CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Feel free to spoil about custom games and theater though.

Both of them aren't even playable because MP isn't out until the 22nd.

Halo 4 nor Halo 5 aren't even canon.

Story not made by the original author(s) = no story at all. 

By that logic, Halos 1-Reach aren't canon, as they weren't written by the OG writer, Eric Nylund, who wrote the Halo: FoR novel that came BEFORE Combat Evolved.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's fanfiction essentially, who cares if it gets spoiled.

It would be like getting upset if someone spoiled Dragon Ball AF or some other fanfiction works based on Dragon Ball.

So Empire Strikes Back isn't Star Wars since it wasn't directed or written by Lucas? Lool

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's fanfiction essentially, who cares if it gets spoiled.

It would be like getting upset if someone spoiled Dragon Ball AF or some other fanfiction works based on Dragon Ball.

Not how it works but ok

Does anybody know an online retailer that could deliver the Elite controller day 1? Or should I try my luck with Gamestop?

Amazon guarantees delivery on the 27th.

By that logic, Halos 1-Reach aren't canon, as they weren't written by the OG writer, Eric Nylund, who wrote the Halo: FoR novel that came BEFORE Combat Evolved.

Problem is that Fall of Reach and Halo Reach should be the same thing from different point of view. They are not.

Does anyone know if your service record will indicate which date you first completed the campaign on and which difficulty? Also, will there be a legacy section showing stats from previous Halos, much like Reach did?

Problem is that Fall of Reach and Halo Reach should be the same thing from different point of view. They are not.

I know, Halo: Reach was not the same, canon wise, I wasn't arguing that; just saying, OG Eric didn't write it. (I don't consider the game canon anyway, no matter what anyone says. Was that bad. XP)

"Canon" goes to whoever writes it the best, IMHOtep.

A good writer should always find a way to count everything in. To do otherwise is just lazy imho.

So Star Wars episode 7 isn't canon because Lusac didn't write it?

That's some shitty logic

Did the OG author create the plot/story?

I know, Halo: Reach was not the same, canon wise, I wasn't arguing that; just saying, OG Eric didn't write it. (I don't consider the game canon anyway, no matter what anyone says. Was that bad. XP)

Quality has nothing to do with it. OG Eric didn't create the story, it's not canon period. 

Not how it works but ok

Exactly how it works.

So Empire Strikes Back isn't Star Wars since it wasn't directed or written by Lucas? Lool

Was it written by the original author in any way shape or form?

So be it.

Halo CE through Reach are a different canon/universe then. They are a different universe/canon than the OG story by Eric Nylund. Nothing wrong with that. 

And Halo 4 and Halo 5 are a different time line branch/universe from that universe/canon (console halo stories). 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Halo CE through Reach are a different canon/universe then. They are a different universe/canon than the OG story by Eric Nylund. Nothing wrong with that. 

And Halo 4 and Halo 5 are a different time line branch/universe from that universe/canon (console halo stories).

Yeah... Keep thinking that. I know arguing's gonna go nowhere, so I'm stopping here. yhCQl9Z.png

So be it.

More like the same universe with plot holes and weird twists caused by lazyness and shift to different developer.

People who didn't like halo 5 are now pre ordering? I remember getting down voted to Australia the last time I made that prediction....

Welcome to the hype train.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Canon" goes to whoever writes it the best, IMHOtep.

That's a ridiculous standard.

If the original author of something dies, and gives all the rights to another certain storywriter he respects and/or that gave him ideas for story back in the day, whatever that storywriter's comes up with, no matter what quality or how insane, that is now part of the story/universe/franchise. 

if another storywriter that has no rights fan-writes stuff for that story unofficially, no matter how good it is, it is not canon no matter what.

If you're doing a college essay on a certain story and you cite this other author's fan works as canon, you'll probably fail. 

Did the OG author create the plot/story?

Quality has nothing to do with it. OG Eric didn't create the story, it's not canon period.

Exactly how it works.

Was it written by the original author in any way shape or form?

So be it.

Speaking about being downvoted to Australia. This person needs to be.

More like the same universe with plot holes and weird twists caused by lazyness and shift to different developer.

It's not the same universe though. The story starts and ends with OG Eric's story.

Yeah... Keep thinking that. I know arguing's gonna go nowhere, so I'm stopp

it's wise to not argue against facts. **pats head**

• Downvote (-1) 9

That's a ridiculous standard.

If the original author of something dies, and gives all the rights to another certain storywriter he respects and/or that gave him ideas for story back in the day, whatever that storywriter's comes up with, no matter what quality or how insane, that is now part of the story/universe/franchise.

That's a shit-ton of moving goalposts just to say that Halo 4 and Halo 5 aren't canon.

Face it, your argument sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Whats with the douchebags in this thread lately that just keep arguing dumb things ALL day long? This sexorcist guy today and this Ninja kid yesterday. God damn will you guys relax, NOBODY cares lol

• Upvote (+1) 5