Slayer on Empire

Slayer on The Rig

Capture the Flag on Coliseum

Capture the Flag on Truth

Capture the Flag on Fathom

Strongholds on The Rig

Strongholds on Eden

Strongholds on Empire

I get that these are the gametypes they want to use in HCS in the beginning, but i don't understand why they're so limited. If they want these gametypes for HCS, just tell people and they'll play these in customs. This playlist at launch should be used as a test playlist for possible HCS gametypes. The way I would have it look is

Breakout on Gambol

Breakout on Trident

*Breakout on Altitude

*Breakout on Trench

*Breakout on Crossfire

Slayer on Coliseum

Slayer on Eden

Slayer on Plaza

Slayer on Empire

Slayer on The Rig

*Slayer on Truth

*Slayer on Regret

*Slayer on Fathom

*Slayer on Pegasus

*Slayer on Orion

Capture the Flag on Coliseum

Capture the Flag on Truth

Capture the Flag on Fathom

*Capture the Flag on Regret

Strongholds on The Rig

Strongholds on Eden

Strongholds on Empire

*Strongholds on Truth

*Strongholds on Regret

*Strongholds on Coliseum

Something like this. Put a shit ton of gametypes in. This gives us not only a testing environment, but it gives a SHIT TON of variety for us to play. It also puts Regret in Team Arena. I'd love some reasoning as to why it isn't there to begin with @@Sal1ent

Team Slayer should look like this:

Coliseum

Plaza

The Rig

Truth

Regret

Fathom

*Empire

*Eden

*Pegasus

*Orion

FFA should look like this:

Slayer on Eden

Slayer on Regret

Slayer on The Rig

Slayer on Plaza

Slayer on Orion

Slayer on Pegasus

*Slayer on Truth(this my included is laughable)

*Slayer on Fathom

*Slayer on Coliseum

*Slayer on Empire

Put variety in playlists. It makes ZERO sense to not use all of the arena maps in all of the playlists(that makes sense to have them in). What good does not including Truth or Coloseum in FFA do? I don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh lord, if I'm forced to play with Radar on that will be horrible.

I'd also love a 1v1 playlist, but I know that it will never happen :( .

My thoughts:

1. Slayer on Empire and Eden should be swapped with Slayer/Strongholds on Regret and Slayer on Pegasus

2. I'm iffy on the DMR on Gambol. Looks like it'll slow the game to a crawl since the map is fairly open and it isn't too hard to use

3. Will Team Arena have radar?

4. Please tell me they're not doing rotational playlists for Snipers and Doubles again. Every time they tried that they wound up eventually making both permanent in the end, so why not just make the permanent from the start?

5. Infection should always be permanent due to its huge popularity

@@Sal1ent

Can you confirm if Team Arena will feature a radar? If so, will it be disabled in the HCS tournaments?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Isn't radar nerfed now? Something along the lines of people not showing up on it unless they sprint or shoot (on top of the tiny radius), which doubles as a sprint nerf?

Or we're looking too far into this and it's a given that radar will be removed for competitive (since it was removed during the invitational).

Hopefully it's out and I'm just reaching. But this nerf sounds reasonable if that's the case.

HCS season 1 will be...less than ideal to put it in polite  words.

HCS season 1 will be fucking shitty as fuck. There. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This list isn't that bad compared to other releases I guess. But 2 juggernaut mp games are coming out after halo 5, blops 3 and battlefront. 343 needs to have a better lineup for release. What happens if the highlight game mode warzone flops with casuals and they get bored after a week?

The reason it was disabled at Gamescom was because they probably hadn't modified it yet.

Now Radar is super nerfed in both range and functionality. I'm still not a fan but I can tolerate it. Cool to see that HCS will be 100% vanilla settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ok, I've got a theory.

Someone bookmark this post because you might want to come back and quote it in a few years time when Halo 6 comes out.

343 is testing the waters to see just how low they can make the kill times.

Think about it. CoD is insanely popular.

Why? Because literally ANYONE can get a kill. You can spray an SMG at someone's leg from 100m away and be rewarded with a kill. CoD makes everyone feel like a god because even a player with no thumbs is likely to end the match with at least a couple of kills.

343 wants to push Breakout as their "competitive" game type. Now imagine if the kill times in Breakout became the standard. 343 could then use this as a baseline for Halo 6 and then make the kill times even faster.

But this won't be the faster kill times we actually want (Halo 1 pistol), this will be the kind of kill times where AR's are able to get kills in just a short burst at long range.

The kill times will never be as quick as CoD since it doesn't fit the Halo lore - But I think they're going to try hard to get them closer.

While times have changed i still think this quote still rings true to many of the changes made for H5

"From the beginning there’s been a philosophy of expanding the experience to as many people as possible. If only for the fact that the larger community you have playing the game the better the experience is. There’s a recognition that there’s a real difference between player knowledge and skill and in a lot of cases there’s a lot of secret knowledge that gives players a massive advantage against another player. You can be highly skilled and enter into a Halo match for the first time and because they don’t know where the rocket launcher spawns or they don’t understand some of the nuances of the game, they come in and get completely destroyed and dominated. As a result, they get very frustrated."

"For us it’s been about stripping away those layers of hidden knowledge and put players on an even footing so that a player can come in and understand the rules of the game and be successful. This allows skill to shine through and that’s our philosophy. It is a little different to the way Halo games have approached multiplayer in the past and I know it’s going to be one of things that’s hotly debated within the community. But, we feel really confidant that this decision is the right move based on the testing that we’ve done and makes for a much more fun experience for everyone."

accessibility and manufacturing player satisfaction is the key ideal, while it is an ideal for every company to some extent, there's a big difference between keeping that in mind and it being your primary focus, imo it gets in the way of creativity when things bend to that focus. 

Hold on, I just thought of this. So, if you only show up on radar when you're sprinting, doesn't that make normal running equivalent to crouch walking across the map? Forcing yourself to go slower than everyone else so that you don't get seen on radar?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's basically the same as it is in the Team Slayer playlist right now? 

Hold on, I just thought of this. So, if you only show up on radar when you're sprinting, doesn't that make normal running equivalent to crouch walking across the map? Forcing yourself to go slower than everyone else so that you don't get seen on radar?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, it's basically the same as it is in the Team Slayer playlist right now? 

You're understanding this wrong. By default, you'd show up on the radar by running normally. If now, you only show up by sprinting, then normal running got buffed against sprinting (or sprint was nerfed against normal running, however you want to look at it).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know there's no chance of this but this is how I would have done it:

Ranked:

Team Arena (eventually renamed to Halo Championship series)

Team Doubles

Free For All

BTB

Social:

Breakout

Infection

Team Slayer

Team Snipers

Team Swat

Warzone

Warzone Assault--ideally just another gametype in Warzone, though player count probably differs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is embarrassing. Only 2 objectives in the whole game Wtf have you been doing for 3 years. 343 how is there no oddball, koth, assault, territories, race gametypes? You lame ass launch playlists. Shoulda just condensed all the warzone shit in one playlist. Breakout doesnt need to be in team arena gametype is garbage. No doubles at launch? And theres radar in arena whos bright idea was that?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Shooting, sprinting, thrusting, etc. trigger the Radar. There could be other things too but its going to punish people who are abusing abilities, in addition to having weapon lowered and such.

Man I'm with Saucey on this.

This is a huge bummer. Launch playlists and gametypes should be the one thing you DON'T fuckup.

And guess what?

THEY FUCKED IT UP

EDIT: I hope you guys realize Arena is launching with 5 playlists.

Team Arena

Team Slayer
Free-For-All

Breakout

And SWAT

How can people be ok with this?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You have a bit of brown on your nose.

you're ninja xiq from the waypoint forums right? didn't you solely sign up to this site because you were upset that devs didn't communicate directly through their site and instead through other sites? don't worry champ Josh Holmes will recognize you one day.

The announcement of launch playlists is the perfect opportunity for pros to make content. Record yourself talking about the playlists/your opinions on the playlists. Easy to make and people will watch.

I bought A50s, and they are just fine. Then again, I got mine for 220 from amazon.

Still horrendously over priced. I'm coming from turtle beach x41s from 2008 which were superior in literally every aspect. I was very disappointed with my a50s

• Upvote (+1) 1

We get the best radar a halo game has had but it will still be detrimental and slow down gameplay. I hope it doesn't stick around in arena for too long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait to search Team Arena at 12:01, and play breakout as my first game of Halo 5 /s

Still horrendously over priced. I'm coming from turtle beach x41s from 2008 which were superior in literally every aspect. I was very disappointed with my a50s

Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here with my DT-990s wondering what's the point of gaming headphones.