CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Question: When can we expect the following GIF but with @@Saucey and the Beyond Logo? I feel like it's relevant in times like this

MtZ9N.gif

Would anyone here purchase a Beyond weapon skin.. if there was one? 

Asking for a friend.

I seriously would though. It would need to be aesthetically pleasing though, I don't want some skin designed by @@Spartan0S36 in pink and blue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Asking for a friend.

Yes, only if it doesnt suck of course. I dont plan on buying reqs whatsoever but ill get a beyond one.

Asking for a friend.

Only if it lets my BR shoot dank memes instead of bullets.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Asking for a friend.

pzqBCvc.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that didn't embed is bothering me so much.. sorry I gotta repost it :kappa:

Thanks lol. On mobile and didn't feel like looking for the full URL.

Asking for a friend.

As long as it didn't look like complete trash I would for sure

The skins in this game are so bad, I don't think I would pay money for any of them at all.

Give me a Beyond sticker on one of those sexy CS GO skins and we would be in business.

But if we are just going to get these lame half-done paint job skins, I wouldn't spend a cent. I'll use the default weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually the devil incarnate is the level designer who declined to give them fixed, predictable spawn points in the opening fights on Outskirts and Regret. Jackal snipers themselves really aren't that bad.

The focus rifle is another reason why I believe Reach's SP played so good.

Seriously am I being punked or something, the game is full of corridors!

compared to Halo 2? Nah.

Back onto halo 5 though, it appears to be well made on multiple levels. The level design is by a mile more open than duh 4, with hidden pathways scattered everywhere and with the added mobility makes the areas play more dynamic and open.

The enemies are solid.. They don't appear to be anywhere near as bullet spongey as they have been. All the prometheans essentially have weak spots, most grunts/jackals can be 1 hit killed with melee, covenant don't have ridiculous shields, you get my point. Some would argue this makes the game easier, I would argue that it makes the game play more fluid and gives players more options for taking out opponents.

collectibles are fucking sweet. 117 intel items (I believe), skulls, and badass weapon variants (such as the shotty that disintegrates folks) all encourage the player far more to traverse the maps than ever before.

Despite being one of the best made campaign's I've seen (judging from what I have seen from missions 1,2,3, and 8) the saddest part is that it appears to be the easiest halo yet. The moment I heard of Blue team (and by extension team Osiris) I thought "awesome" because it now meant that you would have actually competent AI buddies this time around. The reality? They are stupid, and frankly seem to be there for the sole purpose of reviving you, which brings me to my next problem. The DBNO system (similar to GOW's) makes what was already a somewhat lenient checkpoint and death system (I'm speaking for coop here) even more easy.

In the Legendary gameplay I saw players that are nowhere near the level I believe is required to complete a Halo game on Legendary complete it with little issue. See before if a player fucked up (solo) they were brought back to last checkpoint and had to do it all over again. Now, assuming they are in a moderately safe environment or within a safe distance of their AI companions, they are pretty much good to go and can be allotted a tremendous amount of wiggle room, so much so that mistakes players make become null and void.

The revive mechanic would be fine if there weren't so many checkpoints, that way a player can screw up more short term but long term they will be punished the same way because they would end up repeating a larger portion of the game. I know Halo 5 is gold, but changing the checkpoints to be more rare (perhaps just cutting out a swath of them) would do a lot to make Halo 5 a more challenging experience.

In the process of making the REQT emote.. but only if im promised it will.

It better be. Yet again, we still don't have an official Moa emote.

The skins in this game are so bad, I don't think I would pay money for any of them at all.

Give me a Beyond sticker on one of those sexy CS GO skins and we would be in business.

But if we are just going to get these lame half-done paint job skins, I wouldn't spend a cent. I'll use the default weapons.

Especially that Nerf gun skin my god that looks terrible

I miss the focus rifle. Cool idea, sounded cool, looked cool.

Got you way too many assists though. Would be cool to see a buffed focus rifle in H5 down the line.

And, you know, the Grenade Launcher.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Complains about dank memes while posting a meme

Keeps posting dank memes

:weback:

It wasn't a complaint, it was an observation. :lxthul:

Inb4 someone posts definition of complaint.

Especially that Nerf gun skin my god that looks terrible

They're all shit.

Like, cover the entire gun with your color scheme, or leave it the fuck alone. It's just even worse that there are so few skins in the game, and most of the ones we have seen so far are straight 80's gaudy.

The easiest things are the hardest for 343 sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Asking for a friend.

I'd rep beyond. I mean I post on this forum so much, I'd be obligated to do so :p