There's laughing. Then there's laughing to the point of sitting in your chair, weakly clapping like a seal, while wheezing like a chain smoker, since you can't laugh anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It wont let me upload images anymore x(  How do you guys do it?

I use imgur or postimage, usually. Then use the direct link.

Real talk I'm probably going to play more Blops 3 than H5 lol. Hopefully connection issues get fixed and im good 

Eh. To me it was cool they put effort into esports and matching you with appropriate people but it still carries the same baggage every COD post 4 carries. We need weapon skins like that in H5 though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh. To me it was cool they put effort into esports and matching you with appropriate people but it still carries the same baggage every COD post 4 carries. We need weapon skins like that in H5 though

Agree entirely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bahahahhaha. 

That'd make the cinematographers of Waypoint happy as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss the focus rifle. Cool idea, sounded cool, looked cool.

Got you way too many assists though. Would be cool to see a buffed focus rifle in H5 down the line.

And, you know, the Grenade Launcher.

It appears that 343i weren't focused on adding (or bringing back) weapons into halo 5, their main goal was to refine the sandbox that was already there, on that front I believe they succeeded (far less redundancy than what was in 4) however the Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle, needle rifle (better version of carbine IMO) and flame based weapons all need to come back, all were either great or had potential to be great. 

Please @@Sal1ent   :holmes:

All of the separate corridors and secret rooms make me so excited. I was so happy whenever I would find all of those secret hallways and doors in CE, 2, and 3. Glad that is returning. It makes each experience different and really enhances the replay ability.

I agree with you bro, even if Halo 5 is looking to be a cakewalk at least the gameplay will be fun this time around.

The Binary Rifle acts like the Focus Rifle in a sense now. It, rather than firing one "light bullet", ala Halo 4, now fires a beam that kills in one shot, assuming the beam keeps a constant bead on the target until it's exhausted.

I never thought about that lol. To be fair though it doesn't have the same effect that the focus rifle had on SP because jackals (I assume) won't use it, but yeah it pretty much is the same thing. It looks a tad bit weak this time around actually, never thought I would say that about the BiRi.

Yeah all of the skins in Halo 4 and 5 have been colored line patterns. I get that they are going for the realistic 'warpaint' approach, but people don't want that. Give us something with style, like glowing bits, or particle effects. One of the most sought after pieces of armor in Halo was the flaming helmet. Give us more of that and less of the boring uninspired designs.

I would assume 343i would want to add awesome cosmetics in after launch, as to give players another reason to come back and play, but still you are entirely correct in saying that they should make more (dare I say it) legendary looking weapons.

It had a more solid mental game compared to what we had to deal with Halo games the past few years. SnD was hype as hell and was a lot about reads in decent play, HP was a solid gametype where spawns were very central and CTF was also mad hype with a really good OT system. TTK was the longest post 4, where it was enough to where you could outplay people if you knew what you were doing, maps were solid for what they were made to be for, individual players could do a lot (especially SnD and HP because spawn breaks), etc. Halo recently has been incredibly brain dead while Blops 2 had a much stronger mental game. 

Waaaay better than H4 for sure and far more consistent than H3 and much faster paced. I dont think its a solid competitive game (nor do I think Halo ever was besides maybe h1) but it was a decent game compared to the other games in the console scene when it comes to shooters though. 

It's not for everyone but it wasn't bad imo

wait since the multiplayer is able to be downloaded Thursday ( 20 minutes) , can't we watch multiplayer tomorrow (20 minutes).

It had a more solid mental game compared to what we had to deal with Halo games the past few years. SnD was hype as hell and was a lot about reads in decent play, HP was a solid gametype where spawns were very central and CTF was also mad hype with a really good OT system. TTK was the longest post 4, where it was enough to where you could outplay people if you knew what you were doing, maps were solid for what they were made to be for, individual players could do a lot (especially SnD and HP because spawn breaks), etc. Halo recently has been incredibly brain dead while Blops 2 had a much stronger mental game. 

Waaaay better than H4 for sure and far more consistent than H3 and much faster paced. I dont think its a solid competitive game (nor do I think Halo ever was besides maybe h1) but it was a decent game compared to the other games in the console scene when it comes to shooters though. 

giphy.gif

wait since the multiplayer is able to be downloaded Thursday ( 20 minutes) , can't we watch multiplayer tomorrow (20 minutes).

JK we still have another 13 hours lol. 

I've heard it doesn't unlock until 5PM GMT. So, almost 13 hours from now. ;)

It's call of duty. If we are going to use the term "brain dead" in a post about competitive shooters, it starts and ends with call of duty. Doesn't matter how good or bad the call of duty game is. Even with Halo 4, the consistency of skill showing through blows away what you get from a typical cod game.

It's like when there's a really really good college football team and a really really bad NFL team and somebody brings up "I bet that Alabama can beat Jacksonville". No, no they can't.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do we know anyone here who has early copy of halo 5, who can test out the fine intricate mechanics on stream? 

Then we can start bitching or praising again?

Do we know anyone here who has early copy of halo 5, who can test out the fine intricate mechanics on stream? 

Then we can start bitching or praising again?

Ask me on Friday. I'd be sure to oblige once I'm done with campaign.

BO2 felt no different to me than MW3 or previous ones in terms of how much skill you needed to play it, because at the end of the day the randomness of the game makes it hard for me to take it serious. It just becomes boring to watch and play

>2018

>2 years after Beyond completed their hostile takeover of 343 Industries

>Dank memes replace the USD as the official currency of the USA

>It is now illegal for games to contain sprint

>Halo is now the biggest esport in the world

>Saucey appointed Secretary of esports by President Trump, uses new position to make Beyond tournaments the new national sport

>Traditional sports are now bankrupt, Beyond Championship Series replaces the Olympics

>Halo reaches billion concurrent players on a regular basis

>Saucey now owns the entire state of Florida with all of the money saves not paying mods

>Competitive Halo is now a college major

>Halo lore now taught in history classes

>Halo 6 kids ask what happened during the dark ages of 2010-2015

>Mention the euphoric figure known as SauceySoarz

>They ask what he did

>I tell them, with a tear rolling down my cheek, "He made Halo great again"

November 15, 2021 - Because so many people are playing Halo instead of interacting with real human beings, they stay in their houses all day and never drive their cars, thus dropping carbon emissions and effectively solving global warming.

November 9, 2022 - It is at this moment that the Government appointed firm designed to further mankind's development of Halo technology, 2801 Penitent industries, releases a patch to the newly released Halo CE 2 that makes a 3-shot kill with a Pistol give the player an orgasmic reaction, literally making Halo more fun than sex, thereby lowering the birthrate of the human race, solving the overpopulation crisis.

September 25, 2024 - It is in this moment that world hunger is solved by a court hearing declaring that all of the pictures of "Skeptical Third World Kid" belong to the impoverished nations of Africa and, because the world currency is no longer the dying USD but the dank meme, the Economy of the entire continent of Africa increases overnight, making them a new superpower on the stage of politics and socio-economic prosperity.

Because mankind has been united by their hatred of the Covenant, ancient feuds between rival states no longer exist, and reprints of the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Torah begin making their respective Holy Prophets more indicative of Master Chief, prompting all three to realize how much they really have in common and how silly all those Crusades, Inquisitions, Beheadings and Planes flying into shit was. Instead nations settle disagreements based on HCS tournaments using the game's lifelike graphics but intense strategic depth. By January 17, 2025 every military has invested massive amounts of money into a Halo Championship team, so much so, that every other branch of an average nation's military is in serious disrepair, and actual wars become pricey and unpopular shows of a nation's strength.

This utopia is then accentuated by the first contact with Alien life on the Colony of New Reach, founded by men and women inspired by their exposure to Halo in their compulsory education, on February 3, 2025. The Alien's are enamored by the story of how a single website advocating change in a single quarter century-year old gaming franchise has altered the course of human history and caused it to overcome literally every obstacle that could inhibit it...

...until they realize its a game about murdering Aliens. For fun.

December 11, 2052 - The war with the Aliens has ended. The newly formed UNSC has received heavy casualties. The victory is Pyrrhic at best. The Installations were set off and the parasite held back, but at the cost of one of our greatest heroes - Saucey 117. The Earth mourns. The UNSC reminds the people of Earth what caused this horrible catastrophe - our compulsory addiction to a single video game that made us blind to the actual problems infecting the galaxy and made us zero in on our own little bubble of killstreaks and eSports.

Admiral Lemon, an old man by this time, interrupts the Chairman's thoughts for a minute to say, "...But at least we didn't have bloom on our fucking pistol."

And the burning Earth replies, through their visiplates, and with a single voice: "Totally worth it."

Copyright L377UC3, 2015, bitches.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I stopped playing cod after MW3. It just became too easy. You can abuse the ever loving fuck out of connections by equipping anything that makes you move faster + using an SMG. You get the upperhand on people all the time and there was nothing they could do except explode to kill me after I "killed" them when I was a couple kills off MOABs constantly. I resorted to using a magnum only for a long while just to help make it even, but lack of any real skill based matchmaking made the game dull and boring and really frustrating due to CoD's innate problem: bad players can get BS kills on better players bc of low kill times, and in MW3's case, deathstreaks. God I stopped playing that game hating CoD and never looked back lol.

I take that back, my friends coerced me into buying BO2 post launch, played maybe 10 hours of it. :P