CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Damn made a new account and everything to post his hype. Welcome lol

I've noticed a rather large influx of new Xbox One owners and new people getting ready for Halo 5. It's nice.

Also welcome, @@Tripjaz

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh look, it's the sanctimonious putz who has never contributed to a single discussion on this site, but rather just sits on the sidelines and yells about the action on the field like the drunk, disgusting uncle at some teenage softball game.

Bet that felt good, didn't it?

But seriously, the stuff I say and find to post on this forum, albeit not much, gets people thinking, and then talking. And in some cases, similar to yours, it gets some people angry and frustrated to the point where they lose face and say something troubling.

I don't mind being on the sidelines. You guys get crazy in here.

>>2015

>>Not preordering Halo 5 super duper edition game and super duper limited edition console half a year before release even after Halo 4 and MCC

Glad we don't have any on those freakshows here

>>2015

>>Not preordering Halo 5 super duper edition game and super duper limited edition console half a year before release even after Halo 4 and MCC

Glad we don't have any of those freakshows here

So many dumb points that I don't even know where to begin. Here goes:

1. Yes there is something wrong with flood having rocket launchers, especially with the way they position them in the level. Crossing one of the bridges in Two Betrayals and they are placed half way across, behind pillars. It is designed so as to block your vision and bate you into a cheap death. There is also barely a solid counter to this beyond grenades and even then its 1. Not a good enough answer, and 2. You would have to know they are already there since there are no visual cues hinting at it.

2. I don't know exactly when the last time you played The Library was (I played it about 3 hours ago), but yes it is in fact the same level (varied very very slightly) placed on top of itself multiple times. It makes you do it backwards, it makes you go underground for a second, but its most definitely a copy&paste job.

3. "If its fun the first time, its fun everytime".......just simply not true. Things get stale, boring, repetitive. If you go to the well on a particular idea too often it will run dry, and CE does just that at numerous points.

4. Strawman arguments are really your thing aren't they

edit: Yea sorry I'll keep it on topic from now on. Just the lengths people will go to to defend CE's obvious flaws always irks me. Especially when they are very clearly clueless about game design.

1. It's called a jump button. Use it. If you can't kill those rocket flood then you are terrible at the game and need to stop blaming your own shortcomings on the level designers.

2. I guess Halo is a copy-paste job as well. Open grasslands with high ground in the center! Copy-paste!

3. A good idea only gets boring if it's executed poorly in later instances. If anything in CE was as boring as you say it is, the game wouldn't still be as played as it is after 14 years. Again, go play something else. It's not to your taste. Fucking accept that.

4. Knowing what you're talking about isn't really your thing, is it?

Mods, if you don't like this, you can move it (or delete it). I know you love directing forum traffic and feeling like big and powerful internet police, but talking about other Halo games in the Halo 5 thread isn't going to shut down the internet. It's not like we're talking about bestiality. There's nothing to discuss about Halo 5 right now, it's just waiting out the clock until the streams start.

• Downvote (-1) 7

So it would be 12:01AM EST and 9PM PST?

Just to clarify too - the time depends entirely on your region. Your game will unlock at 12:01AM GMT in the UK for example.

And what if we change our region...  :walshy:

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/halo-5-forge-discussion-with-cartographers.149220/page-4

Has anyone seen this? One of the guys who went to 343i to look at Forge said on the ForgeHub QnA that you could forge the standard vehicle set as well as, "a few variants of Warthog and Mongoose which can be seen in some of the Warzone videos." But later he says you cannot forge REQ weapons and vehicles... can anyone clarify this? 

32b9ac9075eb4920cf404149b8564c09.png:walshy:

1. It's called a jump button. Use it. If you can't kill those rocket flood then you are terrible at the game and need to stop blaming your own shortcomings on the level designers.

2. I guess Halo is a copy-paste job as well. Open grasslands with high ground in the center! Copy-paste!

3. A good idea only gets boring if it's executed poorly in later instances. If anything in CE was as boring as you say it is, the game wouldn't still be as played as it is after 14 years. Again, go play something else. It's not to your taste. Fucking accept that.

Mods, if you don't like this, you can move it (or delete it). I know you love directing forum traffic and feeling like big and powerful internet police, but talking about other Halo games in the Halo 5 thread isn't going to shut down the internet. It's not like we're talking about bestiality. There's nothing to discuss about Halo 5 right now, it's just waiting out the clock until the streams start.

They should just ban ******* like yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one wants to read your long ass pointless arguments in the Halo 5 thread. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So move it to the debate thread then. But I do have to ask, why the hell are you so angry? You insult people in every single post you make. Just make your point, discuss it and move on
  • Upvote (+1) 3

As for its level design I respectively disagree... CE levels were the most open in the series, granted there were a lot of "dead zones" but it certainly made for more interesting gameplay than a series of hallways.

Seriously am I being punked or something, the game is full of corridors!

Clearly somebody does, if I'm getting this many responses.

Raise your hand if you want to read this guys' arguments........

no one?.....see. 

To pass the agonizing wait time... check out these Halo recap videos by XboxUK.  B)

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo 5: Guardians Part One & Two

• Upvote (+1) 2

Raise your hand if you want to read this guys' arguments........

no one?.....see. 

I raised my hand.

(Please, keep prolonging the discussion that you say nobody wants to read by mentioning me and replying to me. It's making me giggle.)

• Downvote (-1) 1

It may come as a surprise since I don't talk about it much on here, but I'm a fan of Halo lore too.

I think every single campaign has had its strengths and weaknesses, and I rank them close to each other.

I think CE is the most iconic and has the 2 coolest moments of the series for me, one being the reveal of the Flood, which I LOVE. However it gets repetitive.

I think 2 tells a great story of two leaders of the events of CE, and the ramifications of their actions. I just absolutely hate the ending, and a couple of the levels are a drag.

I think 3 has the best individual levels of any of the Halo campaigns, but the ending being so similar to CE kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

I think ODST was cool and an excellent change of pace, but it was easy and sorta short. Didn't like the weapons either.

I think Reach did a great job of telling a good story, with a good scale to it. I enjoyed the aspect of the game where no character was safe, and I loved the ending. But it was sorta cheesy at times.

I think Halo 4 hits you in the heart the most, and I like that they took some risks. However it feels like Button Press Simulator 2012 at times, and it's annoying.

Just my opinion. If I had to rate them in a non biased way...

CE
Reach
ODST

I know the list may be reversed for some, but ODST and 2 were the weak links for me. And CE and 3 are by far the most fun to actually play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-> Best Buy screws my Halo 5 Collectors Pre-Order, can't have the game now till tuesday.

-> Proceeds to make a freaking scene cuz they just gave away my game to someone else.

-> Get $30 gift card as "apology".

-> Proceeds to take the $225 Price I was supposed to pay in BB to Amazon and they match it.

-> Amazon Proceeds to send me Halo 5 Collectors for $225 and One-Day shipping.

-> Profit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To pass the agonizing wait time... check out these Halo recap videos by XboxUK.  B)

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo 5: Guardians Part One & Two

Ooooooooo~ Thank you for these. Interesting videos!

• Upvote (+1) 1

-> Best Buy screws my Halo 5 Collectors Pre-Order, can't have the game now till tuesday.

-> Proceeds to make a freaking scene cuz they just gave away my game to someone else.

-> Get $30 gift card as "apology".

-> Proceeds to take the $225 Price I was supposed to pay in BB to Amazon and they match it.

-> Amazon Proceeds to send me Halo 5 Collectors for $225 and One-Day shipping.

-> Profit.

comment_bS8PCJaOv6W0KGcwlzCcZI8BbM8cA05I

Clearly somebody does, if I'm getting this many responses.

If you want to talk about CE's campaign and it's supposed repetition, this isn't the place to do it. Try the Great Debate topic or the MCC one. I don't have links handy on mobile.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just scrolled through 15 pages of worthless memes, butthurt, high res images, and repeated information. which is normal but

a7b42d1696e154d1a505dd09047f56c2_zpscmkg

• Upvote (+1) 5