CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I would join but uncomfortable using mic and I'd guarantee a few deaths on my end, holding it back.

Hope you get your Helioskrill!

Hopefully I get lucky enough with REQ packs. :prayers:

just stay back as a respawn anchor

I would join but uncomfortable using mic and I'd guarantee a few deaths on my end, holding it back.

Hope you get your Helioskrill!

Hopefully I get lucky enough with REQ packs. :prayers:

Trust me I am the same way. I have a new mic but I am uncomfortable to use itl.

Gotta wait till we leave this part since for some reason MCC is wierd like that.

I'll add you, my gamertag is reLIEgon, if you get to H4 just let me know. I'd much rather do it co op.

Trust me I am the same way. I have a new mic but I am uncomfortable to use itl.

There's some serious social anxiety on my end, which is my only reason. I also have a headset but I haven't even touched it, haha.

There's some serious social anxiety on my end, which is my only reason. I also have a headset but I haven't even touched it, haha.

Likewise on that. Know how you feel. I don't see an issue with you joining if you want, when you can, though. Deaths or not, it's more fun with friends. :P

Gonna have to quit the mission and add people. Cause you know. MCC

Whats your GT?

@@Cursed Lemon

You are correct. It's a concept called "head canon" and it refers to what a fanbase is willing to accept. So when Leia tells Luke that she remembers her birth mother in RotJ that scene alone invalidates the backstory given in the prequels.

A fan has a difficult time accepting new canon that ret-cons or ruins the story that came first, which is usually the story that formed the strong emotional connection to the fiction in the first place.

@@The Sexorcist

While GT is now considered officially non-canon due to DB Super, it was originally supposed to be canon. Toriyama signed off on them creating it. The reason fans never saw it that way is because it is a steaming pile of shit. Which lens support to Lemon's "who writes it best" theory.

My argument is any drastic departure from source material makes a new work non-canon. That applies to rules if the universe, details, and even tone. That's why I just cannot accept the SW prequels or Halo 4 and 5.

GT was never considered canon, Akira himself referred to it as "Grand Side Story" in GT's dragon box. Even though Toei has the rights to the Dragon Ball franchise, their plots are not in the original/main/real universe of Akira, because he said so. Not only that, it's not like Akira gave away all his rights to create Dragon Ball, he simply now shares it with them. Whatever Toei creates needs approval from Akira.

Bungie gave Eric a canvas with an outline, and Eric brilliantly filled it in with colors and shades. Both are creators of Halo's story, which makes them both original authors of Halo.

Even though Bungie gave 343 rights to the Halo franchise, their work will never supercede the original Halos' stories. 

Headcanon and official/objective canon are 2 different things btw.

Again, if some work comes out revealing Master Chief to be 100 feet tall, and it conflicts with the original master chief, you can't go around saying MC is now 100 feet tall. Whatever the original authors wrote takes precedence over everything, always.

And Halo 4 & 5 were not by the original authors, even though they may have the rights to create more Halo plot lines. 

"yah but you said who ever has rights to a franchise can dictate the canon of works"

i did, but this is in the case of the OG author(s) dying/permanently retiring. If he's alive and still has rights, whatever he spawns is canon and supersedes everything else unless noted otherwise by him/her. 

I smoked pot for from 16-23 everyday all day, it gave me a tad bit of social anxiety after long term use lol now I just smoke once a week, it's gone. Or just smoke indica

Likewise on that. Know how you feel. I don't see an issue with you joining if you want, when you can, though. Deaths or not, it's more fun with friends. :P

Ah, cool. That works then. I may be able to join at some point pretty soon, if that's okay. I'm not aiming for Helioskrill myself but wouldn't mind helping out either way, even if you're already halfway through the campaign or something.

Gonna have to quit the mission and add people. Cause you know. MCC

Whats your GT?

Yup, I know how that goes.

My GT is TranzTeK. I won't be able to join from beginning to end, but I'll probably be on sometime within the next hour, if that's alright with you two.

Ah, cool. That works then. I may be able to join at some point pretty soon, if that's okay. I'm not aiming for Helioskrill myself but wouldn't mind helping out either way, even if you're already halfway through the campaign or something.

Yup, I know how that goes.

My GT is TranzTeK. I won't be able to join from beginning to end, but I'll probably be in sometime within the next hour, if that's alright with you two.

Thats fine. Just say when you are able and we will invite you. Probably after the level.

Bungie gave all rights of Halo to Microsoft. And 343 is basically Microsoft. So there you go.

Were it so simple.

They are still not the original authors though. So their works just creates a separate universe/timeline apart from the real one. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm really curious as to who is in charge of media copies and why their standards are really low for some

b0b9e910f291c02e856e5309517c8da4.png

njDOTQD.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

lmfao

He literally just said (if we interpret it as a non-bullshit answer) "I don't want people getting the leg up on me in HWC"

I'm really curious about this to be honest, if they leave their jobs to pursuit this or they complete their contracts, can they even compete? Would be a pretty insane leg up.

pro footage exists, but they won't release it yet because pro gameplay doesn't look much different than regular-level/default gameplay.

False, I watched a bit of Neighbor and Ghost during the Beta and they were doing some pretty creative stuff, granted they have been playing for year(s).

• Upvote (+1) 5

speaking of pro footage, guess who just recorded some Halo Online no AA/BM on gamepad gameplay?

Awww yisssss

I just have to figure how to get xbox windows saved clips up real quick

I'm really curious about this to be honest, if they leave their jobs to pursuit this or they complete their contracts, can they even compete? Would be a pretty insane leg up.

False, I watched a bit of Neighbor and Ghost during the Beta and they were doing some pretty creative stuff, granted they have been playing for year(s).

like what?

like what?

Using the ground pound stall to make a jump that wouldn't normally be possible such as bottom middle on Truth to top base.

lmfao

He literally just said (if we interpret it as a non-bullshit answer) "I don't want people getting the leg up on me in HWC"

Has Neighbor read the books tho yhCQl9Z.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Using the ground pound stall to make a jump that wouldn't normally be possible such as bottom middle on Truth to top base.

...that's nice, but if this is the only thing that separated mason and gh057 from everyone else in the beta... 

Does anyone have any idea how the "top 200" for each playlist is going to work when it comes to "fair servers" as Halo is by far American based, so the majority of those top 200 slots are going to be held by US players and isn't the only way to progress from spot 200 onwards to beat players 1-199?

I don't see how it can be a fair system in that case unless I'm missed something.

• Upvote (+1) 1