CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo 4 campaign had descope so there might be a few changes but doubt it.

It wasn't exclusive to campaign. The binoculars in Halo 4 would descope in MP and campaign too.

Halo 4 campaign had descope so there might be a few changes but doubt it.

No it didn't. (Binoculars don't count!)

I'm pretty sure there aren't any cases of a weapon in a Halo console game functioning different between Campaign and MP.

No it didn't.

I'm pretty sure there aren't any cases of a weapon in a Halo console game functioning different between Campaign and MP.

The only gun that was ever different from the multiplayer was the CE Magnum. It was less accurate in the Campaign.

In H2C the Sword loses energy in campaign but not in MP :O

Depends on what you mean.  Mantis chaingun ROF in campaign was way higher than in MP.  After the weapons tune, differences in damage and RoF between MP weapons and campaign ones was significant - particularly with the DMR.  Whether there were some other differences before the tune, I don't know.

Depends on what you mean.  Mantis chaingun ROF in campaign was way higher than in MP.  After the weapons tune, differences in damage and RoF between MP weapons and campaign ones was significant - particularly with the DMR.  Whether there were some other differences before the tune, I don't know.

The DMR never got changed in the weapon tuning, unless it was universal across the entire game.

I doubt they would make a weapon that accurate in the mode where it wouldn't even matter.

Have any campaigns had modified weapon traits from the multiplayer?

CE pistol had no spread when fired full auto in campaign. Hardy LeBell and others have talked about it extensively.

Pretty sure the damage in the plasma powerful was higher in campaign and it has better tracking on the overcharge.

So there's absolutely a precedent.

The DMR never got changed in the weapon tuning, unless it was universal across the entire game.

It did not.  Even in custom games the BR was 5-shot after the tune (at least for a while . . . maybe that later got fixed).

Though my memory might be failing me, the DMR felt like it was significantly more powerful vs. the BR in campaign compared to what it was in MP even pre-tune.

CE pistol had no spread when fired full auto in campaign. Hardy LeBell and others have talked about it extensively.

Pretty sure the damage in the plasma powerful was higher in campaign and it has better tracking on the overcharge.

So there's absolutely a precedent.

I stand corrected, but Halo 1 is a different beast than the other games. I couldn't see why they would make the Magnum and BR both with no spread in campaign, but not multiplayer.

I stand corrected.

Still, there's no reason to add spread into MP. They know that it wouldn't go down well so why balance the gun without it for campaign only to change it for MP? The H2 pistol's automatic mode is slightly different since that was intended to channel players towards embracing single trigger pulls.

Nope, its RRR was reduced.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope, its RRR was reduced.

That was the only change. Nothing about its functionality(damage, rate of fire) was altered.

1:30 PM? AM? Timezone?

Ryan from IGN says he is streaming at 4:00pm EST, 1:00pm PST, so maybe that's when the embargo on this actually lifts (and the other ppl are just early)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ryan from IGN says he is streaming at 4:00pm EST, 1:00pm PST, so maybe that's when the embargo on this actually lifts (and the other ppl are just early)?

Alright. 

Yeah, I just checked twitch, Gamespot and some other dude is already playing.

1:30 PM? AM? Timezone?

His bio says California so i'm guessing 1:30pm which would be 4:30 pm EST