CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

subjective.

AAAAAAAAAND I'm done.

Why does everyone on this forum eventually resort to calling everything "subjective" or "just your opinion" when they go over 6 posts in a discussion?

• Upvote (+1) 3

AAAAAAAAAND I'm done.

Why does everyone on this forum eventually resort to calling everything "subjective" or "just your opinion" when they go over 6 posts in a discussion?

Because it's an easy way to end an argument. If you are both arguing about something that is solely based on opinions you can say it's subjective and move on. Otherwise you'll be arguing for a long time and nothing will get accomplished.

Scrub question but how do I know if I have Halo 5 pre-loaded? How many gigs should it be?

Should take awhile to download, not sure if the amount matters because my Fallout 4 pre-order downloded in 10 seconds with 20+ gbs.

Scrub question but how do I know if I have Halo 5 pre-loaded? How many gigs should it be?

I think it is 56 gigs. Some places claim to make sure to have 60 gigs free when you purchase it from them.

45-46.2 GB (for some reason it changes depending on what location you choose on your console)

Patch will be out in a few days hopefully, making it 55 GB

Isn't it well established that the Halo lore was subject to copious revision? It seems not worth the headache to argue their solidarity. Hell we were given different answers (couple of which were misinterpreted) regarding Chief's Mark VI...

Anyways at least the Mark IV issue can be put to rest thanks to #Customization.

Should take awhile to download, not sure if the amount matters because my Fallout 4 pre-order downloded in 10 seconds with 20+ gbs.

I don't think that's the true "pre-load", just a placeholder file. Happened with Halo 5, too.

I don't think that's the true "pre-load", just a placeholder file. Happened with Halo 5, too.

It is the actual Halo 5. Halo 5's preload went public a couple days ago, with the 9 gig patch going live on the 22nd.

It is the actual Halo 5. Halo 5's preload went public a couple days ago, with the 9 gig patch going live on the 22nd.

But before that, only a 100MB placeholder file was downloaded in place of the actual game, before the preload went live. Fallout 4 isn't available to preload yet afaik

I meant for Fallout 4 in Cyren's case.

Oh, sorry. My bad. I thought the conversation was still on the Halo 5 preload.

Yea, that's what I mean, Watch out for those fake pre-load placeholders.

AAAAAAAAAND I'm done.

You THINK it should be whatever story makes the most "sense" supersedes everything else, including the original author(s) own work (LOL).

In reality, canon refers to whatever the original author(s) produce, unless noted otherwise. Nothing ever takes precedence over the ORIGINAL AUTHOR(S) work in regards to their own universe they created. 

it's as simple as that. This is fact.

H4 and H5 aren't by the original author(s). Fact. Their stories are just alternate timelines that branch out to their own. Thus they're noncanon. 

• Downvote (-1) 10

Because it's an easy way to end an argument. If you are both arguing about something that is solely based on opinions you can say it's subjective and move on. Otherwise you'll be arguing for a long time and nothing will get accomplished.

what beast said, which is weird considering me and him have literally done that in the past lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

In reality, canon refers to whatever the original author(s) produce, unless noted otherwise. Nothing ever takes precedence over the ORIGINAL AUTHOR(S) work in regards to their own universe they created. 

To an extent this is true. At the same time, there are plenty of fictional works that have had multiple authors contributing to the canon without the consent of the original creator.

What ends up as canon in any particular universe varies quite widely depending on the circumstances.

You THINK it should be whatever story makes the most "sense" supersedes everything else, including the original author(s) own work (LOL).

it's as simple as that. This is fact.

H4 and H5 aren't by the original author(s). Fact. Their stories are just alternate timelines that branch out to their own. Thus they're noncanon.

You do know Joe Staten wrote/is writing a new Halo book, right?

what beast said, which is weird considering me and him have literally done that in the past lol

Hahaha yea this is true. So we know first-hand how ridiculous it can get.

This thread is dead af. #RIP :prayers:

Guess this means we should all just blow up IcePrincess' inbox with love letters then, huh?  :kappa:

Oh I guess that makes sense. You know. 

Oh except for the fact Halo 4 PICKED UP RIGHT AFTER HALO 3 WITH CHIEF IN THE CRIO TUBE! #LOGICCCCC

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guess this means we should all just blow up IcePrincess' inbox with love letters then, huh?  :kappa:

I'm waiting for it.

That poor girl.

• Upvote (+1) 2