CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Cursed Lemon

You are correct. It's a concept called "head canon" and it refers to what a fanbase is willing to accept. So when Leia tells Luke that she remembers her birth mother in RotJ that scene alone invalidates the backstory given in the prequels.

A fan has a difficult time accepting new canon that ret-cons or ruins the story that came first, which is usually the story that formed the strong emotional connection to the fiction in the first place.

@@The Sexorcist

While GT is now considered officially non-canon due to DB Super, it was originally supposed to be canon. Toriyama signed off on them creating it. The reason fans never saw it that way is because it is a steaming pile of shit. Which lens support to Lemon's "who writes it best" theory.

My argument is any drastic departure from source material makes a new work non-canon. That applies to rules if the universe, details, and even tone. That's why I just cannot accept the SW prequels or Halo 4 and 5.

Lack of  :intel:, bro. On the flip side, only 10 days until the release of Guardians.

I wonder what Cortana did all those years in isolation to keep herself from wreaking havoc on the internet.

I hope this game crashes and burns now.

OOOoooOOOooo Tatoooba... Let's not get irrational k?

Ranks will work. Who knows if the system is bugged, but they should work...

They worked in a beta 8 months off launch. I don't see why they won't work on launch. 

True.  I found that i would play against people way different from what my rank was though. Not sure if that was a population thing or where I live. 

So Empire Strikes Back isn't Star Wars since it wasn't directed or written by Lucas? Lool

Lucas wrote the narrative, as well as some dialogue, others wrote the screenplay though.

True.  I found that i would play against people way different from what my rank was though. Not sure if that was a population thing or where I live. 

They widen the search parameters for the beta so we got more games to test out the game more. 

So I was Gold and matched up with Semi Pro

They worked in a beta 8 months off launch. I don't see why they won't work on launch.

But going off the track record it's safer to assume they won't work.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm PRETTY sure they fixed it, as I remember there being an issue in rank gaps, during the beta, alongside issues with ranking up in it.

But going off the track record it's safer to assume they won't work.

Ehhhh, I prefer to lean towards a positive side of things. I don't get my hopes up uber high, but from what I've seen, I have no real reason to believe they won't work. 

So lets say that Halo 5 is great and keeps the population. What will we name the period of when halo was dead from 2011/12-2015? 

The  :weback: period.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

So lets say that Halo 5 is great and keeps the population. What will we name the period of when halo was dead from 2011/12-2015?

the dark times.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I miss reading posts made by @@chaosTheory instead of this canon nonsense.

What ever happened to that guy? Did he just move on? I miss him :(

The dark ages?