CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

H2 has the worst sp in the series so far imo, it's so tedious and linear, halo 3 remains to be my favorite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah im not seeing anything that looks like that ... not sure if good or bad 

If you're on the new dashboard, it's fine. The menu option simply isn't implemented yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope someone takes the time to do a thorough wall test in a Custom Game. We already know the Magnum is perfectly accurate, and the BR has a slight vertical spread/recoil whatever. Let's check out the DMR, Carbine, and Light Rifle.

Hope someone takes the time to do a thorough wall test in a Custom Game. We already know the Magnum is perfectly accurate, and the BR has a slight vertical spread/recoil whatever. Let's check out the DMR, Carbine, and Light Rifle.

First Check if the AR and SMG still have smartscope bonuses.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have any of the pros said anything about getting to play it tomorrow? 

H2 has the worst sp in the series so far imo, it's so tedious and linear, halo 3 remains to be my favorite.

Actually it has the best one.

Meanwhile CE's is overrated. Half of the levels are the same and you backtrack constantly, not to mention a lot of things look exactly the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Might be a bit off topic but would anyone want me to just start the H5 Strategy or whatever you wanna call it  thread once MP streams start going on twitch instead of when Pro gameplay comes out? 

What's going to happen if no one can find matches tomorrow?

We blame it on extremely low population

If you're on the new dashboard, it's fine. The menu option simply isn't implemented yet.

I'm not in the preview and I could access the menu. Didn't have anything about which version the game was though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, outside of Halsey and Kurt, Nylund's characters have never really been that interesting. Fred's pretty relatable in First Strike, since he doubts himself as a leader, but it seems like he just sorta gets over it mid-way through, and without the reader really being there when it happened.

If you like character and world-building over video game action, I'd suggest Contact Harvest. It's a very solid entry point, as it deals with pre-war UNSC and Covenant, as well as the origins of the war. Since it's set so early on, it of course takes no prior knowledge of the lore to follow along. And I'd say every perspective character is memorable, likable, or at least admirable, even the ones on the Covenant side of things.

In addition, it also sorta fixes some faults that the Fall of Reach had. They're both stories about a group of people being trained on some human colony to fight rebels, and end up having to defend the planet they trained on from aliens instead. The difference is that Contact Harvest actually takes the time to flesh out Harvest and its citizens (as much as it can in a 300 page book), while Reach just sorta felt like a planet with nothing on it besides forests, mountains, and the occasional military encampment. And TFoR also only really uses its training chapters to show off how great John and his crew are, but in CH, the Colonial Militia's training is also used to develop the characters, even if its mostly Johnson bonding with the men he's working with, instead of the recruits they're training, save one or two.

Not to mention, when Nylund tries to give his main character an arc, he just sorta has Chief do a no-no twice, but the third time (after never mentioning the previous no-nos ever again), he doesn't do the no-no. But Staten has Johnson's no-no (which happened because he tried to NOT do another no-no) haunt him throughout the story. Which, you know, actually lets the reader know that Johnson's been having some internal conflict, while with Chief, you're just supposed to have remembered what he did back in the beginning of the book, and assume he's been wrestling with it for nearly 30 years, even though we've been in his head for a while, and he never once mentioned that.

Dang lol you're making me really consider grabbing Contact Harvest. Sounds dope and you laid our the issues I had with Reach pretty well too. If contact harvest is actually more alive I'll definitely dig it. I'll probably grab it once H5 settles down and whatnot. Thanks!

I'm not in the preview and I could access the menu. Didn't have anything about which version the game was though.

This was the case for me as well. Had a menu come up, but no version number anywhere.

What is happening tomorrow? I missed it :wutface:

Multiplayer patch comes out. So people will be streaming multiplayer.