CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In the meantime you recommend everyone in here just... Not play.

Pop goes to poop, then we just return months later for decent settings?

Eh, might come a bit too late. Especially with the funnest game types not launching.

Especially with other awesome games coming out around that time too. Such as fallout 4.

This. Much This.

Ok I'm through with Reddit. I thought they were just very optimistc players waiting for the next installment of halo. Then I read multiple people trying to explain how Halo CE was the most unbalanced Halo, and I realized they know nothing about Halo MP whatsoever and all deserve to be thrown into a cellar and be burned to death.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I realized that every time a new member comes in tb, he gets shit on by everyone before officially being accepted.. regardless of the nasty neg bar stain.

We are warriors

I realized that every time a new member comes in tb, he gets shit on by everyone before officially being accepted.. regardless of the nasty neg bar stain.

We are warriors

Gotta haze.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are warriors

Initiations are the norm on the internet!

*cracks knuckles*

Most online games actually use host-client model. Peer to peer means everyone sends everyone data. Most online games (including Halo) don't work this way. Host-client is when all data is sent from players to the host, which is then forwarded to all the clients. For some reason everyone just calls it peer to peer, but that term is technically incorrect.

A dedicated server works the same way as host-client, except it's generally more powerful and usually doesn't need to load all the graphics since no ones actually playing on it,  so it has more processing power to just focus on hosting the game rather than hosting the game and playing at the same time. Since the servers are so powerful and there's no need to process playing the actual game they can host many games at once.

It is possible to play a game and host a dedicated server on the same machine, but obviously publishers/devs don't do this, that's generally just people running their own custom dedicated servers.

You pretty much rehashed what I said lol with p2p, and dedis. I may have worded it wrong, and u got a bit confused?

How the crap a bunch of people that literally don't have a website, youtube page, facebook page, twitter, or anything big have a media copy?

It always makes me sad seeing a guy with 200 or so twitter followers tweeting he just got a media copy and you see some big sites not getting them for days after that. 

No idea where they get them from but I guess they're meeting someone's requirements.

We are warriors

EuD0oVk.png

NV2A8b1.png

You're telling me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

that was before you became staff . it was ok to neg rep you

You were salty about THC, I can tell.

I'm sure everyone will be back complaining once the game releases and its trash, that is how its been the past 4 years, a vicious cycle.

That's how the Halo scene has been since Halo 2 came out. 

I'd like to state for the record that every person in the competitive Halo community from the decent past who was redbarred to hell and back has mellowed out and learned to take it all in stride... ... ...except Reiku.

• Upvote (+1) 3