CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

any word from 343 on the arbitrary 100 player limit in clans?

Nothing that I know of. Bravo posted in the topic I made on Waypoint saying he'd talk to the web team so it's just a waiting game. I'll ping him on Twitter at some point and see if I can get a response. I imagine the web team is more focused on making sure the stats for Halo 5 are working though.

The same thing would happen in social playlists. Your CSR rank may not be displayed but there is still an MMR being tracked behind the scenes to determine best skill match and maintain skill balance between players. If you backpack your friends to wins against teams of higher skill, their MMR is going to move up behind the scenes.

Social lists have never had skill based mm that is as tight as it is in ranked lists.

Even if it was though and social lists had the exact same MM criteria as ranked lists(they never have) it would still be more enjoyable in an unranked setting. Visual, skill based ranks have a clear effect on how players feel and play. It can be positive but it can also be negative sometimes. You guys are totally ignoring the negative effects and giving players no alternatives( besides warzone or a different game).

@@Sal1ent have you thought about making a Team Training esque playlist? 4v4, all maps and gametypes. Totally unranked and no skill based matchmaking whatsoever?

Also could you tell us which playlists will have the monthly resets? I think we can assume Team Arena will but will FFA have resets or will we be able to worry about grinding Team Arena to improve our rank while playing FFA and ranking up slowly over time?

The same thing would happen in social playlists. Your CSR rank may not be displayed but there is still an MMR being tracked behind the scenes to determine best skill match and maintain skill balance between players. If you backpack your friends to wins against teams of higher skill, their MMR is going to move up behind the scenes.

So why not have Social playlists? :>

Really want this game to succeed.

My heart can't take another disappointment from this franchise.

Same. Halo 5 will be the first Halo game I rent instead of buying at release. Reach, the 4 and MCC have just worn me down too much.

Same. Halo 5 will be the first Halo game I rent instead of buying at release. Reach, the 4 and MCC have just worn me down too much.

Is renting games still a thing? Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you want the ranks to mean nothing?

In the halo ecosystem having only one ranked list would make ranks mean less.

If the MLG list was the only ranked list in h3 most people wouldn't care about people's ranks. It would be a sideshow. An irrelevant, tacked on, afterthought. Sane as reach's arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really want this game to succeed.

My heart can't take another disappointment from this franchise.

RIP Soul flame.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Redbox I'd assume

And even then there's a slim chance it'll be there at launch. There's always Gamefly

Is renting games still a thing? Lol

I used Gamefly when the Xbox One first came out. Got to play all of the launch titles for cheap :)

How many times did you open the site, realize it was down, close the tab and then immediately tried to open it again in another tab?

Wayyyyy too many times to count

• Upvote (+1) 1

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

Ive already explained this to you twice. You clearly disagree but I dont know why you keep trying to engage in tge same circular discussion.

You feel having one ranked list is good. I feel the halo community is far top diverse with far too many popular setting variants for that to work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how long the honeymoon phase will last with this particular Halo?

Honestly I'd say it might be shorter, seeing how the last halo game(s) were not all that great. It also depends on how much you know about the game, if you know everything there is to know about the game before it comes out it is going to get boring quickly. That's why I limit how much I watch of Halo 5.

Listened to the Halo 5 OST. Too many filler tracks. I wish they would make it just 1 CD with iconic tracks (Trials, Light is Green, Canticles, Blue Team...) and relased the second album digitally like they did with H4.

Ive already explained this to you twice. You clearly disagree but I dont know why you keep trying to engage in tge same circular discussion.

You feel having one ranked list is good. I feel the halo community is far top diverse with far too many popular setting variants for that to work.

I'm not saying one list is the definitive necessity, but there needs to be a MINIMAL amount of playlists, no questions asked. If you read my original post you'd see that at the very most I suggest having 4v4, 2v2, and FFA ranked lists. Everything else is social.