CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

LOL

You know those forums and TB are very PC centric lol.

So? the point is, when you make an article (in most cases) you actually link the actual source somewhere in the article.

Frankly O'Connor, I have never understood the huge discrepancy people have between Bungie's and 343's art styles. Halo has always looked similarly cartoony in every iteration to me, to the point that I don't even bother differentiating.

C863QxV.jpg

lDdoQ2i.jpg

7zj2101.jpg

9M3annT.jpg

lEX29hM.png

slpEezQ.jpg

kJnydlT.jpg

a84qeBc.jpg

For many people there may not be too much distinction, obviously with the change of hands there are 2 interpretations and philosophies. for people who do have criticisms for the current style you can see the use of lighting and shadows, other post-processing effects, same-y styles for human, forerunner and to a lesser degree covenant architecture, overly rounded / curvy, less gritty, plastic looking objects, really noisy scenes and desaturation play a part in that criticism. zealot may not of been the best example, but the schism definitely happens between bungie and 343 and imo it is a stark contrast.

it's akin to a clean photo vs one with multiple filters. also bungie design philosophy valued simplism, the maps that 343 / CA have made are much more cluttered

i was also going to write a chunk on how the narrative and atmosphere feels more like star wars while 343 feels more like star trek, though goat beat me to it

• Upvote (+1) 1

So? the point is, when you make an article (in most cases) you actually link the actual source somewhere in the article.

Well I wouldn't mind a few more PC people on here, now that I checked there is no link to Beyond. A shame.

Also its on facebook too!

JCs495H.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

1PM MDT? Today or tomorrow? Hahahah sorry

Multiplayer – Starting on October 22 at 9 a.m. PDT / 4 p.m. CEST / 5p.m. BST Once the Oct. 22 content update is available, there will be no restrictions on coverage of Arena or Warzone multiplayer content, including REQ System content and Spartan Customization. Campaign co-op is restricted to the same missions listed above.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I have a question about armor unlocks, We will still unlock armor from leveling right? Or is it just from Reqs now? Not sure if this has been answered but yeah. 

I have a question about armor unlocks, We will still unlock armor from leveling right? Or is it just from Reqs now? Not sure if this has been answered but yeah.

I believe it is all done through the REQ system. But you get packs for levelling up, so if you want to count that?

I believe it is all done through the REQ system. But you get packs for levelling up, so if you want to count that?

Damn that kind of sucks, oh well. I just want my god tier Anubis 

Well I wouldn't mind a few more PC people on here, now that I checked there is no link to Beyond. A shame.

Also its on facebook too!

JCs495H.png

Whoever wrote this article has approximately zero reading comprehension. Wow, reposting a dank meme a dev makes on a forum. What fantastic journalism. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Those packs only have common reqs (i.e. weapons for warzone) if I recall. Don't think they have armor. Need to use REQ points for those packs for armor.

The REQ packs are cute. 

The other day I opened a Shadow Case I got after a round of CSGO, spent $2.50 for a key to open it and then sold the gun I got in the case for $70.  B)

• Upvote (+1) 3

The REQ packs are cute. 

The other day I opened a Shadow Case I got after a round of CSGO, spent $2.50 for a key to open it and then sold the gun I got in the case for $70.  B)

I'm jelly. I never got anything cool in a case.

The REQ packs are cute. 

I mean that's great when that happens but the more likely scenario is you spend $2.50 for a key and get a 10 cent skin.

I'm jelly. I never got anything cool in a case.

Lol, I forgot to mention that I have gone through a few cases and gotten nothing but crap SMGs or Shotguns. Even though they aren't worth much, some of them look pretty cool. 

Would you really have preferred 343 devote resources to developing "cool" maps like Boarding Action and Chiron? If you want to play on whacky maps that are fun for like one gametype wait til Forge releases.

even having more experimental asyms would be nice, though i don't feel they were pulled off successfully (tbh they were average at best) namely because they were designed around AA's and bloom i commend powerhouse, swordbase and boardwalk, good to have a roster of syms as they're safe, but it's amazing when you get a good asym.

I mean that's great when that happens but the more likely scenario is you spend $2.50 for a key and get a 10 cent skin.

Oh I know. 

I find myself in some new, strange territory with this game. On the one hand I haven't really been a fan of 343, and everyone knows the history and there is no need to repeat it. And, there is nothing wrong with waiting to see if a company that's botched things in the past can get one right before handing over the cash. But what I'm talking about is can I approach this game without all this baggage and give it a legitimate shot? What I don't want to do is miss a good experience because I'm mad about this or that or I don't like some of the people at the company or whatever or it doesn't have some feature/mechanic I loved in the past or has some stuff I don't like. But that's my challenge/goal, to give it a fair chance without importing all the negativity that's led up to it...

• Upvote (+1) 3

C863QxV.jpg

For many people there may not be too much distinction, obviously with the change of hands there are 2 interpretations and philosophies. for people who do have criticisms for the current style you can see the use of lighting and shadows, other post-processing effects, same-y styles for human, forerunner and to a lesser degree covenant architecture, overly rounded / curvy, less gritty, plastic looking objects, really noisy scenes and desaturation play a part in that criticism. zealot may not of been the best example, but the schism definitely happens between bungie and 343 and imo it is a stark contrast.

it's akin to a clean photo vs one with multiple filters. also bungie design philosophy valued simplism, the maps that 343 / CA have made are much more cluttered

i was also going to write a chunk on how the narrative and atmosphere feels more like star wars while 343 feels more like star trek, though goat beat me to it

I totally agree with the sentiment that the maps are too similar, and I suppose I can get on board with the FX overload, but if I put Truth and Gemini side-by-side, I just end up saying to myself "these are both impractical and silly".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoever wrote this article has approximately zero reading comprehension. Wow, reposting a dank meme a dev makes on a forum. What fantastic journalism.

Well that whole conversation was begging to misread. I had to read back a few pages to get some context because some things were not adding up. The whole article is definitely out of context though.

Or if I put my tinfoil hat on its all a plot to destroy Lemon.

Bro!

I became a dad. So I disappeared for a very long time. H5 is bringing me back to the dark side. Hit me up when the game comes out.

Add me bro. 

GT: Humpflungs Back

• Upvote (+1) 1