CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone have any idea how the "top 200" for each playlist is going to work when it comes to "fair servers" as Halo is by far American based, so the majority of those top 200 slots are going to be held by US players and isn't the only way to progress from spot 200 onwards to beat players 1-199?

I don't see how it can be a fair system in that case unless I'm missed something.

Yeah I think it's just going to be tough for people outside the US to be honest.

I just have to figure how to get xbox windows saved clips up real quick

What the fk does that even mean? You run the friggin' game, record it on Dxtory/Fraps/Bandicam, edit it with Sony Vegas/VirtualDub and upload it to Youtube.

What the fk does that even mean? You run the friggin' game, record it on Dxtory/Fraps/Bandicam, edit it with Sony Vegas/VirtualDub and upload it to Youtube.

The windows 10 Xbox App you ignoramus

it lets you record up to 2 hrs in 1080p and edit clip size

• Downvote (-1) 1

pro footage exists, but they won't release it yet because pro gameplay doesn't look much different than regular-level/default gameplay.

have you seen pro footage?

ToxinsNeighbor

The only true canon is the sacred text that is the Bungie Stats printouts ToxinsNeighbor carried around in middle school.

...that's nice, but if this is the only thing that separated mason and gh057 from everyone else in the beta...

Uhhhhh...is everyone else pro? lol

I'm really curious about this to be honest, if they leave their jobs to pursuit this or they complete their contracts, can they even compete? Would be a pretty insane leg up.

Who said they have to leave their jobs? Do the HWC rules say "no employees?"

It's right there in their name "The 343 Pro Team."

Who said they have to leave their jobs? Do the HWC rules say "no employees?"

It's right there in their name "The 343 Pro Team."

I would assume something in the wording would include no MS employees.

edit - hcs handbook

18c7dd35475ee02eeec1962b5f3b2c4c.png

RIP @@GoldenboyFTW chances of going pro.

• Upvote (+1) 4

HIs wording is weird, I would assume he meant recording his clips using the Win10 Xbox App, export and edit 

The windows 10 Xbox App you ignoramus

it lets you record up to 2 hrs in 1080p and edit clip size

I honestly recommend you to check out Dxtory with Lagarith codec. It lets you record losslessly without taking up much space and demanding too much resources, while using Sony Vegas Pro to edit them with proper rendering settings for Youtube. It has all those "record the previous 30 seconds" and other gimmicks that Game DVR has, but without any of its limitations. Protip: use qBittorrent and TPB.

Anyway, good luck with that.

HIs wording is weird, I would assume he meant recording his clips using the Win10 Xbox App, export and edit 

Felt like a cryptographer for a moment.

Using the ground pound stall to make a jump that wouldn't normally be possible such as bottom middle on Truth to top base.

That's nothing new, we've seen that.

@@The Sexorcist

So if Bungie came back and hired Nylund to write you would be OK with MC being 100ft tall then? So long as they said it?

No. "Who writes it best" is a good rule of thumb.

UmK3p78.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@The Sexorcist

So if Bungie came back and hired Nylund to write you would be OK with MC being 100ft tall then? So long as they said it?

No. "Who writes it best" is a good rule of thumb.

That's how it works. Whatever the original authors say about their own universe/story they created, goes no matter what. 

"Who writes it best" is subjective.

Apparently the xbox app lets you see when people are playing h5 multiplayer test builds. Got a buddy of mine playing atm. Why isnt this game out already...

So we got a list of multiplayer medals, but there are no medals dealing with any objective gametypes. No CTF medals, no Assault medals, nothing. Will we be getting more as other playlists show up for objectives, later during the game's life, like, with the release of Forge? It kind of worries me that 343 didn't even think of objectives. Or perhaps, they just decided to work on objectives after they had slayer nailed down.

Does anyone have any idea how the "top 200" for each playlist is going to work when it comes to "fair servers" as Halo is by far American based, so the majority of those top 200 slots are going to be held by US players and isn't the only way to progress from spot 200 onwards to beat players 1-199?

I don't see how it can be a fair system in that case unless I'm missed something.

Top 200 is worldwide by playlist. Ranking-wise, there's nothing related to server location as far as I know. You don't really have to beat the players themselves either, just beat their CSR rating. It's more about winning consistently at that level than it is an elimination process (though it's very well possible to beat someone above your ranking and pass them by doing so).