CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/10/15/scuf-announces-xbox-one-licensing-deal-now-official-professional-gaming-controller-partner.aspx?utm_content=bufferdb7c6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Scuf, a company that specializes in high-end controller modifications, has grown its presence on the eSports circuit over the past few years. The company has a series of customizable options for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (as well as Xbox 360).

One of the elements that Scuf introduced was paddles on the underside of the controller to provide ease of access to more buttons. Microsoft and Scuf have today announced an official partnership that sees the latter named the exclusive third party controller partner for professional gaming.

The deal also gives Microsoft license to Scuf patents and technology. The upcoming $150 Xbox One Elite controller features removable and customizable underside paddles similar to those first introduced by Scuf.

I love Microsoft's approach to this.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/10/15/scuf-announces-xbox-one-licensing-deal-now-official-professional-gaming-controller-partner.aspx?utm_content=bufferdb7c6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Scuf, a company that specializes in high-end controller modifications, has grown its presence on the eSports circuit over the past few years. The company has a series of customizable options for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (as well as Xbox 360).

One of the elements that Scuf introduced was paddles on the underside of the controller to provide ease of access to more buttons. Microsoft and Scuf have today announced an official partnership that sees the latter named the exclusive third party controller partner for professional gaming.

The deal also gives Microsoft license to Scuf patents and technology. The upcoming $150 Xbox One Elite controller features removable and customizable underside paddles similar to those first introduced by Scuf.

I love Microsoft's approach to this.

Steal an idea then buy them out?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Steal an idea then buy them out?

More like borrowed instead of buying them out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fractions of seconds matter. That's not justification enough to make players spawn with the easier weapon. I thought these were meant to be competitive settings?

But I guess the Magnum being a fraction of a percent more difficult to use makes all of the difference. The Magnum is wholly unviable because you need to exert a tiny bit more effort to use it! Fractions of a second don't matter because you might be able to make up for it with the BR.

Posts like this make me laugh.

It's like no one played Halo 3.

The Halo 3 pistol was almost identical in kill time compared to the BR (A tiny bit faster if memory serves actually) and very little spread, but no one fucking touched in in derp rifle games.

That is what you derpers are claiming is going to all of a sudden be perfectly fine in Halol 5 garbage. "Hurr the pistol is totally as good as the BR just harder to use so it's completely fine guys!".

Ugh....

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why can people stream campaign footage right now but not multiplayer?

Day 1 patch has a bunch of MP stuff would be my guess. 

wtf?  only 600 viewers right now for H5?

Guessing majority don't wanna be spoiled.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The cut scenes and dialouge so far from what I've seen from this game seem to be targeted at 15 year old children. It seems so corny and over the top, not what Halo used to be about. Disappointed in what I've seen so far.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Posts like this make me laugh.

It's like no one played Halo 3.

The Halo 3 pistol was almost identical in kill time compared to the BR (A tiny bit faster if memory serves actually) and very little spread, but no one fucking touched in in derp rifle games.

That is what you derpers are claiming is going to all of a sudden be perfectly fine in Halol 5 garbage. "Hurr the pistol is totally as good as the BR just harder to use so it's completely fine guys!".

Ugh....

The pistol had a pretty large amount of spread, didn't fire 3 bullets at a time to compensate for this, couldn't get more than one kill per reload, and had no scope. I don't have any hard numbers to compare the two as far as killtimes go.

As far as Halo 3 goes, there was no choice between the Magnum and BR.

I did a quick check, and it's actually slower than the BR. So your hostility isn't necessary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The cut scenes and dialog so far from what I've seen from this game seem to be targeted at 15 year old children. It seems so corny and over the top, not what Halo used to be about. Disappointed in what I've seen so far.

On another topic, Unyshek's daily video upload thing has stopped ever since he joined 343. Oh well. Hope he is happy there.

Bravo's channel also hasn't had any activity since he joined 343.

Okay so please nobody spoil anything or talk about the footage being shown right now. There is another thread for spoilers. Please and thank you.

This

So the guy in the campaign stream did a small accuracy check on the wall with the BR and Magnum.

Magnum is dead accurate with/without smartscope.

BR's spread travels ever so slightly up when you fire, creating a line of bullets. Same thing with smartscope.

Interesting...

so the BR is still trash in another halo game? shocking..

• Upvote (+1) 1