CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My embargo for Forza 6 ended on September 8th, 2015. Week before the game came out.

Seems like Halo has cut it close but this is the closest.

It's most likely due to Halo being far more story-based than Forza was, so it makes sense that they don't want spoilers hitting the web so early and easy. I'm glad they're setting the embargo so close to launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The guy who's playing for IGN just said "multiplayer opens up later this week"

Im sure he meant next week.

Someone said here that it is the 22nd I believe. Not sure if that is confirmed or what the source was though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Campaign footage looks great. Big open landscapes, tons of enemies, dialogue is good. One of the cutscenes is phenomenal.

It's most likely due to Halo being far more story-based than Forza was, so it makes sense that they don't want spoilers hitting the web so early and easy. I'm glad they're setting the embargo so close to launch. 

They're live streaming the campaign, what more could they spoil?

No shit "some people do." I don't remember saying no one did? Ya know, 343 could show us maps/multiplayer gameplay. It doesn't have to be 3rd party people/organizations showing it to us. I feel like we saw alot more of Halo 4 by this time than we have seen with Halo 5. 

It's coming next week.

Can Watchers still spawn and revive other Prometheans?

And now we're entering spoiler territory. I've posted multiple times about this guys. If you want to discuss the campaign and its mechanics, move it over to this topic:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10405-spoilers-halo-5-campaign-leaks-discussion/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh, even if the pistol is super accurate and perfect in every way, h5 still has sprint and is built around sprint. That means maps are still broken (jumps, angles, scale, etc.) no matter what.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can Watchers still spawn and revive other Prometheans?

I wonder if we'll be seeing both Knights and Soldiers in the same places, and how they'll react towards each other. Do Soldiers have control over Knights? Do Knights just do what they do while the Soldiers more skillfully move through the battlefield due to their intelligence, similar to Smart AIs? How many factions will we see in battle at once? So many things I want to know, but I also DON'T want to know due to being spoiled. 

But man, so many questions.

Eh, even if the pistol is super accurate and perfect in every way, h5 still has sprint and is built around sprint. That means maps are still broken (jumps, angles, scale, etc.) no matter what.

Sprint can be disabled, and new maps can be made.

inb4 "but matchmaking"

I'm gonna ressurect this conversation really quickly to apologize. I'm not going to give a life story or anything or why I have fairly unpopular opinions, but I do want to apologize for how I acted and what I said.

I wasn't really thinking when I claimed and said what I said. I understand, NOW, that people are upset that big gamemodes aren't present or represented when they fully well should have been. My only thoughts were going with how they WILL be available.

So, sorry, everyone. I jumped the gun with a bad thought process. I see how I was wrong.

+ for being a man and apologizing. You don't see that very often these days.

Maybe forge and snappy strafe with small hit boxes could save the day?   If someone made some solid settings and people actually played them, I'm pretty sure you could make halo 5 have some pretty good competitive play. Turn off sprint, get a good movement speed, use maps that work without sprint.   I'm optimistic.... maybe...

Sprint can be disabled, and new maps can be made.

inb4 "but matchmaking"

Did they ever fix forge maps dropped frames?

And what do peeps do in the meantime? Forge comes when? And when will these competitive maps even be available?

Doesn't viable in the least. We're talking months here.

And what do peeps do in the meantime? Forge comes when? And when will these competitive maps even be available?

In the meantime, you could just not play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the meantime, you could just not play.

In the meantime you recommend everyone in here just... Not play.

Pop goes to poop, then we just return months later for decent settings?

Eh, might come a bit too late. Especially with the funnest game types not launching.

Especially with other awesome games coming out around that time too. Such as fallout 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Month is the smallest unit 343 works in.  Didn't you know?   It contains onth

onth

1th

• Upvote (+1) 3