CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because akademik clearly told Batchford about how he beat me in one CE game.

@@Batchford

Please never ever post the things we've said regarding Jawshe because he might literally fucking explode.

Thanks,

Edit: Okay, I feel bad now. No Batch doesn't talk shit about you, but come on dude. Stahhpp

Edit 2: Actually, I don't feel bad. You literally capped the scoreboard when AkaDemik had some bad games just in case you ever need to shit talk him in the future. Those in glass houses something something

• Upvote (+1) 1

But at the end of the day an actual human will have to interpret what is being displayed on the screen. This isn't some "well in the theory the mechanics are actually x, whereas the frame rate is y". They are both integral parts of the gaming experience.

But once we all agree that 60FPS is superior to 30, and that it actually is an admirable thing for 343 to prioritise (even though it should be a given but alas this console generation is a bit of a joke, power wise) I'm happy.

Everyone agrees that 60fps is better. Find a post here saying 60fps is a bad thing.

The disagreement relates to the weight of it when judging Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of the same people saying fov doesn't matter are the same ones that say they hate Halo 3 because of the fov. Just thought I'd say that. However, in terms of the game it isn't not on par with starting weapons, timers, map design etc. and I think that's the whole point being made.

People keep saying that but I've literally quoted Cursed saying FPS and FoV only affect "visual comfort". That's the only reason I've kept this going as long as I have

One more week. Just need to survive this calculus midterm and the rest of the wait will be a breeze.

@@Batchford

Please never ever post the things we've said regarding Jawshe because he might literally fucking explode.

Thanks,

Batchford likes to be my friend on XBL but then talks shit about me behind my back. Real classy.

Hey, thanks Batch.

Legendary collectors edition arrived this afternoon, download started, life goal complete. Step two... Get invited to the Team Beyond group on HaloWaypoint... Challenge Accepted!

60+fps and higher FOV(90-110) make games better. Hasn't that been established?

I like 60 FPS and wider FOVs because they're nicer to look at and less claustrophobic, absolutely. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would anyone like to change the subject and discuss about these?

It's weird that we still haven't seen full game play on Plaza yet.

It's weird that we still haven't seen full game play on Plaza yet.

I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday when the patch comes out and watch some people with early access stream it.

People keep saying that but I've literally quoted Cursed saying FPS and FoV only affect "visual comfort". That's the only reason I've kept this going as long as I have

This is exactly why I went after Lemon. I don't care what he's arguing, I'm just sick of seeing him skew micro-facts to help his point.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

He is talking about the mechanics of the game.

60 fps does not affect the mechanics of the game in a significant way.

I do not know anything about halo 5, but if it had similar issues to its predecessors, then his argument is essentially:

60 fps doesn't matter when you have an imbalanced weapon set, kill times are slow, maps suck dick, close quarter combat is a derp fest, nades are shit, etc, etc

Yeah but Cursed wasn't specific which resulted in the last couple pages of posts. Had he actually mentioned those aspects rather than comparing it to 'visual comfort' then this would have been moot, alas he did not. The reason he's not discussing those in detail is because god forbid it happens--those mechanics might actually work this time around in this game, so instead it's easier to discredit every aspect of it by being purposefully vague. If the pistol being slightly under powered to the BR is an unbalanced sandbox then we truly are blessed because I remember my unbalanced sandboxes having two/three of the same weapon that were useless and a starting weapon that had random variables in it.

Don't get me wrong, what you mentioned are important aspects of the game play that could easily put us back right where we started. However, considering how the majority of people on these forums have not played the game (or not in a position to talk about it) everything else is people blowing smoke out of their collective asses.

Any discussion is frivolous until the game comes out, and if you're bashing it already before playing it then you're just as bad as the noobs on Waypoint going apeshit over it.

This is exactly why I went after Lemon. I don't care what he's arguing, I'm just sick of seeing him skew micro-facts to help his point.

what are you fucking batman

Fps effects gameplay. Why do all the top quake players turn down visuals and resolution, but have their frames going above 120+? Because fps effects their performance and gameplay dramatically.

to4s to match to4s? I feel I have to take this chance to ask.

Already answered, it isn't guaranteed but it is the goal. If a to4 can't be found with matching skill/good connection, then it moves away from finding a to4

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's an ignore button too, I'm about to use it for the first time myself. That way I don't have to see any other posters go around taunting their "intel was right" and teased that they had more, then ignored everyone who asks them. On a positive note, this message here brings some attention to you, and that's all you ever wanted in the first place.

idc what anyone else thinks of this message. the dude puts his whole heart into posts and will say things like I know what he's arguing about, then an hour later post something else saying "I don't care what he's arguing for". I've seen him do this before a couple of times too so if you think this is harsh so be it. I'm always for debates, but not with people who are willing to put their fingers and their ears and yell LALALA.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1