CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

GUESS WHAT HALO GAME I'M PLAYING??? TIL I'M A GRILL BTW ;) ;)

AMA

Thank goodness, a grill!

Come over, I need to make some burgers.

My old grill broke.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reminder - don't post spoilers outside of the Halo 5 Campaign and leaks topic. You will be banned.

Don't quote said spoilers either.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Reminder - don't post spoilers outside of the Halo 5 Campaign and leaks topic. You will be banned.

Don't quote said spoilers either.

Come on man, everyone already knows Chief is Locke's father

Neighbor popped into the chat on Walshy's charity stream and I asked him why 343 hasn't been showing more Pro Team gameplay, especially the gameplay Josh has said will be coming out. Mason said "there will be gameplay in the near future, personally thought if we were to show off a lot of the gameplay it would expose the high level metas that we have come to learn over the last few years which to me, its always nice to see the game evolve naturally in the comp scene instead of players learning day one how to do a setup comparable to the green room lockout ball strat which wasn't invented till the later years of h2."

Nonsense.

Magic the Gathering has a "future future league" that supposedly is trying to find the deep meta in unreleased sets and change cards before they ruin things and have to be banned.

But then they still get surprised by what the players end up doing and have to ban shit anyway.

The meta that they think they've found might be pretty good but it was developed in a very sheltered environment - regardless of the skill level of the pro team involved.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nonsense.

Magic the Gathering has a "future future league" that supposedly is trying to find the deep meta in unreleased sets and change cards before they ruin things and have to be banned.

But then they still get surprised by what the players end up doing and have to ban shit anyway.

The meta that they think they've found might be pretty good but it was developed in a very sheltered environment - regardless of the skill level of the pro team involved.

I agree. The green room ball strat took years of high level tournament play against several different teams before it really became part of the meta. They're afraid a few minutes of Pro Team gameplay could spoil the legwork behind the evolution of the game's competitive meta? That's either BS or speaks poorly to the ceiling of the meta.

Moreover, I don't think people necessarily want "strategy" videos; we just want to watch someone who can shoot worth a damn against someone else who can shoot worth a damn. Is that so much to ask?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 nor Halo 5 aren't even canon.

It's fanfiction essentially, who cares if it gets spoiled

It would be like getting upset if someone spoiled Dragon Ball AF or some other fanfiction works based on Dragon Ball.

Story not made by the original author(s) = no story at all.

Dude..we do not care.

90% of the halo community doesn't read the books and could care less what the "authentic" story is, our story comes solely through the game.

We are not all raging nerds. You have to realize that most of us on here play halo for multiplayer..while still enjoying the campaign, but we are not "lore buffs"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Okay, that establishes that Bungie and Eric are the "original authors"

Has Eric worked on Halo 4 or Halo 5?

Bungie gave all rights of Halo to Microsoft. And 343 is basically Microsoft. So there you go.

Neighbor popped into the chat on Walshy's charity stream and I asked him why 343 hasn't been showing more Pro Team gameplay, especially the gameplay Josh has said will be coming out. Mason said "there will be gameplay in the near future, personally thought if we were to show off a lot of the gameplay it would expose the high level metas that we have come to learn over the last few years which to me, its always nice to see the game evolve naturally in the comp scene instead of players learning day one how to do a setup comparable to the green room lockout ball strat which wasn't invented till the later years of h2."

That's just them shoving the big PR stick down your throat. 

Anyone wanna do a MCC run to get my Helioskrill? I want to be an Elite in spirit.

I'm down, Ive beat h1/2/3 on legendary. Have yet to start h4

So anyone else want to join? Got Ice. Starting on H3

wish I'd waited, just finished H3 yesterday. DEF not as bad as finishing gravemind solo legendary tho! I wanted to drop kick my monitor. Does anyone know if there are separate rewards for completing the campaigns on solo legendary? I've finished 1-3 on solo legendary, I would think they'd give something extra for solo 1-4..maybe that's just me.

I would join but uncomfortable using mic and I'd guarantee a few deaths on my end, holding it back.

Hope you get your Helioskrill!

Hopefully I get lucky enough with REQ packs. :prayers:

wish I'd waited, just finished H3 yesterday. DEF not as bad as finishing gravemind solo legendary tho! I wanted to drop kick my monitor. Does anyone know if there are separate rewards for completing the campaigns on solo legendary? I've finished 1-3 on solo legendary, I would think they'd give something extra for solo 1-4..maybe that's just me.

Gotta wait till we leave this part since for some reason MCC is wierd like that.