CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Microsoft digital download servers suck ass.

EA(origin), Blizzard(BattleNet), and Valve(Steam) do their shit much better. If M$ wants to be like these services they need to step it up.

CPUA8wBVAAAeaWr.jpg

Even Galaxy (GOG/CDProjekt) is ~10 times faster.

Looked at it. It starts off with Master Chief.... So if it is an legitimate script then Chief didn't die in H5. Thank god.

It's a joke, the third line reads:

"You're a pretty cool guy. You shot -illegible- and doesn't afraid of anything."

Speaking of internet I wanted to ask this because my internet is really slow. Do you believe a certain level of internet speed is needed for competitive Halo? And if so what speed do you need?  

Speaking of internet I wanted to ask this because my internet is really slow. Do you believe a certain level of internet speed is needed for competitive Halo? And if so what speed do you need?  

Really no game that uses more than 100 kbits, so 1 mbit is eternally enough for gaming. Halo 5 will have dedicated servers too, so you don't need to worry about your upload speed. The distance is the only thing that'll matter for latency.

Halo 5 looks like it's shaping up to be a right bag of scrap. I love halo, well the halo I grew up with but I'm at the point with 343 where I just genuinely want this game to tank so bad so maybe the franchise can be handed to somebody else. They just don't get it. They just don't. Hire as many ex MLG pros as you want, shout E-sports as loud as you want but the fact is we still have a game with sprint, rotten maps and a terrible selection of gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Please keep all posts on-topic and related to Halo 5, or I'll have to start deleting them.

My post was related to Unyshek getting hired at 343 Industries Halo 5 Community Team.

Please stop harassing me I wish you were more professional.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 looks like it's shaping up to be a right bag of scrap. I love halo, well the halo I grew up with but I'm at the point with 343 where I just genuinely want this game to tank so bad so maybe the franchise can be handed to somebody else. They just don't get it. They just don't. Hire as many ex MLG pros as you want, shout E-sports as loud as you want but the fact is we still have a game with sprint, rotten maps and a terrible selection of gametypes.

tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

meh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just want the out of box experience to be good. I'm tired of having to result to custom games to get my competitive balanced fix. As it stands, MCC's Halo CE is the only Halo game right now out of the box that's fun to play. Sure, Halo 2 BR starts are fun...Halo 3...god no...and some of Halo 4 is okay, but for the most part, the competitive balanced Halo lies with HCE.

With all of the Halo feedback surveys, and in-studio pros play testing Halo 5 for months and well over a year...Halo 5 out of the box should be a competitive powerhouse. It should be up there with Street Fighter 4 out of the box (when it first launched...I realize it's gone through years of updates as the competitiveness evolves).

This time around with Halo, I'm not forking my money out on the chance that 343 got Halo right this time. I'll wait for the Halo hipsters to spend their money and give a hopefully fair evaluation.

I can't be the only Halo fan that wants a solid out of the box experience and based on the alpha/beta whatever the hell it was...and footage we've seen since then...is anyone else not truly convinced yet to buy this game?

I don't want to buy the game in the concept of "well, I know in a few months the game will become better...", I'm done with that crap. Out of the box day one it should be good to go. They've have more than enough time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's a countdown. Second 0:35

My theory from long, long ago is now proven.

Every single spartan ability was NEVER originally thought for multiplayer...instead, it was designed purely for single player...and multiplayer now has to suffer because of it.

Because whiney babies won't understand why their precious abilities aren't available in multiplayer...343 has to take on the challenge of making them adapt to multiplayer. We as the fans get screwed.

EDIT: sorry for being a debbie downer, this week has not been good for me with Halo news.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Why though? He has a different opinion?

Because we are trying to ride the hype train  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why though? He has a different opinion?

@@edymont1987

ARE YOU NOT RESPECTING THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS?????????????????? BOY YOU GON' MAKE ME TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ngbbs55fa3db4055d8.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

If Halo became a COD-clone...as in...carbony copy...the only diff is sci-fi skin modeling vs semi-realistic futuristic COD soldiers...Halo will still sell millions. Slowly our little 1% of the Halo community called the competitive community would die off.

If Halo became a COD-clone...as in...carbony copy...the only diff is sci-fi skin modeling vs semi-realistic futuristic COD soldiers...Halo will still sell millions. Slowly our little 1% of the Halo community called the competitive community would die off.

I'm not even sure how COD gets as much competitive coverage as it does, but that's for another topic I suppose.

I'm not even sure how COD gets as much competitive coverage as it does, but that's for another topic I suppose.

The same reason Rocket League is doing so well now: It's easy to digest. 

They could do almost anything with it anf it would sell millions.

They could make quake reskin mp and sell millions.

Daily Reminder:

Kazuma Jinnouchi is the next Marty O'Donnell.

Guys young. Fresh out of music school works on MGS4, PW and some other stuff. All of which had amazing, top tier soundtracks.

First BIG game all by himself and he puts out shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LLcP7pcIWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNFoCcMHN50

Amazing. Seriously some of the best Halo music I've heard since Marty worked on Halo 3.

Follow this guy and give him some love:

https://twitter.com/kazjin2612

• Upvote (+1) 9

snip

I usually don't buy soundtracks to games lately, but this is one I will probably actually pick up. I agree though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So did anyone get the update for the preview dashboard? Button mapping is available now. 

Yup I just got it. I'm not sure i'll have any use for it, but i'm sure many people will. 

I feel bad in saying I feel nostalgia (Was only 8 months ago) over this piece, because it was the menu music for the Halo 5 Beta, and I remember that thing oh so dearly. *v*

Seriously, the tunes at the beginning and end of that song are so amazing BECAUSE of that menu. It's so epic.