CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well nothing really nice. I maybe asked him why he wont just kill himself and what a sad loser he must be in RL when he even has to cheat in a videogame.

Oh well, not a smart move from mine and I probably deserve a message ban. But not being able to communicate at all and play with friends for a week? I just got invited to some GTA and chill, and I cant even explain them what happened.

On the 360 people where always trashtalkong each other and I never had that problem. But hey its 2015 and we need a babysitter on XBL. Even when people can just block everything thats offensive.

On Xbox One, it's almost like a police state. I feel like I'm playing on pins and needles on this console with the whole reputation system and every little thing you say can be construed as offensive. In Microsoft's eyes, it's okay to play games full of extreme violence and killing online, but if you talk trash online, you're really crossing the line. One thing I like about Reach is talking mad trash pre and post game lobby.

Couldn't you argue that 60fps doesn't help the gameplay cause you can't do some jumps/glitches sometimes in some examples?

Like it doesn't ALWAYS help the gameplay.

I'm not sure if that's even the point, just don't kill me if you reply.

If the pros are getting the game tomorrow then there will be non-stop streams. Should be great fun.

I bet within 24 hrs of pros streaming... we'll know whether the ar pistol start is good or not.

Sad thing will be, it's not good... we're screwed come launch week. ;)

Question. If i remember correctly, somebody from MS or 343 was saying that H5 would be the first game fully supporting DX12 (also Forza 6 was mentioned i think). Thing is, that DX12 will not be out till next month, so H5 cant be possibly taking advantage of DX12. I wonder if DX12 will have any impact on H5. Do we have any info on this ?

5N1eagY.png

1. We need a pro player to like this post.

2. We need an official Beyond stat counter for "Skittles" posts - ones that are liked by every color.

Taste the rep rainbow

• Upvote (+1) 1

Couldn't you argue that 60fps doesn't help the gameplay cause you can't do some jumps/glitches sometimes in some examples?

Even if that were the case, it wouldn't be worth bringing up as an argument against 60 FPS, which was essentially my point; it's not worth bringing up how smooth 60 FPS feels in support of Halo 5 as a game.

Someone tell me why I should be excited for this game because I am still butthurt about MCC and all my friends seemed to have completely forgotten that the MCC disaster ever happened and I feel alone on an island.

MCC is like where in college/university, 343i had 2 projects.

MCC was a group project

Halo 5 was an individual project for another course

343i spent 90% of their time on Halo 5 whilst his friends working on the group project known as MCC was doing their own thing, only to hand in a fucked up messy incomplete project which 343i spent 10% of their time on to fix it up hoping to get a passing grade. 

That's how I see it.

Making sure the game works is one thing, but is it a good game? that's another thing.. that's up to you to decide

If you have a switch that changes 30fps to 60fps, with no impact on the game otherwise, you want it at 60fps.

It's never that simple of course. It's not good If the 60fps isn't consistent, or if major features are cut, etc.

It would be awesome if they would cut graphics before they cut features or a good framerate. But graphics always take precedent in today's industry.

MCC is like where in college/university, 343i had 2 projects.

MCC was a group project

Halo 5 was an individual project for another course

343i spent 90% of their time on Halo 5 whilst his friends working on the group project known as MCC was doing their own thing, only to hand in a fucked up messy incomplete project which 343i spent 10% of their time on to fix it up hoping to get a passing grade. 

That's how I see it.

Making sure the game works is one thing, but is it a good game? that's another thing.. that's up to you to decide

Since they outsourced the majority of the work, I wish they would have outsourced it to Bungie, though they might have declined because of Destiny. But still, can you imagine how amazing MCC would have been if Bungie developed it?

anyone who prefers 30fps over 60 fps clearly hasn't played enough 60 fps games. The difference is like dvd to blu ray.... why watch in standard def unless you dont have a blu ray option....

If you have a switch that changes 30fps to 60fps, with no impact on the game otherwise, you want it at 60fps.

It's never that simple of course. It's not good If the 60fps isn't consistent, or if major features are cut, etc.

It would be awesome if they would cut graphics before they cut features or a good framerate. But graphics always take precedent in today's industry.

Doesn't H5 run at 60fps with no drops? Like they cut the resolution a bit to get it stable unless that doesn't count as graphics?

anyone who prefers 30fps over 60 fps clearly hasn't played enough 60 fps games. The difference is like dvd to blu ray.... why watch in standard def unless you dont have a blu ray option....

What if blu-rays had scenes missing as compared to the dvd version?

Just playing devils advocate.

Doesn't H5 run at 60fps with no drops? Like they cut the resolution a bit to get it stable unless that doesn't count as graphics?

Yeah apparently it dynamically changes the resolution as needed. All reports say it's got a rock solid framerate.

First of all, which of these sound harder to make in Forge:

1. A simple, symmetrical arena map

2. A crazy awesome unorthodox geometrically-insane map with tons of goofy possibilities

Secondly, please don't tell me "wait for Forge". lol

Which of these sound harder to make in Forge:

1. An ultra competitive, fast paced arena styled symmetrical map

2. An unorthodox map

Notice how adding numerous adjectives doesn't make my argument any stronger?

I agree those maps are cool and I've had plenty of fun on them, particularly Boarding Action, but imagine if CE had launched without Chiron, Boarding Action and Longest and in there place were three more comeptively viable maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which of these sound harder to make in Forge:

1. An ultra competitive, fast paced arena styled symmetrical map

2. An unorthodox map

Notice how adding numerous adjectives doesn't make my argument any stronger?

Explain to me how the first one involves anything related to geometry.

Chill Out is one of the most competitive maps of all time and it's just a bunch of boxes with low-res textures.

Derelict is a platform with some teleporters. So is Wizard.

I agree those maps are cool and I've had plenty of fun on them, particularly Boarding Action, but imagine if CE had launched without Chiron, Boarding Action and Longest and in there place were three more comeptively viable maps.

Or, it could've launched with more Sidewinders and Timberlands.

hahaha oh man, I was going to do this exact thing yestersay. Cursed really was providing the non-stop lols yesterday

What he was saying made perfect sense though.

Going from 90-110 fps on PC games to even 60 fps kills me.  110 fps battlefield Worlds > 60 fps battlefield.  

Although, dvd to blu ray is nothing about frames per second .  Just resolution.  However, you could say the magnitude of user experience quality gain is similar for 30 -> 60 fps and dvd -> blu ray.

For non first person shooter games, I've found my happy median of 2160p resolution at 45 fps.   PC Master race wins.

TSince they outsourced the majority of the work, I wish they would have outsourced it to Bungie, though they might have declined because of Destiny. But still, can you imagine how amazing MCC would have been if Bungie developed it?

it would have been shit. They would have launched TMCC without the M, C or C and then charged you $20 for each part while they fixed it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it would have been shit. it takes bungie 8 hours to move a resource node on patrol 2 inches. they would have launched TMCC without the M, C or C and then charged you $20 for each part while they fixed it. 

Can we even compare that? Destiny is a beast of its own, completely different engine.

Can we even compare that? Destiny is a beast of its own, completely different engine.

quick reply froze before i could edit that part out goddammit. 

Yeah apparently it dynamically changes the resolution as needed. All reports say it's got a rock solid framerate.

Dynamic resolution on the fly?  or based on certain maps or levels?

Guys, I just modified my 500fps blank white screen in Unreal Engine 4 so that it's actually a multiplayer Chess game. Unfortunately, in order to do so I was forced to make it edgy and added a number of polygons for the Chess pieces, which really fucked with the framerate. Now it can only get 30fps. This sucks because even though it's much much more cinematic now, it's clearly not as competitive as my friends Checkers game which runs at 60fps.

• Upvote (+1) 3