CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Holy hell, I actually had a thread dedicated to my username and puns associated to it. Rly.

It was ruining this thread. I love puns but it was getting out of hand. 

And yes I am a new moderator.

People complaining about the possibility of radar in Team Arena that's because the HCS/MLG Playlist is probably still be built by the Pro Team/MLG I would assume anyway, if we don't have a team Doubles Playlist I highly doubt we will get a competitive tournament style Playlist.

It will likely come later on

At least that's how I see things.

People complaining about the possibility of radar in Team Arena that's because the HCS/MLG Playlist is probably still be built by the Pro Team/MLG I would assume anyway, if we don't have a team Doubles Playlist I highly doubt we will get a competitive tournament style Playlist.

At least that's how I see things.

Considering they're saying it used the same settings as the HCS will, it seems they've already made the competitive playlist, which is why having radar baffles me

@@Sal1ent

Will we be able to make the "Flag Slayer" game mode from Halo: Reach?

i.e.

1 point for a kill, 50 points for a flag cap, first to 200 points?

Was a really really good game mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Arena is the competitive playlist; it is killing two birds with one stone.

It contains the initial game types that will be in the HCS rotation (these were selected with the help of Pro Team), and will therefore be the competitive playlist. However, in the past competitive playlist population dwindled because it was just filled with try-hards and no casual player wanted to play in 'MLG' or 'Team Hardcore'.

Now, they've simply named it Team Arena, and referred to it as an essential 'grab bag' of the best Arena game types (in addition to being the only place to play Objective game types). Now this playlist will hopefully receive a healthy population boost because it will likely be at the top of the list, and people will select it when they want generic Arena gameplay.

Considering they're saying it used the same settings as the HCS will, it seems they've already made the competitive playlist, which is why having radar baffles me

Radar has nerfed range and triggers only when people Sprint, Thrust, or Shoot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Arena is the competitive playlist; it is killing two birds with one stone.

It contains the initial game types that will be in the HCS rotation (these were selected with the help of Pro Team), and will therefore be the competitive playlist. However, in the past competitive playlist population dwindled because it was just filled with try-hards and no casual player wanted to play in 'MLG' or 'Team Hardcore'.

Now, they've simply named it Team Arena, and referred to it as an essential 'grab bag' of the best Arena game types (in addition to being the only place to play Objective game types). Now this playlist will hopefully receive a healthy population boost because it will likely be at the top of the list, and people will select it when they want generic Arena gameplay.

I'm aware and I like the secondary nerf to sprint but in competitive I would just prefer it gone as a whole

Can you post a source for this??

Watch any of the Arena gameplay from the last month or so.

I'm aware and I like the secondary nerf to sprint but in competitive I would just prefer it gone as a whole

It's absolutely necessary if we're going to have sprint in the game.

My solution then would be to make it only show up during a thrust or sprint in competitive then. I don't think you need it when someone is shooting

Yeah I don't think that's true... In all gameplay I've seen, you still show on the radar if you aren't sprinting/thrusting/shooting. That only applies if you have Active Camo, otherwise you're always on the radar unless you are not/slowly moving.

Yeah, sprint is getting hammered. Can't recharge shields, you make that thruster noise when sprinting and now you are seen on the map. 

I'm glad.

My solution then would be to make it only show up during a thrust or sprint in competitive then. I don't think you need it when someone is shooting

You're going to hear someone shooting that close to you anyway. It won't make a difference.

Yeah, sprint is getting hammered. Can't recharge shields, you make that thruster noise when sprinting and now you are seen on the map. 

I'm glad.

Yep, but just because they're nerfing a mechanic that should have never been in the game in the first place, doesn't mean they fixed it. It needs to be omitted entirely. This needs to be advocated for HCS season 2 and not be toned out by the possible anti-Breakout suggestions as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yep, but just because they're nerfing a mechanic that should have never been in the game in the first place, doesn't mean they fixed it. It needs to be omitted entirely. This needs to be advocated for HCS season 2 and not be toned out by the possible anti-Breakout suggestions as well.

That's not going to happen with 343's inconsistent consistency. The nerfs sprint have received are the best compromise we could have gotten outside of sprinting providing no speed boost.

I've watched a lot of footage and never saw this a single time. Could you post a specific video or anything? I'm kinda confused now.

"I have an idea! Let's nerf sprint to the point where nobody can really use it rather than remove it! But let's keep the maps stretched because of it because that makes sense!" -343

I'm with you but sprint will never leave Halo now and I feel powerless arguing against it.

That's not going to happen with 343's inconsistent consistency. The nerfs sprint have received are the best compromise we could have gotten outside of sprinting providing no speed boost.

There's a fallacy for that, forgot what it's called. But implementing a mechanic that hinders the gameplay greatly and then nerfing it to where it hinders the gameplay considerably less isn't a fix. It needs to be gone entirely.

343 has said that they will judge Spint in HCS season 1. This is our chance to get rid of it. Advocate for it.

I've watched a lot of footage and never saw this a single time. Could you post a specific video or anything? I'm kinda confused now.

3:09. You can see a couple of enemies run right in front of the guy without a dot on the radar appearing.

I get the feeling that having the few playlists is a caution from 343 that their matchmaking might not be at 100% on launch. Although I hope my feeling is wrong, if it is not, then it is just that whoever is making these playlists at 343 doesn't know what they are doing, and that could be even worse.

Why is it so hard to have something like

Warzone

- Insert warzone sub-playlists here

Big Team Battle

-Coming soon (lol)

Arena - Ranked

- Team Slayer

- Team objective (more than CTF and strongholds)

- HCS (mix of slayer and objective with HCS settings, again, more than CTF and strongholds)

Arena - Social

(identical playlists to ranked, but 5v5 to allow more friends to party up, and also not ranked - but still has CSR, it's just hidden. This allows games to stay semi-competitive, and if you have "that guy" on your team then maybe the other team also gets "that guy" too lol)

- Team Social Slayer

- Team Social Objective

SWAT

- no sub-playlists needed AS ITS FUCKING SWAT

Breakout

FFA

Team Snipers

Team Doubles

Grifball​

Boom, done.

Am I missing something here?

Edit: added grifball, and some semblance of formatting

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I don't think that's true... In all gameplay I've seen, you still show on the radar if you aren't sprinting/thrusting/shooting. That only applies if you have Active Camo, otherwise you're always on the radar unless you are not/slowly moving.

In case this doesn't link properly, start watching at 5:27, at 5:30 you will see somebody that pops up on the radar after shooting the plasma caster. This doesn't confirm sprint/thruster making you pop up on the radar, but the guy was walking around before that and wasn't on the radar. Hopefully that's enough to at least prove you're not on the radar while moving normally.