CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah honestly the spectator mode is terrible. It's good for online tournaments and will be great for HCS cups but the 15 second delay makes it useless at live events

Yeah honestly the spectator mode is terrible. It's good for online tournaments and will be great for HCS cups but the 15 second delay makes it useless at live events

Not necessarily. If there are spectators, yes. But if they do tournaments without live spectators it would work. However, it would be dumb to have a major tournament without spectators so you're likely right. I just hope there is a remedy to this so that we can use the tools for live tournaments. Maybe have the players play in a sound proof box and black out the windows so no one can see in or out and have player cams on a huge screen set with the same delay as the gameplay. Idk just reaching here at this point. 

So there's a HUMAN cult (Hunt the Truth) that worships Forerunners as well? (well, in a bullshit-charlatan way yeah) About damn time.

Time for a human covenant. Huuuuuh? Huuuuuuuuuuuh?

Anyone know how hard it would be to have a slider or some sort of delay option so that we can choose how much delay we want?  I guess since they're adding a lot of stuff post launch they could add a delay option post launch too :P 

If Halo 5 was fleshed out, why are we getting less gametypes than ever before? Why aren't we getting Forge at release? Calling Halo 5 fleshed out when it's missing things essential to Halo is perplexing to say the least.

Actually, being fleshed out is about having the included features working, and working consistently without error.  You are talking about features that 343 decided to add in later. 

When it comes to the game being fleshed out, I believe it will work well with far less bugs than the MCC launch.  I am confident the features that are there will work and work well.

Rather have that then all the features we are used to, but they are all slightly broken in some sort of way.    

Anyone know how hard it would be to have a slider or some sort of delay option so that we can choose how much delay we want? I guess since they're adding a lot of stuff post launch they could add a delay option post launch too :P

Sure they could do that. But it won't ever get below a certain amount, probably 15 seconds.

Because you aren't spectating the game -you're watching it in theater, being recreated from a save file.

Until they remake the mode from the ground up they can't eliminate the delay.

Spectator mode is great for spectating matches, especially your friends or online tournaments. However what we need is a broadcaster mode like CoD. It's a separate player in the lobby who chooses broadcaster instead of a team and then can view the game real time with extra features.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think it's going to be campy or teamshot only. My biggest concern is due to thruster, are we going to be able to finish our own kills consistently against really good players.

Sprint isn't even the issue here. It's been nerfed to shit. It's hardly an advantage anymore. Thruster is going to be the bitch.

But the game will still be great. It's no different to me than Halo 3 with getting screwed out of kills with the BR online, or Reach with bloom and people sprinting away, or with Halo 4 with slow kill times and sprint. I would rather have thruster jeopardize kill flow than the other main problems with the other games.

Why are you settling for broken gameplay mechanics that replace other broken gameplay mechanics and then say it'll be fine? That it's the same as we've had before? Why not argue for actually fixing these things, instead of just making them less bad?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as spec mode is "good", it was just not as awesome as most people here thought it would be :S

Because for me personally, I thought they were gunna implement a 'casting' mode. 

Including more features like a minimap.

After what @goldenboy told us, that he talked to the 343i people about the different casting mode features on other games, I personally thought 343i could implement them.

I mean it's an amazing step for the spectator mode, we just kinda ....well I kinda expected a bit more. 

"Expected a bit more" is an understatement. I might be in the minority, but the only thing that I was truly hyped for in Halo 5 was the introduction of a true spectator mode. 343 had more than enough time to do their research on what we needed in a spec. mode and they fell short in delivering one that would improve the live event experience. Ever since the introduction of theater mode and forge mode in Halo 3, Halo's tools have either become more limited with each new title or removed altogether. Luckily, Forge mode this time around would be an actual step up compared to previous games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't make a list like the one I posted about the other games. You just can't. I invite you to try though.

Not with the knowledge we have today, but pre-release there have been lists very similar to yours for every game.

And why don't you? Give me a good reason why they delayed it for that one purpose.

Because I think their sustain model includes forcing us to play their new product as much as they can. They want their entire community to be on the same page with going into matchmaking and playing their new ideas.

Why is Breakout in HCS and Team Arena? They want to force us to play it so that it might stick.

Why are there no standard BR start gametypes? Because they want to force us to use the AR pistol starts so that they unite the casual and competitive audience.

Why are there only 4 gametypes? They have to give us Slayer. Then they want us to try out the new strongholds, the new flag, and the new breakout.

Why aren't Legendary weapons available to be forged? Because they don't want competitive players possibly using some of the weapons to create a non 343 sponsored game mode, or casuals to just pick and choose the fun weapons and use them all the time instead of in Warzone.

Why didn't they give us veto options in matchmaking? So we don't play favorites with maps and we don't skip over their new baby breakout.

Why didn't they give us Forge at launch? To funnel people into their gametypes in matchmaking as much as humanly possible. Just like all these other aspects of Halo 5.

Listen, I know they've probably given reasons for each of these things, and you can believe them if you wish. I just don't. I think they are trying to "encourage" people to really try their new brand of Halo 5, which means AR pistols, the maps, the gametypes, the movement, the whole kit n caboodle. I'm not saying 343 is evil for doing this, and heck it probably is even for the best in Halo 5 that they get everyone on the same page. But this is what I believe happened.

• Upvote (+1) 5

"This game will play well, it will be supported, it will have longevity, and we will end up viewing this as the most successful Halo game at least since Halo 3." I ordered Halo 5 too, but that is one bold statement. I honestly feel like I'll get my $60 worth of entertainment from the campaign alone and hopefully much more when it comes to multiplayer and DLC. But, I'm still a little skeptical.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does anyone think that any matchmaking kids being in the top 200 in the HCS/Arena playlist leaderboards will actually get noticed and given a look by pros? Or will pros just continue to call anybody that beats them online "warriors" and shake them off? If there is an in-game leaderboard like 343 said there would be, it could actually be a great way to find new talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does anyone think that any matchmaking kids being in the top 200 in the HCS/Arena playlist leaderboards will actually get noticed and given a look by pros? Or will pros just continue to call anybody that beats them online "warriors" and shake them off? If there is an in-game leaderboard like 343 said there would be, it could actually be a great way to find new talent.

If it's anything like LoL, then the top few that aren't known yet will get noticed/invited to Scrims.

The best way is just get a decent placing though, which is the only thing that matters anyways.