CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You know what really sucks though. If people don't enjoy Breakout in HCS and they advocate it to be taken out, and then if 343 does take it out, they'll be praised as listening to the community when it shouldn't even have been a problem in the first place and we'll likely still have Sprint in HCS.

Yeah its annoying when people brag about overcoming addiction as if it makes them incredible or something, sure its good, but to pretend its an accomplishment is wrong I think, you are just righting your wrong.

That being said I don't think 343i intentionally wants to do that, its not like they purposefully put in bad ideas simply to remove them later as a way to hear people say that they are "listening"

• Downvote (-1) 4

Yes.

Breakout is in HCS at launch, it will be removed from Team Arena if the Pro's give negative feedback. Everyone chill out rofl

If it's in HCS with other gametypes then that's not a 100% breakout playlist lol..

If it's in HCS with other gametypes then that's not a 100% breakout playlist lol..

There's a standalone Breakout playlist.

Oh man I can't wait for the stalemates in HCS Breakout maps. 

Someone in the audience needs to yell "This isn't Rainbow Six!". 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I forgot how unpopular Doubles, and Snipers were in Halo 2, Halo 3 were. Fucking shit for brains.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes. 

Breakout is in HCS at launch, it will be removed from Team Arena if the Pro's give negative feedback. Everyone chill out rofl

See below

About Breakout, I've been holding this back because I'm not sure if I can put it in words well but I'll give it a shot. I 100% understand the argument that we have to try it first. Though with the history of this series, the "we'll gather feedback and judge it from there" statements from Bungie/343 usually means "we're saying this so we can put this in Halo with less resistance from the community, and then we'll never take it out regardless of feedback." That's what I'm worried about.

Lets just say that I'm as confident Breakout will be taken out of HCS as I am that Sprint will be taken out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I forgot how unpopular Doubles, and Snipers were in Halo 2, Halo 3 were. Fucking shit for brains.

They'd find a way to fuck it up by putting in Breakout or something.

HCS Season 1 of Halo 5: Guardians will be using the variants from Team Arena.

It can be removed mid season, or even a pre-season tournament to test competitive viability.

It can be removed mid season, or even a pre-season tournament to test competitive viability.

Has this ever happened before?

I know we almost added Ricochet in and almost added Forge maps but did we ever flat out remove something because it was bad (not because it was broken).

Has this ever happened before?

I know we almost added Ricochet in and almost added Forge maps but did we ever flat out remove something because it was bad (not because it was broken).

If I'm not mistaken, we added Oddball mid-season and I want to say we either removed or stopped using Warlord KoTH at some point.

They'd find a way to fuck it up by putting in Breakout or something.

I never played Breakout during the Beta because it looked like a shitty version of Team Tactical from Halo 3. 

Yes. 

yeah guys chill out rofl

It's not like 343 has a track record of horribly mismanaging the playlists and taking forever to actually react to community feedback

• Upvote (+1) 5

yeah guys chill out rofl

It's not like 343 has a track record of horribly mismanaging the playlists and taking forever to actually react to community feedback

But.. but.. but.. multiple studios and such...

#Sustain bruh lol  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

rcQBz8w.png?1

Looks like radar might be in HCS for now.

Isn't radar nerfed now? Something along the lines of people not showing up on it unless they sprint or shoot (on top of the tiny radius), which doubles as a sprint nerf?

Or we're looking too far into this and it's a given that radar will be removed for competitive (since it was removed during the invitational).

• Upvote (+1) 2