CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah I get that. Removing ranks from a bunch of lists is one way to deal with the issue. The other is letting the players decide which play list to care about when it comes to CSR. Maybe that's Team Arena for one person and Team Slayer (or even Breakout!) for another. Preserve the list you care most about and play socially in the others. Or go full try hard and refuse to play social in any list unless using a secondary account (easy on XB1).

I think even just one social playlist could really help. Just a mix of slayer and obj that's unranked. It would take up only 1 spot but would allow the players to not sacrifice any of their ranks.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This guys sounds like Ben Stiller from Zoolander

I do agree with his video

A lot of these people are trying to sound like bdobbinsftw. Really annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I get that. Removing ranks from a bunch of lists is one way to deal with the issue. The other is letting the players decide which play list to care about when it comes to CSR. Maybe that's Team Arena for one person and Team Slayer (or even Breakout!) for another. Preserve the list you care most about and play socially in the others. Or go full try hard and refuse to play social in any list unless using a secondary account (easy on XB1).

The current issue is the ONLY casual playlist is Warzone.

What if I'm playing with a mate that isn't good, but doesn't enjoy large maps, AI and vehicles?

I think at the very least we just want a standard 4v4 or even 5v5 with rules similar to HCS, but unranked.

I don't believe playlists like SWAT deserve a rank TBH...

There's a reason there's no ranks for ARAM and Dominion in LoL. Yes, there's hidden MMR, but no one takes those gametypes seriously.

Your suggestion to play Breakout or something we don't care about isn't a very good one. We still want to play the Halo we know and love (shields, weapons on map, etc), we just want to do it in an environment where people aren't popping adderall before hitting the search button.

refuse to play social in any list unless using a secondary account (easy on XB1).

I don't like this idea either.

It means I have to have a separate friends list, separate REQ's, etc, etc. and eventually that account is going to rank up which means I'm creating new accounts over and over again.

I don't think cheating the system is a very good solution. It's just a band aid that doesn't fix the underlying problem.

EDIT - I fully realise it's not an easy issue to fix and I know the less skilled players are always going to get the shaft when it comes to teaming with their diamond buddies.

I think there needs to be a middle ground though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of these people are trying to sound like bdobbinsftw. Really annoying.

Exactly. Really, REALLY annoying. As in, I cringe and sigh in annoyance when I see these "imitations", which I use loosely. Be yourself. STOP trying to imitate someone else to "piggyback" off of their popularity based on their personality.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think even just one social playlist could really help. Just a mix of slayer and obj that's unranked. It would take up only 1 spot but would allow the players to not sacrifice any of their ranks.

Which would be nice for letting newer players get used to the game-not just Halo 5, but Halo in general, and warm up before going into rank. Of course there are always customs to do this. 

I'm still curious about party restrictions however-not sure if this has been answered. It will be a bummer to know if I'm going to be matching t04 when searching alone-as we saw in the beta.

Which would be nice for letting newer players get used to the game-not just Halo 5, but Halo in general, and warm up before going into rank. Of course there are always customs to do this. 

I'm still curious about party restrictions however-not sure if this has been answered. It will be a bummer to know if I'm going to be matching t04 when searching alone-as we saw in the beta.

I would imagine you'll only be matched against a To4 if there's no other games it can match you with.

Surely they've taken this into account.

Josh, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm genuinely curious if you read my OP... thanks for stopping by to post in this thread regardless.

In regards to the red text, if you read part 2 of my post, a lot of people agree that having all these different ranks associated with multiple playlists completely takes away from the competitive theme of having ranks in the first place. Having people who are Diamond in Team Arena, and Diamond in Breakout makes the image of a Diamond player mean nothing at all.

Thanks again for commenting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Go on..

AND I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT HOW SPRINT IS DESTROYING THE HALO FRANCHISE GUYS BUT I STILL PREORDERED THE COLLECTORS EDITION GUYS AND GUYS MY GRANDMA MADE SOME REALLY GOOD BROWNIES THIS MORNING GUYS

• Upvote (+1) 5

Exactly. Really, REALLY annoying. As in, I cringe and sigh in annoyance when I see these "imitations", which I use loosely. Be yourself. STOP trying to imitate someone else to "piggyback" off of their popularity based on their personality.

And you've described why I cannot watch most lets plays with commentary...

HEY WHATS UP GUYS ITS YA BOY XCLICKED COMING AT CHU WITH ANOTHER GAMEPLAY COMMENTARY  :kappa:

AXBDXAn.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bdobbins is probably my most hated modern Youtuber. Nothing he says has any factual evidence at all and it's basically a guy ranting for 2 hours. Why people copy him I'll never know.

Being a bit serious tho... can't wait for the Beyond Content.  :halo:

Made 80+ videos since rebooting the channel back in May.

"I think we're just getting started.."  :halo:

Bdobbins is probably my most hated modern Youtuber. Nothing he says has any factual evidence at all and it's basically a guy ranting for 2 hours. Why people copy him I'll never know.

I hate his sensational titles but he actually makes decent points. He's a broken record now so I've stopped listening to his commentaries, but he usually makes good points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

AND I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT HOW SPRINT IS DESTROYING THE HALO FRANCHISE GUYS BUT I STILL PREORDERED THE COLLECTORS EDITION GUYS AND GUYS MY GRANDMA MADE SOME REALLY GOOD BROWNIES THIS MORNING GUYS

Bruh, what kind of brownies? Were they the OG kind or that new flashy kind with peanuts, fudge frosting, M&M's that are totally destroying my nostlogic memories of my grandmas?

I didn't even know who that was until you guys brought it up... just looked him up though and I think I just felt some brain cells commit suicide...

I hate his sensational titles but he actually makes decent points. He's a broken record now so I've stopped listening to his commentaries, but he usually makes good points.

The main problem is that his points are just opinions he has that he states as facts. Even if his points are great, he presents them as if it is a true statement when it isn't. Sure it makes you think sometimes and if he would just say "I believe" instead of "It is" I would probably like him more. But his whole thing is just angry rants with a lot of bold claims.

I didn't even know who that was until you guys brought it up... just looked him up though and I think I just felt some brain cells commit suicide...

He's a nightmare. His followers are even worse.

And you've described why I cannot watch most lets plays with commentary...

Yeah, it's bad in this day and age. If I see an LP going on, I'll bet you @killmachine9T1's booty I could find the original personality the LP'er's attempting to replicate out of a want for easy popularity or the like. It just bothers me.

Sums up how I feel about YouTube. Very few people I can tolerate. Fast forward to 1:45 if you don't feel like watching the whole thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Isn't that what CSR is for? If you're new to the game, you'll get bronze and only play against bronze players. Unless you're with a friend who's carrying you, but then other players should have the right to know you're a diamond 3 or whatever. It also gives the player going in with their friends incentive to try, because if you lose to players in lower teirs your CSR will plummet.

I can see where the catch 22 comes in, but with 3 playlists, you can really only be top tiers in one unless you have enough time to commit to all 3, essentially making one of them a social list. However, you have to have those playlists because some people just prefer them over the "one to rule them all" playlist. I know some guys who treat swat as serious as I do HCS. I always go in with the mentality that my rank doesn't define my skill as a player, and I'll earn what I deserve in the end. I'm not going to stress if I'm Onyx and my Gold friends want to play with me, because at the end of the day Im going to compete in HCS tournaments if I want to prove I'm truly the best otherwise it really is all "just for fun". That's just my opinion anyway.

Yeah, it's bad in this day and age. If I see an LP going on, I'll bet you @killmachine9T1's booty I could find the original personality the LP'er's attempting to replicate out of a want for easy popularity or the like. It just bothers me.

Why would you bet that also I get what you mean, every commentator is trying to adopt the douchebro, "factual" approach to commentaries anf I'm sick of it. I'd've made commentaries earlier if they weren't basically infecting the entire medium.