CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Will JMacz finally post somewhere so I can throw some neg his way. He negs pretty much every post that talks down about halo 5 and I'd like to return some of the neg.

Halo MCC will have a better population than that for many years to come. That's good enough for me.

Are you sure? The game still doesn't work properly MM wise and it's come to a point where even I as a diehard fan am close to just saying fuck it and moving on.

The majority of not so hard core fans and potential new fans I would imagine are long gone by now. Even if they fix the system search time will still be slow because of the decreasing population...

I'm not even mad at this point, just sad.

As I said earlier, the only people this system is a negative for are those who liked to pubstomp against noobs who don't know timers. Personally I don't really care about those kind of players because their preferred style of play is directly in opposition to the purpose of a good matchmaking system (which it's looking like H5 will have).

Pretty much before you could get power weapons completely uncontested if you were playing against new players/bad kids simply because of the fact that they had no idea where or when the power weapons spawned.

This will increase the overall skill gap of the game because if you want control of the power weapons you will need coordination and teamwork to do so it won't be a cake walk anymore to get them.

Only the people who K/D whore against lesser skilled players will have a problem with this update. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The power weapon indicators drive me crazier with each gameplay that I see. Bad kids shouldn't be rewarded...ever.

This kind of mentality is toxic for the community

Just because the Kid didn't know that there's gonna be a fucking power weapon spawning there doesn't mean his bad it just mean that he doesn't fucking know.

I'd rather have a feature that immediately tells newbies/casuals/fans that power weapons are kind of a big deal in the game that must be taken care with than have teammates that have no idea where to go or where to expect the fights from happening that's even worse imho.

Memorization isn't skill 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't know how that would work. If you've already made the jump by skill jumping it, then what's left for there to Clamber? I'm probably misunderstanding your suggestion.

jXwzagP.png

cheap mspaint diagram

you do the skill jump to reach the point where you can clamber and if you fail you fall to your death or whatever

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's just too much shit. 

Then ask for the option to turn off stuff that bothers you

-Spartan Chatter

-Indications 

-Maybe some of the redundant medal announcements...

Speaking of announcers the one in this game talks too much... but what ever

• Upvote (+1) 1

jXwzagP.png

cheap mspaint diagram

you do the skill jump to reach the point where you can clamber and if you fail you fall to your death or whatever

I can make the exact sam diagram with the first picture player using clamb to just reach the ledge and the second picture him jumping wrong and not being able to clamb cuz he is a. to low or b. not close to the ledge... Different meganics makes for different type of skill jumps.

Then ask for the option to turn off stuff that bothers you

-Spartan Chatter

-Indications 

-Maybe some of the redundant medal announcements...

Speaking of announcers the one in this game talks too much... but what ever

I was referring to ground and pound, sprint without regenerating health, etc.

I was referring to ground and pound, sprint without regenerating health, etc.

oops 

Then your'e right, in gameplay there is too much... but i'd rather have variety in gameplay than fucking loadouts...

oops 

Then your'e right, in gameplay there is too much... but i'd rather have variety in gameplay than fucking loadouts...

True, but I'd also rather have original Halo than this variety they're trying to incorporate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

True, but I'd also rather have original Halo than this variety they're trying to incorporate. 

Hehe

We have a fix for that though, the Halo master chief collection but that game is completely fucking broken into oblivion..... sigh

I should be feeling envious by now but instead I am feeling glad that I have dodge a disaster... 343 wth

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hehe

We have a fix for that though, the Halo master chief collection but that game is completely fucking broken into oblivion..... sigh

I should be feeling envious by now but instead I am feeling glad that I have dodge a disaster... 343 wth

Yeah but I also want to play the current competitive game. It's really unfortunate that MCC is only going to have one year as the HCS game. 

The way sprint works atm it might aswell be removed from the game completely. In casual matchmaking games it will probably cause games to slow down to a crawl because people WILL use it to survive a fight and then have to crouch in a corner somewhere to get their shields back. At the same time for competitive players it will be pointless to use it because in most cases you will be called out and naded/shot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you sure? The game still doesn't work properly MM wise and it's come to a point where even I as a diehard fan am close to just saying fuck it and moving on.

The majority of not so hard core fans and potential new fans I would imagine are long gone by now. Even if they fix the system search time will still be slow because of the decreasing population...

I'm not even mad at this point, just sad.

If they fix it to a playable standard. I guess we will have to wait a few months to see if that will even happen.

RE: Clamber:

Have you guys been watching the videos so far? I've seen multiple instances of some guy horribly missing a jump then SHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP and he magically fart launches his way upwards with a simple button press. If they don't remove it or heavily tweak it so it requires timing and accurate, skilled jumping, it's just going to be another dynamic that further dumbs down Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If they fix it to a playable standard. I guess we will have to wait a few months to see if that will even happen.

RE: Clamber:

Have you guys been watching the videos so far? I've seen multiple instances of some guy horribly missing a jump then SHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP and he magically fart launches his way upwards with a simple button press. If they don't remove it or heavily tweak it so it requires timing and accurate, skilled jumping, it's just going to be another dynamic that further dumbs down Halo.

Not only that, but it also interrupts game-play by forcibly putting a player into an animation which he cant cancel. Call me oldschool, but I do not like QTE-like shit in my MP shooters. I want to feel in complete control of my character at all times, I dont want to accidentally press clamber and die because of it. The purpose of clamber is to dumb down another one of the Arena shooter's greatest assets which is skill jumps and using the environment and physics in combination to get places creatively.

They already are dumbing down shooting by putting in pseudo-ADS and breaking R+G combat flow, now they are dumbing down map movement by essentially eliminating skill jumps from the equation in another Halo game with shallow looking physics. Clamber is just another example that 343 does not get why players can play HCE-H2 for years of their life every week on end on the same maps and still find it fun as a competitive title, yet exit H4 after a few weeks due to mechanical inconsistency and choppy/noobified combat. They should not be advertising "Next Generation Arena Multiplayer" and then be shitting on all the fundamentals of the genre.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly. Ugh it just makes me so angry at the shitty, money driven world we live in. The biggest joke is that the Halo Reach/4/5 approach isn't even making them more money... initial sales are higher, then they drop off, along with population count, and therefore also DLC sales. Somehow they still don't get that the reason H1-3 were so successful wasn't because it was a different generation of gamers, it's because the gameplay was timeless. I pick up H1/2 today as a H3 kid and enjoy them exactly the same, because the core gameplay sticks to the same values. The graphics/sense of 'newness' are irrelevant.

I want to give them my money, if they can entertain me. Classic Halo gameplay entertains me. Gimmicky, bull in a china shop shit with crap flying everywhere, magical LSD firework explosions, HUD elements covering the screen like middle eastern headgear and some obnoxious Spartan bro yelling FUCK YEH BRAH in my ear every second is the exact opposite of entertainment. How do they not get it? It always felt like the Halo fanbase was slightly older than the CoD fanbase, and that never hindered their sales, but instead they just want to market their game at infants.

Literally the only silver lining in this is that if they really do fail to make the game good again after the beta, it actually feels like people will not give them their money this time. I sure as shit won't, and something has actually changed this time; I didn't question my purchase of Halo 4 at all because I wanted to believe, but blind faith has its limits. I will never buy another Halo release again until it has come out and proved itself worthy of my money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually after watching some more gameplay I see why clamber was added.

There's a lot of horizontal jumping  and horizontal thrusting going on, in some instances where the only way you could possibly make the jump without clambering is landing on the ground and jumping again.

If maps were smaller because of there being no sprint you could say clamber wouldn't be necessary, but it is what it is.