CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You didn't say "the 4". You're falling behind on your game, Grim.

I don't always say it, it's in my sig so I only say it at opportune times.

Based on various forums, comment threads etc I have read.... There are a TON of delusional players that believe because they made it to "Pro" in the beta that they will be placed in Onyx/Champion after their first 10 matches in H5.

I didn't realize anyone took that beta ranking serious? I was semi-pro in the beta and I am fully aware that I am shit tier even if the game tried to inflate my ego.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Based on various forums, comment threads etc I have read.... There are a TON of delusional players that believe because they made it to "Pro" in the beta that they will be placed in Onyx/Champion after their first 10 matches in H5.

I didn't realize anyone took that beta ranking serious? I was semi-pro in the beta and I am fully aware that I am shit tier even if the game tried to inflate my ego.

I am pro you cannot tell me otherwise. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I got pro in beta too but that's because pro wasn't limited to the top 200 players then iirc. It's going to be REALLY difficult to get champion

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still need to get that Legend achievement for the Helioskrill armor. :goat:

Or just buy a shitload of gold packs and support the HCS :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

speaking of the ORD, whatever happened to TheTrueHaloMaster? Dude was top tier in life

i still think he's an alt of Yoseph lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hi I'm very intrested in joining!

I've been lurking around the community for a while and playing since 04 in active major clans like GTY back in the day and semi-professionally online/MLG in h2.

Add me if a spot opens up please. GT: i cut u up

Not everyone wants competitive matches all the time though. One needs to look no further than the massive success of COD and social playlists in past Halo games to see this. Playing a tight competitive match where everyone is roughly the same skill wise is great. Some times and for some people. Other people and other times it's more enjoyable to play with nothing really on the line with a mixed bag of players(some better than you, some worse than you.)

Designing the arena section of the game to ONLY cater to competitive players and forcing everyone else into warzone IS going to blow up in 343's face.

But Halo is a competitive game. Since it is that, I'd much rather play with and against others within my skill range. Ranked offers that far more often than social. I see COD's success more as Halo's failure. I believe that if Bungie had released a proper Halo game in 2009(2 years after H3), then Halo's success would have kept going. Now if you want to say that COD is successful because it's social, well look at Halo Reach and Halo 4, all social, and both of which have failed miserably in comparison to Halo 2 and 3.

Arena will cater to everyone. It's just that the kids without thumbs will be matching other kids without thumbs instead of getting obliterated by guys like us. Sure, stomping noobs can be fun sometimes, as are the rage messages afterwards, but I'll take a competitive matchup over that anytime.

Nobody is forcing anyone into Warzone, but if people want a casual/social playlist, then that playlist sounds perfect. Not sure why anyone would complain because Warzone is as casual as you get. Also there is the social weekend playlist too.

speaking of the ORD, whatever happened to TheTrueHaloMaster? Dude was top tier in life

Oh dear God. I never knew I missed his novels until now.
  • Upvote (+1) 2