CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Keep this in mind. Halo 4 launched with 9 playlists.

- Infinity Slayer (4v4)
- Big Team Infinity Slayer (8v8)
- Dominion (6v6)
- Regicide (6 players FFA)
- Flood (10 players)
- CTF (5v5)
- Oddball (5v5)
- King of the Hill (5v5)
- Team Slayer Pro (4v4)

Not the best list; however, we had several objective gamemodes, BTB, Flood (close to infection) and a playlist different from normal slayer. 

Halo 5's playlist is... for me... disappointing.

- Team Slayer (4v4)
- Free-For-All (6-8 FFA)
- Team SWAT (4v4)
- Breakout (4v4)
- Team Arena (Exact same Breakout/TS 4v4)
- Warzone (12v12)
- Warzone Assault (12v12)

A lot of repetitions (Warzone-Warzone Assault & Team Arena being pretty much the same Breakout and Slayer, including CTF/Strong).

Missing playlists/gamemodes (KotH, Oddball, Infection, Griffball, for example).
And didn't learn from past mistakes (Team Doubles, Team Snipers, etc,)

In my opinion, this is pretty bad. A lot of content missing, and if this is their plan for maintaining a population... that's a bit cruel man. Don't cut content or plan content after launch if this type of content is supposed to be/ should be day one. Forge? I kind of understand that perspective, but BTB? Oddball? KotH? all under the carpet for Warzone? Breakout? Come on, you even created gametypes and maintained the classic ones in Halo 4 and launched them all in their own playlists for a few weeks!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't say I never played any games with AA/BM off on a gamepad in Halo Online/H1 PC. In fact I said I've been playing for a week now. And I said I played Halo 1 PC with no AA/BM on a controller for a year on and off.

I said I can hardly ever get an actual 4v4 game with competent players, and recording gameplay against scrubs is pointless as Pyroteq quipped.

The servers and player base is currently insanely inconsistent because most are probably playing the vanilla game or some stupid infection bullshit.

If I'm going to record gameplay, I want to do so against people who know what the hell a strafe is, what a gandhi hop is, etc.  

We don't care about watching a FR4GG1N-LIK3-A-Pr0 gameplay. Unless literally everyone you fight just walks in a straight line, it will be painfully obviously whether or not you can land the majority of your shots. 

You realize, of course, that you will also literally need to record yourself holding a controller while you play if you actually care about convincingly proving this to us. 

The info I really want is party restrictions on Ranked Match Making is it team vs team only or what ever is fastest?

Pro vs Pro / Pro vs Bronze how is this side of mm going to work.

That's the kinds of things that really pass people off.

I hope it's team vs team and not anyone vs anyone like MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

And this isn't good enough for a gameplay of him demonstrating his clearly superior skills? 

I think he's full of shit. 

LOL:

A whole week! Wow! Please, tell me more about this expert knowledge of playing no auto aim (against what I can only assume to be bad players) for a week.

can't win you fuckers

• Downvote (-1) 1

We don't care about watching a FR4GG1N-LIK3-A-Pr0 gameplay. Unless literally everyone you fight just walks in a straight line, it will be painfully obviously whether or not you can land the majority of your shots. 

"A whole week! Wow! Please, tell me more about this expert knowledge of playing no auto aim (against what I can only assume to be bad players) for a week."

-Pyroteq 

If Im going to do this, Im doing right to remove all doubts.

You realize, of course, that you will also literally need to record yourself holding a controller while you play if you actually care about convincingly proving this to us.

I will record myself with the controller, and a lime on my desk. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I stopped giving a damn since the argument's sooooooo fruitless and pointless now.

Maybe this next 5,000 word post will convince you!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where do I get it? I'll play

Jesus christ, finally. 

Download this first (free):

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

Then, the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/32d53w/how_to_play_halo_online_on_your_pc_stepbystep/

Set up your keys on the controller however you want in this program, and minimize it so it could run it in the background.

Load up Halo Online, launch server browser, join "OJ SIMPSON DID 9/11" with password being "Team Beyond"

• Oddball
  • King of the Hill
  • Extraction
  • Infection
  • VIP
  • Headhunter
  • Juggernaut
  • Assault
  • Regicide
  • Grifball
  • Race
  • Stockpile

All these gametypes are not in matchmaking. Cool, fine, whatever. Are they available for custom games!?

• Upvote (+1) 1

i usually can't stand how childish and irrational the doomsayers are around here. It's usually so quick to judge and unnecessarily harsh but...

...this is bad.

The launch playlists are bad. If they're waiting for 2-4 weeks to implement some new modes or game types or playlists... They're gonna have a bad time trying to get people to be excited or care when the hype of battlefront or BLOPS is on everybody's mind.

"Hey guys, oddball is back!"

Meanwhile BLOPS3 launches and everybody is going fucking nuts.

I've been more on the positive and optimistic side of everything 343 has been doing lately (well not everything but a lot of stuff), but this is either a really bad idea or simply an inability to test and or create the game modes in time.

Also, what's up with the maps? 20 maps at launch and it feels like there is only 5 or 6 arena maps.

Regret is not in enough playlists and it seems like a lot of the breakout maps counted as maps.

Now, I'm NOT calling doom on Halo 5, it's the most fun I've had in a halo game since 2, but damn, this is not a good look.

Doubles, snipers, oddball, koth, assault, come on guys. These are proven staples, PLEASE reconsider.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Seriously all it takes is a team doubles playlist, a big team battle playlist and a team objective playlist filled with all these game types and everyone is happy.  

Why not add these three extra playlists when the population is at it's largest?  It's so fucking simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously all it takes is a team doubles playlist, a big team battle playlist and a team objective playlist filled with all these game types and everyone is happy.  

Why not add these three extra playlists when the population is at it's largest?  It's so fucking simple.

But how else can one cultivate a population!?!?!?

• Upvote (+1) 1

By trying to make halo their baby 343 is going to scare off damn near everyone that grew up with this franchise. It's one thing to give a game an identity to call your own, but by slowly trying to remove parts that we've been accustomed to since the GOAT H1 they're basically making a game that we simply don't recognize as time goes on. There is literally no reason to not have all those gametypes missing and i refuse to them "classic gametypes" because that seems like an excuse to not inject them into a "new"game and to bring them back as content later down the line, when they are simply..."halo gametypes" that should have been in a halo game from day one. This is unacceptable.

I fail to see the issue with this. I would take optional micro-transactions in a casual game mode in order to get Free DLC for every game.  

Yeah, and REQ are more catered to people who have no patience and (or) just have cash to burn.

What in the world is this guy talking about:

Bronze Packs cost 1250 REQ Points and contain 12 cards (Common, chance for 1 permanent card)

Silver Packs cost 5000 REQ Points (or $1.99 USD) and contain 15 cards (Common - Rare, 2 guaranteed permanent cards)

Golden Packs cost 10000 REQ Points (or $2.99 USD) and contain 15 cards (Uncommon - Legendary, 2 guaranteed permanent cards)

REQ Points: REQ Points are your in-game currency. You earn REQ Points for playing any kind of multiplayer match, excluding custom games. Players will earn roughly 2000 REQ Points per game of Warzone, and roughly 1000 REQ Points per game of Arena.

Like seriously, remove the zeros if that is confusing to you. If you don't want to pay, then simply don't pay and use it as a random XP progression system.

I don't think it's going to be that hard getting XP either. Like everyone else is saying, "Just play the fuckin game". Ok I added "fuckin".

No offense, I used to watch this guy a lot. Sometimes I agree with his videos and what he's saying, but most of the time I don't. This is one of those videos.

He honestly sounds like he's talking out of his ass half the time.

Yeah, he's been going at it yesterday and today.

How difficult it is to pronounce "rek"

and fuck that was painful to watch his tone make it sounded like the microtrantions in 5 are as worse to that of Evolve

Yeah, I don't know how it's so difficult for him to pronounce that.

Ehhhh, however shitty and dishonest the idea of microtransactions are at heart (especially when they can directly affect gameplay), Halo 5's setup is probably the least intrusive I can think of. Cards only count toward Warzone and the vast majority of them are skins. 

The real shit-show about them is RNGesus, Mass Effect 3 style. 

To extent it does favor those who are willing to throw money away. But still, you can get the packs easily in my eyes. Are there better ways to make these microtransactions better? Yeah, but I'm not going to go list them, which will result me going all out.

Do I think microtransactions can be good? If done right then yes, it can benefit the gaming industry. But if companies are exploiting the shit out of microtransactions, then fuck'em, those companies don't deserve the money.