CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yep, in a month or two there should be plenty uploaded for your viewing pleasure. Don't say 343 never gives you anything.

I'm more excited for the free gametype DLC 343 are gifting us in a few months. Bungie would have made us pay back in the day for KoTH and Ball. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it normal for reviews to be released that late?

Companies who have faith in their game end the embargo like a week before launch.

It is possible they are holding it because of announcements coming in the launch event but we'll see.

Is it normal for reviews to be released that late?

- Halo 3: September 23, 2007, game launched on September 25, 2007

- Halo Reach: September 11, 2010, game launched on September 14, 2010

- Halo 4: November 1, 2012, game launched on November 6, 2012

My embargo for Forza 6 ended on September 8th, 2015. Week before the game came out.

Seems like Halo has cut it close but this is the closest.

That's not good.

How? Halo 2, 3's and ODST's came out only 2 days before release. Reach came out three days prior. Halo 4's was the earliest, with a 5 day period. I don't see a real issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How? Halo 2, 3's and ODST's came out only 2 days before release. Reach came out three days prior. Halo 4's was the earliest, with a 5 day period. I don't see a real issue.

Can we really compare it to Bungie's games? Those were always super polished.

In terms of Halo 5, especially following MCC, you'd want that embargo to end ASAP so people are confident in it. 

Like I said though, could be because of the launch event.

In case this doesn't link properly, start watching at 5:27, at 5:30 you will see somebody that pops up on the radar after shooting the plasma caster. This doesn't confirm sprint/thruster making you pop up on the radar, but the guy was walking around before that and wasn't on the radar. Hopefully that's enough to at least prove you're not on the radar while moving normally.

I think that was only because the enemy was standing still. In the same video, it shows someone appearing on the radar by simply moving at the 5:40 mark. Looks like radars will just be normal after all.

https://youtu.be/jQ3tx_RVvik?t=5m40s

• Upvote (+1) 2

Companies who have faith in their game end the embargo like a week before launch.

It is possible they are holding it because of announcements coming in the launch event but we'll see.

Interesting. Well I just hope its because of announcements and not because of lack of faith. If they don't believe the game will get good reviews then we're probably fucked lol. 

In terms of Halo 5, especially following MCC, you'd want that embargo to end ASAP so people are confident in it. 

I'd guess launch event. I'd only really be worried about a Day "0" review if the other Halo titles had their reviews a week or so, in advance, consistently.

I think that was only because the enemy was standing still. In the same video, it shows someone appearing on the radar by simply moving at the 5:40 mark. Looks like radars will just be normal after all.

I was just coming here to say this. Everyone has been saying the radar is changed but I never actually saw any definitive proof. Every clip someone showed as "proof" that you don't appear when walking normally, the enemies are outside of the radar range and they come back in range wen they shoot/sprint. 5:40 in this video is proof that radar is the same as always. The only nerf to it is the reduced range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GTA V had the same review embargo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mean to break embargo topics, or anything; but seriously, I think I found the best armor combination in the game. HELIOFALL. (So much sarcasm)

BxdKfv4.png

I think I'm probably gonna be rocking noble jumper.