CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Okay, so I know I should play the campaign and all, but I'm really excited for multiplayer. But I've ALWAYS beat the campaign first. Always. MAN.

I always play MP at first when friends are on, then campaign when people go to sleep or get off. 

Gigantic was kind of fun. Used that cat dude a lot as he was hella good at engaging and escaping. What shooter elements did that game have though?

There are two classes that are pure shooting based characters as well as another one or two that fire projectiles. It sounds like you played the fox archer, which had a bow and arrow. The robot class with miniguns and rockets is very shooter oriented as well. How much did you play? Did you not feel either of those classes were more shooter oriented than anything?

No I haven't but I think I was singed up for it. Overwatch and LawBreakers both look amazing to me. Can't wait to see how much eSports is a focus to both as well.  

I'm sure blizzard will handle it well but I don't expect lawbreakers to come with any sort of e-sport enhancing features like theater or casting mode. I do expect it's potential for a competitive game to be great, but I don't think it will be accessible or e-sport friendly.

little off topic, but I was reading about people pre-loading and came up with a question whilst considering buying a bigger hard drive for my xbox.

When you buy a bigger capacity drive for your xbox, does it replace the one in the xbox, or supplement it.  If it does replace, how do you transfer data from the xbox internal drive to the new external drive?  Also if it does replace the one in the xbox, can you take the original hard drive out and reuse like on a pc?

Okay, so I know I should play the campaign and all, but I'm really excited for multiplayer. But I've ALWAYS beat the campaign first. Always. MAN.

I'm playing sp first.

little off topic, but I was reading about people pre-loading and came up with a question whilst considering buying a bigger hard drive for my xbox.

When you buy a bigger capacity drive for your xbox, does it replace the one in the xbox, or supplement it.  If it does replace, how do you transfer data from the xbox internal drive to the new external drive?  Also if it does replace the one in the xbox, can you take the original hard drive out and reuse like on a pc?

Paging @@Moa but it supplements it. If I'm not mistaken I think you can choose which storage location to install things.

Pretty sure you can't take out the existing HDD. 

Halo 4 had more gametypes on launch.

Fucking the 4 does launch gametypes better.

I can't be the only one laughing at how much effort you must go to to remember to put "the 4" in your posts, despite putting Halo 4 moments before. Little bit sad.

Paging @@Moa but it supplements it. If I'm not mistaken I think you can choose which storage location to install things.
External hard drives supplements the internal one. All my games auto-install to my external. I don't remember if that's a setting or it did it automatically.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

When you buy a bigger capacity drive for your xbox, does it replace the one in the xbox, or supplement it. If it does replace, how do you transfer data from the xbox internal drive to the new external drive? Also if it does replace the one in the xbox, can you take the original hard drive out and reuse like on a pc?

I have the external storage. It has 5,000 GB or 5 TB. You just plug it in your Xbox, you will see it pop up. To move your stuff over, go over the game, press start, manage game, you can move, copy, or uninstall. I HIGHLY recommend you get one. You cannot take out the original drive, it's inside your Xbox no matter what.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I can't be the only one laughing at how much effort you must go to to remember to put "the 4" in your posts, despite putting Halo 4 moments before. Little bit sad.

External hard drives supplements the internal one. All my games auto-install to my external. I don't remember if that's a setting or it did it automatically.

it's not that hard when it's my sig.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have the external storage. It has 5,000 GB or 5 TB. You just plug it in your Xbox, you will see it pop up. To move your stuff over, go over the game, press start, manage game, you can move, copy, or uninstall. I HIGHLY recommend you get one. You cannot take out the original drive, it's inside your Xbox no matter what.

How much did you spend on 5 TB???

it's not that hard when it's my sig.

Do you feel cool when you call it The 4? Like you're fighting the man?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you feel cool when you call it The 4? Like you're fighting the man?

no I just think it's kind of funny. Not a fight the man kind of guy, I leave that to Bear in the woods.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's like saying He Who Must Not Be Named instead of Voldemort. You're just giving it more power 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there absolute confirmation that radar in H5 only shows those who are sprinting, thrusting, shooting, etc.? Walking does not show people?

It's like saying He Who Must Not Be Named instead of Voldemort. You're just giving it more power

I didn't even come up with it, Beast was the one who said he called it the 4, I just said we should make it a thing. Safe to say I'm still trying.

Arena - average 1000 REQ Points (Basing on Green Skulls experiences)

Warzone - Average 2000 REQ Points. (Basing on Green Skulls experiences)

Gold = 10,000 REQ Points

451 Gold Packs = 4,510,000 Points. 

Warzone = 2,255 Games

OR

Arena = 4510 Games

Now let's hope the progression ranks lasts at least this long before capping and our sole motivation isn't completing the REQ collection.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there absolute confirmation that radar in H5 only shows those who are sprinting, thrusting, shooting, etc.? Walking does not show people?

I've never actually heard of this, so I doubt it is true. All you need to do is go and watch some of the newer gameplay on Ready Up Live, that'll be the confirmation you need.

Halo 5's business strategy is actually to keep DLC completely free, beyond REQ Packs. There won't be a split in the community because everything will be available to everyone.

Don't think of DLC as Call of Duty's map pack, which did split up the community. DLC is only an acronym for Downloadable Content; that's it. It's only gotten a bad taste for the poor business models it's been part of.

Now, bear with me here. Think of Halo in a similar business model as majority of the top e-sports titles, where the game is just one, single entitity. There's no 2 or 3, where you have the community split up, where some are playing Halo 3, others are playing Reach and so forth. There's just Halo.

That Halo has campaigns as DLC to essentially pay for continuing the story and it can not split the community, because it only has singleplayer and co-op. The casual aspect of multiplayer will change accordingly with the campaign, while the competitive aspect of multiplayer is mostly changed in incrementals. Because the developers have a stream of income from all the pixel fluff, the multiplayer is always going to be free and a percentage of that will also go the prize pool, production, etc. for HCS.

Eventually it's going to have to be made in a new engine and as long as they have a properly made game engine, it's not going to be much work to port the game over. Look at Goldsource to Source2 or Unreal Engine 1 to 4; it's not been much of a problem there, so 343/Bungie can do the same, too.

Now, bear with me here. Think of Halo in a similar business model as majority of the top e-sports titles, where the game is just one, single entitity. There's no 2 or 3, where you have the community split up, where some are playing Halo 3, others are playing Reach and so forth. There's just Halo.

I completely disagree. There's Halo, then there's 343 "Halo".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1