CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There is literally no way that sprint, thruster, slide, ground pound, the SMG, etc will work with H3 level killtimes.

If this stuff is going to have a chance in hell of being balanced the utility rifles need an ideal killtime of 1-1.2s at max.

It's possible that 4v4 may not be their focus anyway which would mean 8v8/16v16, if that's the case it may end up being more balanced than one would assume.

Breakout was not meant as a serious competitive Gametype, Breakout was 343i making a new Gametype as fast as possible, don't worry about it too much.

Halo 5 (with the exception of clamber) hasn't really done anything to make me freakout over, judging from everything I've seen so far it'll be way better than reach/4 and in time may be better than 3, I think people are looking too much at the way it looks and less so the way it'll play.

I really hope 343i doesn't do anything too crazy, nothing so far has really been a surprise so in my mind I keep thinking 343i will pull out a wild card and screw everything up, honestly give us 10 small maps, faster killtimes, and a solid SP and I'd be happy.

BR TTK is Halo 3's

What? Thought it looked faster - definitely something that needs changing, and needs adequate mention in the beta, besides all the "fuck 343, sprint sucks" comments.

Pretty sure it's faster than h3 br. Someone did the frames back during halofest. h5 DMR was the same as h4's DMR and h5's br was a little faster than that.

IIRC h4 dmr was roughly 1.4 so h5 DMR = ~1.4s and h5 BR = ~1.2-1.3s. Don't remember the exact numbers

Pretty sure it's faster than h3 br. Someone did the frames back during halofest. h5 DMR was the same as h4's DMR and h5's br was a little faster than that.

IIRC h4 dmr was roughly 1.4 so h5 DMR = ~1.4s and h5 BR = ~1.2-1.3s. Don't remember the exact numbers

H5 BR: 1.14

H5 DMR: 1.34

• Upvote (+1) 6

You know what else isn't going to save the game? Shit posts like this, that have no purpose. If you aren't capable of having a discussion, why exactly are you in this thread?

I'm not sure if this would prevent camping though. There's nothing stopping a team from waiting until the last minute.

If you want to do 1 life per round gametypes, then your game either needs to be designed around being slow paced, or you need some incentive to move. You could turn it into a 1 sided objective game with short timers each round to force the attacking team to play offensively. Something as simple as adding rockets that spawn 30 seconds into the round could force teams to move around more.

I'm not sure what gametypes have been confirmed so far, but lets say we have TS, CTF, KotH and Oddball: would Breakout realistically have a chance of being played? Even with objectives I think the gametype will just become a worse version of TS.

There isn't a discussion to be had about this game unless it's changed at a fundamental level, which it won't be.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's possible that 4v4 may not be their focus anyway which would mean 8v8/16v16, if that's the case it may end up being more balanced than one would assume.

Breakout was not meant as a serious competitive Gametype, Breakout was 343i making a new Gametype as fast as possible, don't worry about it too much.

Halo 5 (with the exception of clamber) hasn't really done anything to make me freakout over, judging from everything I've seen so far it'll be way better than reach/4 and in time may be better than 3, I think people are looking too much at the way it looks and less so the way it'll play.

I really hope 343i doesn't do anything too crazy, nothing so far has really been a surprise so in my mind I keep thinking 343i will pull out a wild card and screw everything up, honestly give us 10 small maps, faster killtimes, and a solid SP and I'd be happy.

Large maps isn't going to make the whole "I can get away from literally any stupid play I make because I can sprint around and thruster and clamber while you've got a utility rifle that takes 1.6s to kill lolololol" bit any better.

I'm willing to at least give the new spartan abilities a shot, although I adamantly believe that sprint would be better being gone, clamber would be better as a wall kick, and ground pound is just stupid. However, if the players can move around the map this quickly and with such great agility, if you don't have a rifle that kills quickly the game is not going to work on a competitive level, period. Its going to be exactly what sprint/bloom Reach was: players mindlessly pushing forward towards the enemy because there is zero punishment for poor positioning and players can escape from all but the worst encounters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Large maps isn't going to make the whole "I can get away from literally any stupid play I make because I can sprint around and thruster and clamber while you've got a utility rifle that takes 1.6s to kill lolololol" bit any better.

I'm willing to at least give the new spartan abilities a shot, although I adamantly believe that sprint would be better being gone, clamber would be better as a wall kick, and ground pound is just stupid. However, if the players can move around the map this quickly and with such great agility, if you don't have a rifle that kills quickly the game is not going to work on a competitive level, period. Its going to be exactly what sprint/bloom Reach was: players mindlessly pushing forward towards the enemy because there is zero punishment for poor positioning and players can escape from all but the worst encounters.

Large maps had nothing to do with what I was talking about, my point was that with a higher player count you would see more team shooting thus abilities like ground pound or whatever will be less effective, now I personally hate 8v8 and wish they got rid of it (same goes for 16v16/32v32) bit since they won't do that I figure that some good could come of it.

I agree wholeheartedly that the killtimes should be reduced, in fact I recommended a 3sk/4sk weapon, it's important to not that not only is halo 5 an entire year away but also that the killtimes may be reduced (as is what happened with Turbo) or increased (as what happened after PAX) so that part of Halo 5 is up in the air, not too much point in going crazy about it now.

^what are the kill times you guys are looking at because that br i saw in the vid had a hella fast KT, the lack of aim assist just makes it seem slower since mostly bk's like greenskull were playing it(excluding halofest)

edit- like someone said, they checked it at halofest.

H5 BR: 1.14

H5 DMR: 1.34

Thank god the kill times are faster. Thought they were, but someone mentioned the H3 BR... 

it was frankie, take that with a grain of salt.

the faster gunplay across the board is much welcomed

I would have a lot more faith in H5 if 343 started a video series like this to explain their thought process...

I can almost guarantee you that you don't want to hear their thought process on these things.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The announcer needs to shut the fuck up, jesus.

The way he says "Perfect" is one of the most satisfying things I have heard since Overkill Extermination, and I like the new medal designs, got rid of those ugly black spikes and made them blue to blend in with the base medal, and some of the brand new medals look sick.

But he does need to shut up with this 1v3 stuff, I can read the screen, I have eyes lol

I have made a lot of posts on how much I hate everything I've seen from Halo 5. In my opinion, I think the game will suck and no matter how much feedback they get from the beta, that the game will still suck because I think it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. Despite all that, I would like to know what anyone on these forums has seen in the game that they actually like and how they believe it will benefit the game and I don't want to spend hours and hours going through 150+ pages finding little pieces here and there. The only thing I've seen that's good is less auto-aim. So what is it that some of you like?

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have made a lot of posts on how much I hate everything I've seen from Halo 5. In my opinion, I think the game will suck and no matter how much feedback they get from the beta, that the game will still suck because I think it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. Despite all that, I would like to know what anyone on these forums has seen in the game that they actually like and how they believe it will benefit the game and I don't want to spend hours and hours going through 150+ pages finding little pieces here and there. The only thing I've seen that's good is less auto-aim. So what is it that some of you like?

medals, graphics, ttk on utilitys, some of the new movement options excluding sprint/clamber, all the things that were removed from h4 returning, the sounds of the game don't sound like H4 asscheeks, grenade indicators are gone

things I don't like are mainly sprint/clamber and the hitmarkers

medals, graphics, ttk on utilitys, some of the new movement options excluding sprint/clamber, all the things that were removed from h4 returning, the sounds of the game don't sound like H4 asscheeks, grenade indicators are gone

things I don't like are mainly sprint/clamber and the hitmarkers

K just for my clarification, you enjoy the excessive amount of medals and the design of them? Just curious as I despise the new medal system post Halo-Reach. I want the double kill to be yellow, triple blue, killtac orange(I refuse to call it overkill).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

K just for my clarification, you enjoy the excessive amount of medals and the design of them? Just curious as I despise the new medal system post Halo-Reach. I want the double kill to be yellow, triple blue, killtac orange(I refuse to call it overkill).

it's an overkill lol, and yeah I would like to see those medals return as the multis, and I don't like the kills with sniper and rockets etc, but I like the new ones like hat trick and perfect

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's an overkill lol, and yeah I would like to see those medals return as the multis, and I don't like the kills with sniper and rockets etc, but I like the new ones like hat trick and perfect

4 kills stringed together quickly will always be a killtacular to me, always. The hat trick is eh to me, perfect is pretty cool, I also liked the one thats when the enemy gets the first shot on you but you win the battle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 kills stringed together quickly will always be a killtacular to me, always. The hat trick is eh to me, perfect is pretty cool, I also liked the one thats when the enemy gets the first shot on you but you win the battle.

at least the killtac got the cool silver purple medal

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that ground pound could be good if made to be even more difficult to pull off than it already is. As for what it will add, I really don't know lol. That's the problem with the things that I don't hate in Halo 5: I don't love them either.

I think default thrusters will be pretty cool if they have at least double the cool-down time. I like the less auto-aim for the shooting skill-gap. I like how the graphics have improved just because it's always an added bonus when a game is pretty. I think Breakout should be really cool if they implement the changes that people have been suggesting and I'm glad that Halo's getting a gametype like that.

If I was to list the things I dislike about Halo 5 and then explain why I dislike them, my list would be a lot longer. At this point about 98% of my excitement for Halo 5 is for Campaign and Forge. If they don't make significant changes after the feedback from the beta, then I'll probably never love Halo 5's multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I watch of H5, the more competitive potential I see. Honestly, if this game had no sprint, no clamber, no air hover and no pointless assassinations, then this game would be a 10 out of a 10. I am definitely doing a Reddit post when the beta goes live, and I will ask for your guys support on it, especially people who have close ties to the Halo Reddit community.

343 wants to make a competitive focused game? Well, let's help them do that.

• Upvote (+1) 5