CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like I'm living in this secluded world and I'm just missing something.

Am I the only one that has no clue where all the press/early release copies of the game are for the top HCS pros?

I haven't seen a single HCS pro stream halo 5 yet. Multiplayer isn't open until the 22nd, so that's fine. Maybe they just don't like campaign.

The problem is, I haven't even heard any pro player say they have a copy. What gives? Am I completely missing something?

Just seems so strange.

Suddoth1 is streaming H5 right now  :saucey:

Edit: I take that back. He started the game, is now playing halo 4

Damn, are ever pighead. You do realise that people who are not you can like and dislike different things than you do right?

Saying warzone is sufficient to cover all the needs of everyone who wants to play in an unranked environment is akin to saying having the MLG list as the only ranked list in H3 would have been sufficient.

The two biggest reason people have left Halo are broken mechanics and lack of a good ranking system. I'm just ecstatic that we are finally getting ranked playlists back and on top of that maybe the best ranking system Halo has ever seen. I'm not totally against another social playlist such as a "team training" that others have mentioned. They could make it a 4v4 mix of slayer and objective gametypes. I just don't want 343 to look at this as "hey, they'd rather have social so let's switch a bunch of the ranked playlists to social". I think using a second account to play with lower skilled friends is an easy solution, but I guess you don't think so?

Could just be waiting until the 21st/22nd to give them to pros. 

I hope the answer is that simple. Totally could be.

Also what the hell, how are you gonna go 3/4 Philadelphia and then be a Devils fan?   :kappa:

343 claims Halo 5 is trying to get the competitive people back. Yet completely gives zero shits about the competitive people. Quite ironic. They just want our money since we make up the majority of Halo population.

I'm not really sure I agree with that at all.

The two biggest reason people have left Halo are broken mechanics and lack of a good ranking system. I'm just ecstatic that we are finally getting ranked playlists back and on top of that maybe the best ranking system Halo has ever seen. I'm not totally against another social playlist such as a "team training" that others have mentioned. They could make it a 4v4 mix of slayer and objective gametypes. I just don't want 343 to look at this as "hey, they'd rather have social so let's switch a bunch of the ranked playlists to social". I think using a second account to play with lower skilled friends is an easy solution, but I guess you don't think so?

This game has a heavy emphasis on REQ items and having to split them is annoying. You could finally get that sweet legendary helmet but too bad it's on your alternate account. It's not a solution at all. The simple fact is that not every playlist should be ranked. Point blank. You need a balance.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 claims Halo 5 is trying to get the competitive people back. Yet completely gives zero shits about the competitive people. Quite ironic. They just want our money since we make up the majority of Halo population.

I mean with them shoveling out a million dollar tourney + crowd funding i cant agree that they give zero shits about us. In fact i'd say as developers they're more invested into their competitive community than any other console game developer. Hell, they even hired a few of us. 

343's made quite the jaw dropping turn, it's fair to say they want Halo to make a splash again this time and make it count, given THE Collection last year and all that so...

EDIT: To clarify with the word-play, it's quite a turn given last years disaster. I just hope it rolls out smoothly on launch. I'm cautious either way so don't take this as me being soft.

I'm just incredibly cynical and salty.

But what makes you say they give 0 shits about the competitive community? Aside from a lack of early release copies I'm just curious. 

This game has a heavy emphasis on REQ items and having to split them is annoying. You could finally get that sweet legendary helmet but too bad it's on your alternate account. It's not a solution at all. The simple fact is that not every playlist should be ranked. Point blank. You need a balance.

But if you're mostly playing on your main account, what are the odds that you would unlock something on an account that you rarely play on that you haven't already unlocked on your main? I haven't followed the REQ system much as I really have zero interest in Warzone.

But what makes you say they give 0 shits about the competitive community? Aside from a lack of early release copies I'm just curious.

Also I might be slightly drunk so don't take my wordings as 100%.

343 gives no shits about Competitive people yet went out of their way to hire a testing team made entirely out of Competitive players and even refers to them as "pro team". Not to mention created the HCS, announced a $1million tournament, built a Competitive ranking system into the game that has a tier for the best of the best, and dedicated an entire section of the game to 4v4 equal starts multiplayer. BUT they didn't give pros early copies, so they obviously don't care about them.

Pro's are receiving copies on Thursday, if I am correct in inferring from 343 Tweets.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But if you're mostly playing on your main account, what are the odds that you would unlock something on an account that you rarely play on that you haven't already unlocked on your main? I haven't followed the REQ system much as I really have zero interest in Warzone.

There's always a possibility especially since there are so many pieces of armor. And over time you'll rack up more time on your alt and could get some really good things that you haven't gotten on your main. I think it's just more problematic to not have any social playlist. Literally just one would be fine for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for a good ranking system, I just think thy should still give at least one way to play arena socially.

I wonder if it will be physically possible for me to beat 1-4 campaigns on Legendary for helioskrill before Monday night? :o

It is redline-power-rush-hour-160579.jpg

Drank one of these before work the other day for the first time. Didn't find out til after that it was 2 servings. Liquid cocaine i tell you.

Pro's are receiving copies on Thursday, if I am correct in inferring from 343 Tweets.

That's really good to hear. I thought that might be what was going on, I just hadn't heard anything at all about anyone getting copies.

I wonder if it will be physically possible for me to beat 1-4 campaigns on Legendary for helioskrill before Monday night? :o

1 game per night. Shouldnt be too bad.

Watch some speedruns to learn how to get through the tough parts and sometimes even skip entire sections of levels.

You can beat entire levels in minutes as well. Just do a little research before playing. :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

It is redline-power-rush-hour-160579.jpg

Drank one of these before work the other day for the first time. Didn't find out til after that it was 2 servings. Liquid cocaine i tell you.

This stuff can floor you pretty hard. Or is it just the pill supplement that tears you up?

Someone I knew back in school said his heart raced after one of these.

EDIT:  I cannot type right now for some reason.