CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

And just because someone is top rank in Team Arena, doesn't mean that person would easily be top rank in the other playlists.

This is something MLG type players can't fathom.

I had an MLG 50. Yet I couldnt get a FFA 50 or a snipers 50. I couldn't get remotely close to a squad or rbtb 50.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't even come close to that list with Halo 3, Halo Reach, or Halo 4. You can't even put it in the same ballpark.

Yes you can, it has happened before, people type big lists of all features they think are going to be great. I'm sure a few people here remember on the mlg forums that snipetality (I think? correct if wrong please but his name comes to mind) was almost erect after the reach beta, saying it's going to be the best halo by FAR since h1 and all these great things and look how that turned out.

You posted "I'm not saying you aren't allowed to say that you're skeptical, and that you don't want to preorder, or that you think the game totes sucks. I'm just saying you're wrong, and the proof is in the pudding with this game.", you cannot say "you are wrong" when it comes to someone being skeptical, if anything the evidence suggests you are wrong not being skeptical.

Of course I'm not going to tell you not to be excited, it's nice people can still get hyped but for me and i'm sure a few others 343 have absolutely killed the hype with h4 and mcc as they were both an absolute joke to the franchise.

All I can say is don't get your hopes too high and please wait after you've played it a while to say it's an amazing game as the honey moon phase can be a huge problem with halo. I'm not going to be one of these people who says "the game will be terrible", those people suck because if the game does suck, they were right and if it doesn't, they have a great game to play, they win either way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These are the kinds of discussions that get frustrating.

I can say "Well, each factor I listed is verifiable either through beta gameplay, confirmed features that are black and white, or can be easily projected by anyone who even remotely knows Halo".

But you already knew that. Halo isn't a complicated game. Never has been. You can see the positives and negatives from miles and miles away. With the amount this community has discussed competitive Halo mechanics and features, it's not a challenge to project the post beta changes. This isn't our first rodeo.

I won't be able to change your mind on your skepticism, but let's be honest here. We know what a healthy game with fleshed out features looks like. I'm not saying this is CE 2. CE is an entirely different game than everything that has followed. I'm saying this will be a better overall experience than anything else we've had since, IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO TAKE OFF THE GOGGLES.

I feel we are doing addition and subtraction when looking at the final product of Halo 5 as opposed to the Beta, not Calculus and Trigonometry. That's why I'm confident in what I said.

If Halo 5 was fleshed out, why are we getting less gametypes than ever before? Why aren't we getting Forge at release? Calling Halo 5 fleshed out when it's missing things essential to Halo is perplexing to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They wouldn't be taken away... they'd still be in the game with background skill MMR. The only thing that would be gone is a Rank symbol next to their playlist that would mean nothing to majority of them.

Ya. Just like in reach and h4 when everything dropped to social. Nobody cared. Nobody.

Nobody.

People are already freaking out about h5 only having 5 ranked lists. People would FLIP SHIT over one ranked list.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes you can, it has happened before, people type big lists of all features they think are going to be great. I'm sure a few people here remember on the mlg forums that snipetality (I think? correct if wrong please but his name comes to mind) was almost erect after the reach beta, saying it's going to be the best halo by FAR since h1 and all these great things and look how that turned out.

You posted "I'm not saying you aren't allowed to say that you're skeptical, and that you don't want to preorder, or that you think the game totes sucks. I'm just saying you're wrong, and the proof is in the pudding with this game.", you cannot say "you are wrong" when it comes to someone being skeptical, if anything the evidence suggests you are wrong not being skeptical.

Of course I'm not going to tell you not to be excited, it's nice people can still get hyped but for me and i'm sure a few others 343 have absolutely killed the hype with h4 and mcc as they were both an absolute joke to the franchise.

All I can say is don't get your hopes too high and please wait after you've played it a while to say it's an amazing game as the honey moon phase can be a huge problem with halo. I'm not going to be one of these people who says "the game will be terrible", those people suck because if the game does suck, they were right and if it doesn't, they have a great game to play, they win either way.

No, you can't lol.

• Downvote (-1) 2

This is completely subjective. I'm pretty happy with the playlists outside of Doubles.

To me, the lack of doubles at launch is an insult.

By now, after every Halo game. They know the community wants and expect a doubles playlist.

But they are to stubborn and want to funnel all players to the new gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, you can't lol.

Constructive reply. I hope having no skepticism doesn't leave you disappointed in the coming weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

your an incredibly giant douche bag, All of your post have sounded like a 10 year old throwing a tantrum.

10 year old throwing a tantrum? I've only bitched once or twice before. Like seriously fucking bitched. I am a douche bag but saying I am a ten year old is a bit rude. Anyhow if you have a problem with me then do it over PM and don't discuss it over the forum. On topic I think the reception will be mixed as most games with a long history will have.

I know there are negatives that people see. Whether it's a delayed forge, limited launch gametypes, easy sniping, breakout in HCS settings, no veto system, or whatever. But people who are like;

"LOL why should I believe dis Halo will b any different then teh last games????"

These people aren't getting the whole picture. The gameplay is good. The features are great. I don't think you can take that positives list and top it with anything that Halo 3, Reach, or 4 offered. Not with a non-biased perspective. We all have selective goggles on right now, we see what we want to see. But this isn't the Master Chief collection. The game quite obviously works. It worked almost a year ago, and priority one since that point has been to avoid another MCC launch. This game will play well, it will be supported, it will have longevity, and we will end up viewing this as the most successful Halo game at least since Halo 3.

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to say that you're skeptical, and that you don't want to preorder, or that you think the game totes sucks. I'm just saying you're wrong, and the proof is in the pudding with this game.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always hated SWAT, but many people like it, so why don't they deserve to have a ranking system like the others? SWAT players want competitive matchups and something to play for too.

SWAT has always been a casual mode. Since its introduction to Halo in Halo 2, people went into customs and played SWAT for fun. The amount of people that play SWAT competitively that actually want ranks pales in comparison to the people that play it socially. I personally don't think that select small group of people warrants ranks in SWAT.

I know there's no forge yet and the playlists suck but at least there is a spectator mode. A pretty good one too

The playlists are good and the Spectator mode sucks for me rofl

This is actually one of the most clever memes I've seen on our forums

100% dank.

sandboarding-thumbs-up-nice-meme-sand-bo

If Halo 5 was fleshed out, why are we getting less gametypes than ever before? Why aren't we getting Forge at release? Calling Halo 5 fleshed out when it's missing things essential to Halo is perplexing to say the least.

Didn't say it was perfect. But it's clear that they are limiting gametypes to force us to try these new ones. They aren't letting us forge at release so that people are more likely to play the launch gametypes and maps so that we get used to them. I won't defend what they're doing in these respects, but I stand by my statements. Most of the negatives 343 are implementing at launch to me seem to get at 2 things; getting us used to the new aspects of Halo 5, and sustaining the game.

Constructive reply. I hope having no skepticism doesn't leave you disappointed in the coming weeks.

You can't make a list like the one I posted about the other games. You just can't. I invite you to try though.

giphy.gif

Too late #boldpredictions

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't say it was perfect. But it's clear that they are limiting gametypes to force us to try these new ones. They aren't letting us forge at release so that people are more likely to play the launch gametypes and maps so that we get used to them. I won't defend what they're doing in these respects, but I stand by my statements. Most of the negatives 343 are implementing at launch to me seem to get at 2 things; getting us used to the new aspects of Halo 5, and sustaining the game.

You can't make a list like the one I posted about the other games. You just can't. I invite you to try though.

Too late #boldpredictions

I'm sorry but saying what you said about Forge is completely incorrect. They are delaying it because it is NOT FINISHED.

I know there's no forge yet and the playlists suck but at least there is a spectator mode. A pretty good one too

As much as spec mode is "good", it was just not as awesome as most people here thought it would be :S

Because for me personally, I thought they were gunna implement a 'casting' mode. 

Including more features like a minimap.

After what @goldenboy told us, that he talked to the 343i people about the different casting mode features on other games, I personally thought 343i could implement them.

I mean it's an amazing step for the spectator mode, we just kinda ....well I kinda expected a bit more. 

These are the kinds of discussions that get frustrating.

I can say "Well, each factor I listed is verifiable either through beta gameplay, confirmed features that are black and white, or can be easily projected by anyone who even remotely knows Halo".

But you already knew that. Halo isn't a complicated game. Never has been. You can see the positives and negatives from miles and miles away. With the amount this community has discussed competitive Halo mechanics and features, it's not a challenge to project the post beta changes. This isn't our first rodeo.

I won't be able to change your mind on your skepticism, but let's be honest here. We know what a healthy game with fleshed out features looks like. I'm not saying this is CE 2. CE is an entirely different game than everything that has followed. I'm saying this will be a better overall experience than anything else we've had since, IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO TAKE OFF THE GOGGLES.

I feel we are doing addition and subtraction when looking at the final product of Halo 5 as opposed to the Beta, not Calculus and Trigonometry. That's why I'm confident in what I said.

More like linear algebruh! 

I'm sorry but saying what you said about Forge is completely incorrect. They are delaying it because it is NOT FINISHED.

Hey could be. I don't believe it though.