CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A heads up, as I know a lot of you guys are hyped for Halo 5s music.

Just remember The 4s soundtrack came out before the game did, and so many people LOVED it. It had some elements of classic Halo music, contained absolutely BEAUTIFUL melodies, and just sounded absolutely epic.

Then the game came out and the music was implemented.. ..differently.. with some cutscenes featuring no music at all (a big change from classic Halo), just dialogue.

I could foresee that happening with Halo 5.

Why do you have to remind me of one of the worst decisions regarding halo 4? hurt then, hurts now.

In a market offering a service or product that is unique and differentiates itself from its competitors is key for its success.

Southern accents are sexy, as long as its understandable (as in it doesn't require subtitles to understand) you should be perfectly fine.

Oh I'm understandable (or I assume I am) my biggest issue was shitty computer and internet.

THIS IS A NO SPOILERS THREAD, FUCKING THANKS NOW THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED

you try so hard to stay clean but some kids just feel the need to ruin it for everyone

Just remember The 4s soundtrack came out before the game did, and so many people LOVED it. It had some elements of classic Halo music, contained absolutely BEAUTIFUL melodies, and just sounded absolutely epic.

Then the game came out and the music was implemented.. ..differently.. with some cutscenes featuring no music at all (a big change from classic Halo), just dialogue.

Oh the Halo 4 OST was in the campaign? TIL

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the OP. And if the OP isn't clear enough my posts on page 7 should have cleared it up.

In a nutshell: less ranked = more importance on those that are ranked, which is valuable to the game and it's players for many reasons. 4v4 is the most popular format, so logically that would be the one chosen if we were to limit to one.

Disclaimers: No one is saying any other formats aren't competitive, no one is saying the non-ranked shouldn't have skill-based matching.

easy, right?

I really love those videos. Catchy lyrics and hot as fuck guys.

I mean, I guess they're good looking?

The biggest difference this time around is all of the work is being done in Seattle and not in the United Kingdom.

Neil Davidge's first Halo 4 track was made while he wasn't even in the US and he was constantly working on the entire soundtrack in the UK. He would be emailing 343 Industries and waiting for replies because of the time zones differences - at least if I'm remembering it correctly.

Kazuma has been close to 343's office for the past three years and likely played a huge part in the games story, similar to Marty with Bungie. 

Halo 4 as a whole felt rushed, unpolished, etc and the music in the campaign was a solid example of this. This time around, it should be a lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a lot of people are missing the point of the OP. And if the OP isn't clear enough my posts on page 7 should have cleared it up.

In a nutshell: less ranked = more importance on those that are ranked, which is valuable to the game and it's players for many reasons. 4v4 is the most popular format, so logically that would be the one chosen if we were to limit to one.

Disclaimers: No one is saying any other formats aren't competitive, no one is saying the non-ranked shouldn't have skill-based matching.

easy, right?

I think most people are in agreement. But from Josh's last post (I think that's josh anyway lol) apparently it's going to be all ranked, and if one person doesn't give a shit about X playlist that should be their social playlist, even though another person in that game might be using that playlist as their "main" playlist.

This is why I stand behind a unified ranked playlist, ONE, that incorporates all game modes and maps used at the professional level. I'm also fine with there being BTB and Ranked BTB as BTB is a completely different monster altogether. But for 4v4, we really just need one playlist and then social versions that we can use to practice our weak points or just take a break from the grind.

Edit: used the wrong form of "there" because apparently I'm not smarter than a 1st grader