CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Hymae -  no need to start a rep war bro. We are not 12

No wars here man.  All love.  Unless I don't like your post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Talking about 343i's decision making and disagreeing are fine.  Sure I've seen a fair share of constructive posts about people's thoughts on this forum. 

@CursedLemon does a fantastic job of breaking down this game, even if I don't always agree with him, he is very constructive.

But most people here are not constructive.

How does a developer show that they can be trusted exactly?  When they remake Halo 2 with up to date graphics so we all can relive 2004? 

Are you from reddit or waypoint?

ADAPT BRO

I guess you really haven't been around here that long...

I'm not saying that CS has always had perfect dev support, but the proof is in the pudding. Valve didn't abandon CS:GO a few months after it dropped because they were working on a game they actually cared about.

It may not be perfect, but it's not shit like the MCC...

No, not at all. It's the business model they introduced in CS:GO that let them keep developing the game, because now they have a continous stream of income from it.

Talking about 343i's decision making and disagreeing are fine.  Sure I've seen a fair share of constructive posts about people's thoughts on this forum. 

@CursedLemon does a fantastic job of breaking down this game, even if I don't always agree with him, he is very constructive.

But most people here are not constructive.

How does a developer show that they can be trusted exactly?  When they remake Halo 2 with up to date graphics so we all can relive 2004? 

Nobody here wants a Halo 2 remake. People like H1 and H2 so much because there is so little faults gameplay wise compared to their younger brothers (even though H2 did start a lot of bad trends).

People just want a game that isn't dumbed down or broken. Not asking for a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

yeah but 1-plot sucks

It had its one use. 1-plot Extraction was the best Doubles objective mode possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you from reddit or waypoint?

ADAPT BRO

Nope, I've been here since launch.

I just mostly lurk.

Had a few extra cups of coffee and wanted to ruffle some feathers.

I'll just pretend you didn't post this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody here wants a Halo 2 remake. People like H1 and H2 so much because there is so little faults gameplay wise compared to their younger brothers (even though H2 did start a lot of bad trends).

People just want a game that isn't dumbed down or broken. Not asking for a lot.

Sadly that is what games have come to these days (dumbed down) - there is no excuse for a game to ship broken though.  That needs to stay in the "Steam Early Access" category.

Games are all tilted towards that casual crowd to get that $$$.

H2 set the pace though of what people think Halo as a whole should always be with each title release. 

I'll just pretend you didn't post this.

Without my snarky comment on the end of that, for real though, how does a Developer show they can be trusted?

Sadly that is what games have come to these days (dumbed down) - there is no excuse for a game to ship broken though.  That needs to stay in the "Steam Early Access" category.

Games are all tilted towards that casual crowd to get that $$$.

H2 set the pace though of what people think Halo as a whole should always be with each title release. 

There is a difference between catering to the hardcore while making the game user friendly and dumbing down the game for causals.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Without my snarky comment on the end of that, for real though, how does a Developer show they can be trusted?

They can deliver on their promises.

Well I do not look past what 343 has done that I personally disagree with but by all means I'm going to play H5 and then give my opinion.

And at that point they don't have to care about your opinion, because they already have your money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By proving through actions that they say what they mean...

It's not complicated, 343 is simply not a trustworthy company. They have a proven track-record that shows when it comes down to it, they will manipulate any and everyone just to make a quick buck.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

By proving through actions that they say what they mean...

It's not complicated, 343 is simply not a trustworthy company. They have a proven track-record that shows when it comes down to it, they will manipulate any and everyone just to make a quick buck.

Lol, you make them sound like Evil Corp  - (Mr. Robot reference)

Sounds like you should move on bud to another game if you think that badly of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Lol, you make them sound like Evil Corp  - (Mr. Robot reference)

Sounds like you should move on bud to another game if you think that badly of them.

Reddit/Waypoint origins confirmed. 

Edit: Okay, seriously... Would you honestly argue that 343 is a trustworthy company?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The fact that anyone could have played MCC at launch, see what the game is now, hear what they are doing (or not doing) with H5 and still not understand why many of us are not real big fans of theirs is baffling to me.

and that's not even touching on the abomination that was H4...

I share some of the same opinions man. 

Maybe I'm a sucker for being skeptical since H5 is being built from the ground up.  By no means am I on Team 343i.

It's rather the wording and focusing only on the negative without giving feedback in a constructive manner. Look at /r/GlobalOffensive for example, you definitely have your share of whiny bitches there too, but the amount of thoughtout and constructive feedback the community give over there compared to what I'm reading here (e.g. whueeah, Team Doubles not on launch, whuueaah!) is baffling me. Not that there aren't any here, it definitely is, but they're completely overshadowed by the insane amount of snarky, reduntant comments and oversaturated by GIF's to express reactions.

I think the problem mostly lies with posting in a 2k pages long thread rather than doing it like this:

You get the idea.

We have had in the past threads that have detailed substantive constructive feedback on mechanics and such but you work with what you're given. CS from the very outset has been based in mechanics and almost wholly community driven, going right back in the day in order to even play the game properly you had to be more invested in a sense:

• External factors - in your setup, in your config, in the community like IRC, in 3rd party programs Ventrilo etc.
  • Gameplay - learning relatively unintuitive mechanics (movement physics and quirks, spread patterns), learning the meta game (weapon viability, the strategical component).

Halo struggles because most mechanics have always been presented by the developers rather than being introduced as variables for manipulation. We basically have to try and decode what's going on (e.g. kill times being found out through counting frames rather than being explicitly told or having a .txt file to go off damages / RoF) before having a say in the conversation. Once we have all these details then we can have some real conversations about improving H5's mechanics, which is how it has always been.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I swear :beyond: stays :salt:

Just because the game isn't going to have every single friggen element that YOU think is best for the game doesn't mean this game is trash.

(Some) Team Beyond Staff always feels the need to highlight the negatives that THEY dislike, but rarely harp on the positives.

Sad that this is the place Halo fans must go to stay relevant in the Halo Community, although it's mostly a warzone here.

Youre kidding yourself mate.

Lets not fill this thread with an in depth analysis of TeamBeyond behaviour, and let's talk about the given topic, Halo 5, instead of filling pages of people saying how wrong you are.

Most of us are unhappy with a lot of things. We have forums-worth explaining why.

The launch day content is, to me personally, not worth a half eaten sandwich. Do I think the game is trash? no. Do I voice my qualms? yes, we all do. This is an amazing forum, at least appreciate its existence rather than bitch about it OT.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's rather the wording and focusing only on the negative without giving feedback in a constructive manner. Look at /r/GlobalOffensive for example, you definitely have your share of whiny bitches there too, but the amount of thoughtout and constructive feedback the community give over there compared to what I'm reading here (e.g. whueeah, Team Doubles not on launch, whuueaah!) is baffling me. Not that there aren't any here, it definitely is, but they're completely overshadowed by the insane amount of snarky, reduntant comments and oversaturated by GIF's to express reactions.

I'm mostly responding due to the fact that the way I'm interpreting this, you don't think saying Team Doubles is important is good feedback.

You seem to follow CS a fair amount, and I'm assuming you enjoy it. How do you think the community would react if the competitive playlist was removed from the game? There would be no 5v5, no ranks, nothing. Do you think they would appreciate that?

That's how we feel with no Team Doubles. It feels like a core part of the game was taken out, and it's not like 2v2 is hard to implement, you change the score of Team Slayer and lower the player count.

At this point, I'm wondering if Team Doubles isn't in the game because it played horribly in testing and they realized 2v2 isn't fun in Halo 5. Sadly I'll have to wait to find out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We have had in the past threads that have detailed substantive constructive feedback on mechanics and such but you work with what you're given.

Well, you can see the admins here locks any thread regarding Halo 5 and sends them to the big Halo 5 thread. I can understand to a certain extent, because people have the tendency to post the same topic on and on, however, that's why you have moderators and you merge the same topics together, and add those topics to a list stickied.

CS from the very outset has been based in mechanics and almost wholly community driven, going right back in the day in order to even play the game properly you had to be more invested in a sense:

• External factors - in your setup, in your config, in the community like IRC, in 3rd party programs Ventrilo etc.
  • Gameplay - learning relatively unintuitive mechanics (movement physics and quirks, spread patterns), learning the meta game (weapon viability, the strategical component).

That's only natural because the game was given 6 updates (1.0 to 1.6) and essentially left for dead (hue). Same thing with BroodWar and every single other competitive game that shared the same faith. They were completely community driven and the whole game revolved around unintentional mechanics, imbalanced power spikes, and so forth.

Halo struggles because most mechanics have always been presented by the developers rather than being introduced as variables for manipulation. We basically have to try and decode what's going on (e.g. kill times being found out through counting frames rather than being explicitly told or having a .txt file to go off damages / RoF) before having a say in the conversation. Once we have all these details then we can have some real conversations about improving H5's mechanics, which is how it has always been.

Most of that is because consoles are a closed system, whereas PC is more of an open system, so data mining or just looking through files is a lot easier. Additionally, where we can't find any answers through data mining, we make scripts to do the tests for us, like this guy does. It isn't Valve who's presenting us the numbers. Personally, I wish PC was a hybrid of the two, where gaming was in a closed system so that cheating was a heck of a lot harder to do, while other stuff was in an open system.

Edit:

I'm mostly responding due to the fact that the way I'm interpreting this, you don't think saying Team Doubles is important is good feedback.

You seem to follow CS a fair amount, and I'm assuming you enjoy it. How do you think the community would react if the competitive playlist was removed from the game? There would be no 5v5, no ranks, nothing. Do you think they would appreciate that?

That's how we feel with no Team Doubles. It feels like a core part of the game was taken out, and it's not like 2v2 is hard to implement, you change the score of Team Slayer and lower the player count.

At this point, I'm wondering if Team Doubles isn't in the game because it played horribly in testing and they realized 2v2 isn't fun in Halo 5. Sadly I'll have to wait to find out.

There would definitely be an uproar if a popular game mode was removed from the game. That's only natural. However, CS have time and time gone through shitstorms, and the community is still willing to give proper in-depth and thoughtout proposals for how and why something should be changed.

It's the overwhelming amount of "I want 3-shot pistols, 343, god, you so stupid!" that's overshadowing the constructive feedback in a 2K long thread, so it never spawns any fruitful discussion than be, let me quote Thorin, a fuckin' absolute clusterfuck cesspit of insanely ******** logic and reasoning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who was hoping for a clan/squad playlist where you create a team with3 other people and each match made game was a bo3 on different maps/game types? Get the tournament experience from home in matchmaking.

Doubles was referred to as a "niche" playlist in 343s latest waypoint update.

It was either getting low population, or they're making up bs to cover themselves for not having it. Neither scenario would surprise me.

kind of not the same. 2v2 is not the main game mode for competitive since ce. 4v4 is there for h5 with their hcs Playlist. Csgo does have a lot of problems (gameplay wise) which is why people bitch. niWhat he is trying to say is that while doubles is important, the way majority of people express or show their feedback is not the right way to get the attention of 343. Idk I guess everyone is sensitive now everywhere lol but adding snarky comments and jifs with "feedback" can take away from the main point of the discussion. dankIt just seems like a lot of the posts on beyond give off a vibe of hate with the posts like they are insinuating 343 are a bunch of ******* lol. Sorry for the rough grammar haha.