CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Except... it's not actually. At all. 

Framerate directly impacts the moment to moment connection between player input and what is drawn to screen. It's logically incoherent for you to complain on the one hand about any extra frame of animation drawn between actions in the game and then turn around and state that framerate has no meaningful impact on gameplay beyond visual comfort. That is factually incorrect.

I'm sorry, but your desire to go negative at every opportunity has betrayed you here.

Now if the point you're trying to make is that faster response times won't improve your experience when playing a game that brings you no joy, that is a coherent argument. Everyone has their own subjective opinions about stuff.

Your insistence on taking everything I say in the worst possible context could definitely be construed as a form of negativity, I'll say that much (but god forbid you actually practice what you preach and put things into...context). Yes, I obviously meant the latter. Why in the word would I complain about 60 FPS?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Your insistence on taking everything I say in the worst possible context could definitely be construed as a form of negativity, I'll say that much (but god forbid you actually practice what you preach and put things into...context). Yes, I obviously meant the latter. Why in the word would I complain about 60 FPS?

Kinda shot yourself in the foot with how you worded it to be honest, even though I still agree with you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

haha what kind of reasoning is that? Theres a lot of strictly inferior things out there that people don't have a problem with, doesn't mean the substantial gap in quality isn't there. If someone says they can enjoy 480p as much as 1080p or 4k am I meant to take their word that there is no visual discrepancy there? Get a grip man

Yes. There is a visual discrepancy there. Not a gameplay discrepancy, unless the game operates on such extreme in-game distances that Mr. 480 literally cannot see Mr. 1080 at certain lengths; likewise, unless the resolution of combat in Halo 60 exists in the space between two 60 FPS frames, like landing individual assault rifle bullets, there is no gameplay difference. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda shot yourself in the foot with how you worded it to be honest, even though I still agree with you.

If by that you mean I invited the worst of the peanut gallery to chime in, perhaps.

• Downvote (-1) 1

@@Sal1ent, any ETA on HCS News since we won't be having any form of invitational?

Halo 5: Live perhaps? I know it's more of a question for Che and the eSports team but we've been in the dark and have been hearing a lot of #Soon (since August :/ )

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been lurking on these forums for almost a year so I figured I'd finally get an account... bring on the negs :wutface:

Kinda disappointed the multi-kill timers are 4.5 secs. I hope those are tuned after launch. Getting those medals never felt the same after H4.

• Upvote (+1) 8

@@Sal1ent  Not sure if you saw my tweet after, but do you mean more variants of weapons/vehicles already in the game or entirely new vehicles and weapons? Such as bringing the revenant back from Reach or the Reach Nadelauncher?

1d3e5fc756ebfca14875590b8035224f.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been lurking on these forums for almost a year so I figured I'd finally get an account... bring on the negs :wutface:

Kinda disappointed the multi-kill timers are 4.5 secs. I hope those are tuned after launch. Getting those medals never felt the same after H4.

I get so many more multikills now.  I don't mind the new kill timer because of that although I feel less good about myself at the same time.

Edit: I gave you a negative neg :) 

I wonder what the major difference is in Halo 5 vs Halo 4 in regards to the sandbox that will require us to take time and learn, in order to tell if the time between chain kills seems to be too long and accessible, which I guess was the entire point. 4.5 seconds makes obtaining these medals easier for a majority of players. I can't see any logical reason to lengthen those times unless they felt it was too difficult for people to achieve.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get so many more multikills now.  I don't mind the new kill timer because of that although I feel less good about myself at the same time.

I know what you mean. They feel less important now, like when they started adding Jeff Steitzer's voice to everything in H4. 

Well, seems like everything that needed to be said has been said. To recap my point here;

Halo 5 gameplay based on what I played in the beta, and the changes that have been described to me since, will be good. There are flaws that I see, but no game is perfect.

The features that I described are what have me most excited. It is a feature set that is absolutely unparalleled in any Halo game.

I think that the following months will validate my viewpoint.

i agree halo 5 base gameplay is fine from what i played too.  it's just not "halo"  but from a competitive standpoint halo 5 vanilla is kinda good.  the best vanilla halo since ce

Yes. There is a visual discrepancy there. Not a gameplay discrepancy, unless the game operates on such extreme in-game distances that Mr. 480 literally cannot see Mr. 1080 at certain lengths; likewise, unless the resolution of combat in Halo 60 exists in the space between two 60 FPS frames, like landing individual assault rifle bullets, there is no gameplay difference. 

My example wasn't meant to relate to gaming in any way. The big takeaway was that you don't have to be able to feel the difference for it to be there. As in if some random person says "theres no difference between MP3 or FLAC" or "manual and automatic transmission", they can feel that way all they want, it doesn't change anything.

It is the most basic button to visual response, instantaneous aspect of gameplay there is. Salient already said it all. Although a fun little game for you might be to try find any pro gamer from any pc game that plays below 60fps because "they like the feel of it" 

And now wee see the threatened Lemon performing its well known defensive maneuver.

He attempts to confuse his prey by making backwards logical statements and attempting to use higher vocabulary.

The prey will not be fooled this time. The Lemon is doomed.

giphy.gif

What was that last deal of intel you said you were posting a couple days ago?

• Upvote (+1) 1