CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just post a bunch of emotes or whatever, people around here apparently love that garbage.

:kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :ghost: :grunt: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :salt:

:intel: :intel: :intel: :intel: :intel::weback::weback:

The only one I would ever use is

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

But that's just because I love seeing :salt:

We back and Intel are low tier

Just post a bunch of emotes or whatever, people around here apparently love that garbage.

:kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :ghost: :grunt: :saucey: :saucey: :saucey: :salt:

:intel: :intel: :intel: :intel: :intel::weback:  :weback:

:beyond:  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which of these sound harder to make in Forge:

1. An ultra competitive, fast paced arena styled symmetrical map

2. An unorthodox map

Notice how adding numerous adjectives doesn't make my argument any stronger?

I agree those maps are cool and I've had plenty of fun on them, particularly Boarding Action, but imagine if CE had launched without Chiron, Boarding Action and Longest and in there place were three more comeptively viable maps.

some of the best maps halo has had haven't been symmetrical. there is room for improvement on the map front.

What is this? The popular teenage Instagram/Facebook pages? 

Yeah

:kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

^ those memes mean I'm being facetious. I learned them from Twitch chat.

EDIT: TSM TSM TSM Y U DO DIS FROGGEN :weback: :weback: :weback: :weback: :intel: :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 2

The exact question was "which of these would be EASIER to Forge".

Do I think CE is a better game because BA and Chiron are in it? Yes, yes I absolutely do. H1 had the best balance of arena, BTB, and fun maps that were created by the developer in the whole series.

If we are talking about directly remaking those exact maps then the answer is they are both just as easy to Forge.

I disagree that CE had the best balance, but whatever.

Would you really want Halo 5 to launch with let's say only 12 arena maps and 3 impractical "fun" maps?! Because let's be honest, BA and Chiron each only have one fun gametype (Team Snipers and Team Shottys). Halo 5 will have Forge so those wacky gametypes/maps can be developed by the community (which they have been since H3). All of 343's resources should and have gone towards Arena, Warzona maps, and forge canvasses to allow for unlimited player made "fun" maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only one I would ever use is

:salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:

But that's just because I love seeing :salt:

We back and Intel are low tier

LOW TIER?? MORE LIKE GOAT TIER!!!

:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

:intel::weback: :weback: :weback::kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

I'm 14 and what does this meme mean?

EDIT: I hate Greenskull btw DAE not really feel like Halo 5 is even a Halo game? Battlefront is more Halo than this. 3v4 industries indeed. TOO MANY RANKS, Y NO SPLIT SCREEN

@@Sal1ent what's the process you guys are going to use to include Forge maps in HCS h5? I hope it's not going to be Top players opinions otherwise we're just going to get an unoriginal 2 base 2 tower map again or a remake.

@@Sal1ent what's the process you guys are going to use to include Forge maps in HCS h5? I hope it's not going to be Top players opinions otherwise we're just going to get an unoriginal 2 base 2 tower map again or a remake.

Bring back Oversoul and Retroactive.

The :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: Reach forge maps.

Disagree? You must be :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :walshy: :walshy: :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would you really want Halo 5 to launch with let's say only 12 arena maps and 3 impractical "fun" maps?! Because let's be honest, BA and Chiron each only have one fun gametype (Team Snipers and Team Shottys). Halo 5 will have Forge so those wacky gametypes/maps can be developed by the community (which they have been since H3). All of 343's resources should and have gone towards Arena, Warzona maps, and forge canvasses to allow for unlimited player made "fun" maps.

I'm pretty sure 95% of us are in agreement, and have been in agreement for a long time, that good dev maps >>>>>> Forge maps, even with the advancements Forge has made over the last few Halo iterations. So to suggest that wanting a wide variety of (good) developer-made maps is a trivial wish is being obtuse.

And if those were twelve viable arena maps (I'd even let it slide and say something like Ivory Tower is "viable"), hell yes I'd be okay with it. Can you imagine 12 dev-made arena maps on the circuit that actually play decently? We've literally never had that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOW TIER?? MORE LIKE GOAT TIER!!!

:goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat: :goat:

:intel::weback: :weback: :weback::kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

I'm 14 and what does this meme mean?

EDIT: I hate Greenskull btw DAE not really feel like Halo 5 is even a Halo game? Battlefront is more Halo than this. 3v4 industries indeed. TOO MANY RANKS, Y NO SPLIT SCREEN

I wasn't prepared for this reply. This hurts to read

Edit: Yo I actually did think Oversoul was hella good tho. Can't remember Retroactive, was that Kellers map?

some of the best maps halo has had haven't been symmetrical. there is room for improvement on the map front.

Oh I completely agree, my favorite Halo maps of all time have typically been Asymmetrical. I was just mirroring what Lemon wrote. I'm not sure why he initialially used the word symmetrical to define arena maps lol. Carry on.

Or we just won't use Forge maps because we have 13 maps to choose from at launch and even more coming in DLC

Goddamn, the amount of emotes is too damn high. Like, holy balls.

In other news, hype train's increasing for Halo 5. Glad 343i allows us to access the "armory" on Waypoint, because I've been tinkering with armor for hours.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or we just won't use Forge maps because we have 13 maps to choose from at launch and even more coming in DLC

I'd love to at least see one in. Forge looks pretty capable of creating maps near on par with dev ones, and the community can no doubt put something good together

and if we have maps that are way better than what 343 offers?

Personally I'd like to see forge maps in playlist. There should be voting or something. It'd be a waste to have such a great forge and not do anything with it. 

Does anyone have the numbers for the beta TTK differential and if they've adjusted it since then?