CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

gamescom-2014-halo-channel-live-and-time

Throwback

and not one mention of this....they just swept it under the rug like everything else they failed to deliver...

• Upvote (+1) 8

and not one mention of this....they just swept it under the rug like everything else they failed to deliver...

If its not delivered in 30 minutes or less its free!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo became a COD-clone...as in...carbony copy...the only diff is sci-fi skin modeling vs semi-realistic futuristic COD soldiers...Halo will still sell millions. Slowly our little 1% of the Halo community called the competitive community would die off.

If 343 upped the auto-aim, made every game mode on par with Breakout kill times, and included Warzone weapon variants into every gametype Halo 5 would be a CoD clone. The game is that close to being that bad. "But it's equal starts and you can pick up weapons on the map" - this would literally be a good enough reason to justify making Halo 5 a CoD clone for the majority of "Halo players" (most of whom will be moving on to the next big thing a few weeks/months later).

What is this? Forgive me I'm a newb in the highest degree. It looks beautiful, whatever it is...

Its the equivalent of that one beautiful girl you asked out, and told you youre sweet and you deserve a great woman in your life.

but never accepts the date

• Upvote (+1) 2

gamescom-2014-halo-channel-live-and-time

Throwback

They literally never did anything like this did they? 

Also look at that fake twitch chat, not even one horrible comment, so unrealistic!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Speaking of internet I wanted to ask this because my internet is really slow. Do you believe a certain level of internet speed is needed for competitive Halo? And if so what speed do you need?  

I've had many internet connections, and in my experience, it all comes down to your ping.

Bandwidth only matters if you live with other people who like to use the internet all the time, and they push it to the limit. But if it's just you, and you don't have numerous devices draining data all at once, your Mbps shouldn't matter unless it's crazy slow.

They literally never did anything like this did they? 

Also look at that fake twitch chat, not even one horrible comment, so unrealistic!

Because the chats dead since its the 6th time they've restarted that game  :kappa:

If 343 upped the auto-aim, made every game mode on par with Breakout kill times, and included Warzone weapon variants into every gametype Halo 5 would be a CoD clone. The game is that close to being that bad. "But it's equal starts and you can pick up weapons on the map" - this would literally be a good enough reason to justify making Halo 5 a CoD clone for the majority of "Halo players" (most of whom will be moving on to the next big thing a few weeks/months later).

it would need more than those things, aiming mechanics would need to be changed almost entirely, there would need to be killstreaks, perks would need to be in every gametype, weapons would need to be removed from the map, movement would need to change, map design would need to change etc. the game is by no means that close.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When the Halo 6 hype train starts building, I'm considering doing a massive chronicling of every piece of information that comes out of 343, to weigh it in against the final product. Too much gets lost as noise in all the chatter, it'd be nice to have a nice clean record of who said/promised/showcased what. 

Please do it.

Hey remember when 343 said that the top 200 players in Pro would have its own leaderboard. They have not said anything since the beta.  What happened to this? :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey remember when 343 said that the top 200 players in Pro would have its own leaderboard. They have not said anything since the beta.  What happened to this? :holmes:

343 happened to it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its the equivalent of that one beautiful girl you asked out, and told you youre sweet and you deserve a great woman in your life.

...how...

...how did you know about my mom and I?

Maybe it will be a part of the "fully-featured stat experience for Halo 5" on Waypoint that they talk about in the Open API blog post.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-api-support-coming-to-halo-5-guardians

#WarZoned

• Upvote (+1) 5

...how...

...how did you know about my mom and I?

you asked your mom out on a date?
  • Upvote (+1) 2