CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just a reminder

Hey guys, when submitting a post, your page might hang on an infinite loading screen. If this happens to you, please do not keep hitting the submit button, your post has already gone through.

Simply hit post, refresh and you should see your post.

We're working on this issue and it should be resolved later today.

Thanks,

Staff

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm literally pausing my playthrough of Two Betrayals to make this reply. It is Assault on the Control Room backwards but with a Library-esque gauntlet run from the flood, its pretty bad. I've been playing the campaign all day and the level design is outdated.

Good level design is outdated? Interesting. I guess we're fortunate that 343 came around to give Halo the modern "PUSH THESE 3 BUTTONS AND WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN" treatment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

T-T-Triple Post!

I didn't even press post! I was still typing. Wow. This is MCC right now.

T-T-Triple Post!

Did they ever do a follow up on the retired ODST that was supposed to help Ben expose ONI? Like was he really working for ONI the whole time or did they just manage to get to him before he could expose them?

I'm just going to stop posting.

(I am not spamming "post" I am refreshing the page when it hangs)

So....no one seems to be worried about the starting weapons of Arena.

I'm seriously surprised by this.

I'm willing to work with it at the start of the game before passing judgement.

There's a whole thread dedicated to it. Its not talked about here anymore

I'm just going to stop posting.

(I am not spamming "post" I am refreshing the page when it hangs)

Pistol seems solid and after some practice, should be able to have some decent aiming after everyone's adapted to h5 aiming. I'd wait before passing judgment.

Worst case scenario, buff pistol to 4sk

Good level design is outdated? Interesting. I guess we're fortunate that 343 came around to give Halo the modern "PUSH THESE 3 BUTTONS AND WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN" treatment.

When you're done making strawman arguments I'd like to know how you think re-using the same corridors and controls rooms over and over is good level design. Because they changed the enemy type? I don't blame them for it as they probably didn't have an abundance of resources and memory to work with being early in the first Xbox's life cycle, but 14 years later you can see where they cut the corners. 

Also flood with rocket launchers in tight spaces? Poor vehicle controls (by today's standards)? Copy and pasting a (bad) level 3 times over (The Library)? Half of this game is slogging through copy&pasted corridors. I think people just remember Halo and the beginning of The Silent Cartographer and think the whole game was like that. Well its not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't matter what we think or discuss tbh. Maybe if its a problem after release and it becomes the biggest shit storm like when they tried to pass off ricochet it'll be changed but not until then.

I haven't been logged on here in a VERY long time, but I wanted to express my opinion. I think its really dumb that the game-types we grew up loving won't be on Halo 5 Guardians Day One. It doesn't make much sense to me. I understand that they want the community to try out strongholds and breakout to see if we want it in the HCS, but let's be real, Halo 5 HAS to appeal to EVERYONE to be successful this year. 343i is having to compete with a huge market with an even bigger Call of Duty community that has a HUGE eSports hype, Fallout 4, and Star Wars freaking Battlefront.

Don't get me wrong, I am super pumped for Halo 5. I could make the argument that it could have the most ambitious story in gaming history. I really could, but limiting the final release with no forge, no big team, very few traditional game-types. Not only does that just seems like they shot themselves in the foot, its making people remember the poor launch of the MCC. I really think they should've delayed to early 2016. Too late now I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, if this was MCC, this would be the only thread us Aussies could post in. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't matter what we think or discuss tbh. Maybe if its a problem after release and it becomes the biggest shit storm like when they tried to pass off ricochet it'll be changed but not until then.

Somehow Breakout gets into Arena and possibly tourney settings without a bigger shitstorm than ricochet?

When you're done making strawman arguments I'd like to know how you think re-using the same corridors and controls rooms over and over is good level design? Because they changed the enemy type? I don't blame them for it as they probably didn't have an abundance of resources and memory to work with being early in the first Xbox's life cycle, but 14 years later you can see where they cut the corners. 

Also flood with rocket launchers in tight spaces? Poor vehicle controls (by today's standards)? Copy and pasting a (bad) level 3 times over (The Library)? Half of this game is slogging through copy&pasted corridors. I think people just remember Halo and the beginning of The Silent Cartographer and think the whole game was like that. Well its not.

If it's fun the first time, it's fun every time. This whole "outdated" thing is meaningless shitspeak for you just simply not liking it and trying to give your opinion a bit more gravitas than simply saying "I don't like it."

There's nothing wrong with flood with rocket launchers. They're dangerous enemies. Engage with caution. Or is "use caution" being too demanding on the "modern" gamer?

Vehicles are missing some features of later titles, like boosting, but there's nothing wrong with them either. They control just fine. Maybe you're just not used to it. Adapt.

How exactly is Library copy-pasted three times in CE? Because of hallways? I guess over half the first person shooter industry is a copy-paste of Library, then. Those rascal devs.

Go play Halo 4. It sounds like modern for the sake of modern is what you're after, so why are you torturing yourself with CE?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If it's fun the first time, it's fun every time. This whole "outdated" thing is meaningless shitspeak for you just simply not liking it and trying to give your opinion a bit more gravitas than simply saying "I don't like it."

There's nothing wrong with flood with rocket launchers. They're dangerous enemies. Engage with caution. Or is "use caution" being too demanding on the "modern" gamer?

Vehicles are missing some features of later titles, like boosting, but there's nothing wrong with them either.

How exactly is Library copy-pasted three times in CE? Because of hallways? I guess over half the first person shooter industry is a copy-paste of Library, then. Those rascal devs.

Go play Halo 4. It sounds like modern for the sake of modern is what you're after, so why are you torturing yourself with CE?

Rocket flood are like jackal snipers. They just give you cheese deaths. Except flood way way more bullets.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/halo-5-forge-discussion-with-cartographers.149220/page-4

Has anyone seen this? One of the guys who went to 343i to look at Forge said on the ForgeHub QnA that you could forge the standard vehicle set as well as, "a few variants of Warthog and Mongoose which can be seen in some of the Warzone videos." But later he says you cannot forge REQ weapons and vehicles... can anyone clarify this?