CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone have the numbers for the beta TTK differential and if they've adjusted it since then?

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10066-halo-5-weapon-kill-times/?hl=%2Bkill+%2Btimes

Those are the estimated kill-times. Best we can do until the game comes out. Everything is a bit slower since the beta, but still quite a bit faster than any other Halo sequel.

Is the "view" button the select button? I just tried it and I dont see any of those numbers O.o

Okay thank God you said this. I pressed back (is that view idek) and I saw none of those numbers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Is the "view" button the select button? I just tried it and I dont see any of those numbers O.o

Edit: looked at my bank statement and I pre ordered it on Oct. 8th. That may be why i'm not seeing it. 

I just did the same thing and also don't see any of these numbers. Great.

Okay thank God you said this. I pressed back (is that view idek) and I saw none of those numbers.

Yeah, it scared me as well for a moment today being the 21th of October. I read September but still tought it was today.

Wait, are people that downloaded the game before the 21th of September not seeing the version code either? That sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do I check the total size of Halo 5? I can see in store it says: "Size: 46.19 GB", but does that include any updates, if there been any? I pre-loaded the game a few hours after some of you guys told everyone to delete their game and re-download it. I've seen some mention "55 GB", and I'm wondering if there's any other place than the store that I can check Halo 5's total size?

How do I check the total size of Halo 5? I can see in store it says: "Size: 46.19 GB", but does that include any updates, if there been any? I pre-loaded the game a few hours after some of you guys told everyone to delete their game and re-download it. I've seen some mention "55 GB", and I'm wondering if there's any other place than the store that I can check Halo 5's total size?

55 gigs will probably be the size after the MP update tomorrow. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now, your copy of Halo 5: Guardians should be 46.19GB. 

After the day one patch releases tomorrow (which is 9GB), your game will increase to roughly 55GB and you'll be ready for launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

55 gigs will probably be the size after the MP update tomorrow. 

Ah, alright; much appreciated.

After the day one patch releases tomorrow (which is 9GB), your game will increase to roughly 55GB and you'll be ready for launch.

Thanks a bunch for the clarification; much obliged.

I have the NXE, can confirm I don't see it either. It's definitely the NXE since a lot of things are still not available

I can already smell the launch day problems.

I'm really surprised that the NXOE won't be out before Halo 5. Usually Microsoft plans updates that big to be out before big releases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep trying to find the most obscure gameplays on youtube with Halo 5 multi on it. Needless to say, I've seen someone backpedaling while spraying the AR in an ogre-twitch fashion.

H5G can't get here any sooner.

Polygon media guy will be Bronze 1 confirmed.

Polygon media guy? Never heard of him. I meanwhile will patiently await for the return of the Legend himself, 2 DEV 777766765. #h5content

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn.

How many GBs are taken up by Locke's determination to bring the Chief to justice?

Damn.

How many GBs are taken up by Locke's determination to bring the Chief to justice?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm really surprised that the NXOE won't be out before Halo 5. Usually Microsoft plans updates that big to be out before big releases.

I remember the 360 got a huge update around a month after Reach came out.

I just downloaded my copy a few days ago. Did the LT/RT/VB combo and I don't see anything about a version number. Article says you should be good if you pre-ordered on or after 9/21. I take it I'm all good?

Sorry if its a stupid question, but will the people who digitally pre orderer h5 be able to play halo 5 with the update tomorrow before release? Greetz from germany

Sorry if its a stupid question, but will the people who digitally pre orderer h5 be able to play halo 5 with the update tomorrow before release? Greetz from germany

No. You'll need to wait until the 27th unless you have an early access copy.

I'm pretty sure 95% of us are in agreement, and have been in agreement for a long time, that good dev maps >>>>>> Forge maps, even with the advancements Forge has made over the last few Halo iterations. So to suggest that wanting a wide variety of (good) developer-made maps is a trivial wish is being obtuse.

And if those were twelve viable arena maps (I'd even let it slide and say something like Ivory Tower is "viable"), hell yes I'd be okay with it. Can you imagine 12 dev-made arena maps on the circuit that actually play decently? We've literally never had that.

Good developer maps >>>> forge maps I agree. But 15 arena maps + a couple canvases >>>>>> 12 arena maps + a couple canvasses and 3 "fun" maps IMO. Those fun maps in CE are enjoyable to play everyonce in a while but arena maps offer much more replayability, wouldn't you agree?

And I honestly think all 15 of Halo 5's arena maps are viable if Ivory Tower is the standard.

My game is 45.2GB but if I change my location on the Xbox it changes to 46.2  :holmes:

Thanks for that link though. I also have NXE and don't see any of those numbers. Did the reinstall when you said preload was live, though, so should be all good.

Anyone know what time the patch should go live tomorrow? If I can I'm going to download it while I'm at school.  

5PM GMT

19 hours from this post.