CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If you count Breakout as a deathmatch mode (which it basically is since killing is your big goal) then some variant of Slayer counts for fully 50% of Team Arena.

Personally I think Breakout and one of the 4 Slayer variants needs to be cut ASAP and replaced with 3 gametypes of a new objective mode as soon as we get it (Oddball or Extraction sounds good right about now, and I'd even be partial to seeing how 1 Flag could work if by some miracle it has stopwatch timing to prevent people playing for ties).

EDIT: Gentleman's agreement to tie all Breakout games in Team Arena anyone? :P

FFA DOESN'T HAVE OBJECTIVE.

BEST

DAY

EVER

Because there are no FFA objective modes in Halo 5 at all lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Saying casual will miss oddball or koth is wrong imo. Most of casual play swat or slayer.

I think sniper is going to be missed by casual yes.

Saying swat is a weekend playlist and asking for sniper is a nonsense to me. We should have both at the start. Swat is very popular. And double team of course.

But we should be having oddball and koth in the game and also extraction.

Wait what? Breakout is in Team Arena? 343, wtf? Why can't I just play my normal Halo with shields, grenades and melee that only take down shields?

Can I not just have a Halo 4v4 playlists. Is that really so much to ask?

I cannot stress this enough. This has to be changed. Breakout has a playlists. Leave it out of Team Arena.

They already want to test Breakout in the HCS for people to play it and judge it appropriately rather than avoid it all together because we believe it doesn't belong in the HCS, it's only fair. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They already want to test Breakout in the HCS for people to play it and judge it appropriately rather than avoid it all together because we believe it doesn't belong in the HCS, it's only fair. 

I wouldn't even be upset if there was a Team Objective playlist. As it stands, I'm literally not allowed to play Stronghold or CTF without the chance of Breakout or Slayer coming up 50% of the time and ruining my fun.

Quitters = Cancer of the Halo community

And Breakout is pure radiation. If you don't want to get cancer, give us a way to avoid it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EDIT: Gentleman's agreement to tie all Breakout games in Team Arena anyone? :P

Funnily enough, in its current state the best possible strategy 2 teams can execute on paper will ALWAYS end in a tie since playing defensively is always your best option.

Assuming players care more about winning than having fun both teams should just be camping their base and never peaking into LOS.

No gentlemens agreement required. Just play to win and the results are the same.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If that's true, then putting what is essentially SWAT in rotation in the team slayer default playlist is basically AIDS.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Putting breakout in the same playlist without giving breakout it's own playlist is what causes the cancer.

Putting breakout in the same playlist without giving breakout it's own playlist is what causes the cancer.

Wanna hear the best part? Breakout has its own fucking playlist!

The playlists for Halo 5 at launch is what I expected it to be so I'm not outraged that they didn't include Team Snipers or Team Doubles, but I am disappointed that they couldn't include at least one of the two for launch. Why in the hell is Truth not in the map rotation for FFA?

I agree it is stupid but the arguement made in the link is simply incorrect because of the existance of TS.

Ugh, going to make another post then so it's not debated because of semantics. I'm so tired of 'modern Halo' being forced onto us who enjoy the classic Halo settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Line up looks pretty solid to me. Oct. 27th needs to hurry up

I wouldn't even be upset if there was a Team Objective playlist. As it stands, I'm literally not allowed to play Stronghold or CTF without the chance of Breakout or Slayer coming up 50% of the time and ruining my fun.

And Breakout is pure radiation. If you don't want to get cancer, give us a way to avoid it.

I'm floored by just how shit these playlists are. I want to play objective. The chance of gettting slayer doesn't bother me thaaaat much, but fuck this other nonsense. Breakout needs to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After seeing Quinn's tweet and looking at IGN's article again, here's the day one playlists in a readable format.

Team Arena

• Breakout on Gambol
  • Breakout on Trident
  • Slayer on Coliseum
  • Slayer on Eden
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on Empire
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • Capture the Flag on Coliseum
  • Capture the Flag on Truth
  • Capture the Flag on Fathom
  • Strongholds on The Rig
  • Strongholds on Eden
  • Strongholds on Empire

I can deal with trying breakout and seeing how it goes. What concerns me more is having Empire and Eden in there so much. I understand that they're remixes and different in many ways but at their most basic level, they are very similar maps. It's almost like one map is getting 4 gametypes. If at least one or two of those Empire/Eden combos gets switched out for another map, especially for Slayer, I would feel better about this Arena playlist. Just my opinion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also

Why doesn't TS have eden, empire, pegasus and orion?

Do you really want to have Eden and Empire in there as well? I wish 343 would remove them from Arena TS...

Times like this make me wish that there was a veto option in Halo 5. Keep Breakout in the Breakout playlist please, it doesn't even have the vanilla settings that you pushed HCS to have. If Breakout is in HCS then why not remove sprint? It is pretty much the same thing tbh because neither are vanilla.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1