CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's Team Arena. Separating the main 4v4 playlists from competitive settings shouldn't be needed in a Halo game anyway.

This is exactly why I brought up this point in a post replied to @Sal1ient a couple weeks back. I stated that IGN does a horrible job in covering Halo. If it's not this, it's them asking 343 question that everyone already knows the answer too in interviews. Please stop relying on these people, 343.

Yuppppp. Sites like IGN, Gamespot, Beyond, etc are all going to pick up this news regardless if you give them exclusive rights. If you want to pay Times magazine or some other huge site to do it that wouldn't normally cover Halo, that's great but relying on IGN to do it is just awful.

You have Waypoint, please use it.

In the initial 21 I wouldn't be too surprised to count Forge variants, but I don't think they'd count as post-launch content because we know that the community will produce better Forge maps than 343, so what gets put into MM would be dependent on what gets made by us.

I hope there are unrevealed maps but if this is the case I'm cool with it.

Team Arena population is going to be soooooo low lol.

Casuals won't play it because it will be the most competitive playlist and it has a lot of objective.

Competitive players won't play it because it has breakout.

Breakout players won't play it because there is already a ranked 100% breakout playlist.

Who is left?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really hope they're not doing that. It wouldn't make sense.

Welcome to modern game design mate.

I can't recall the last time a game launched with more than a dozen multiplayer maps.

As a comparison, here's the map list from Unreal Tournament 2004 (Not including the hundreds of community made maps)

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Tournament_2004#Maps

Spoiler: The game launched with over 100 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Arena population is going to be soooooo low lol.

Casuals won't play it because it will be the most competitive playlist and it has a lot of objective.

Competitive players won't play it because it has breakout.

Breakout players won't play it because there is already a ranked 100% breakout playlist.

Who is left?

Uhhh everyone who wants to compete? Isn't it confirmed breakout will be in season 1 or at least tested? This looks like the HCS/HWC playlist except named Team Arena (probably to get more people to try it). Am I the only one seeing this?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Josh Holmes posted in this thread confirming they wanted to try out Breakout as a competitive mode by shoving it down our throats in the competitive playlist like 40 pages ago.

Ooo okay then thanks, guess I will just have to wait it out the until they release a separate objective playlist then or breakout is removed as I like want to play Strongholds and CTF but despise Breakout why do 343 need to shove it down our throats, It has its own playlist if people like it they will play it and ask for it to be included in arena if they think it fits. 343 logic though I suppose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely not to pumped for the playlists, all I really want is team snipers. SWAT so slow with everyone camping around corners. 

Uhhh everyone who wants to compete? Isn't it confirmed breakout will be in season 1 or at least tested? This looks like the HCS/HWC playlist except named Team Arena (probably to get more people to try it). Am I the only one seeing this?

Compete in a playlist that has breakout mixed in?

Have fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Outside of Team Snipers and Team Doubles, these playlists seem on point to me... but I really wish those other two were included.

Awesome to finally see FFA and SWAT at launch, and Team Arena is a great way to bring a large population to the competitive playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If you're going to avoid team arena because it has breakout I feel bad for you. Your loss, really. It's only on two maps so it's not like it's going to be showing up every game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After seeing Quinn's tweet and looking at IGN's article again, here's the day one playlists in a readable format.

Warzone

• Warzone on Escape from A.R.C.
  • Warzone on Raid on Apex 7
  • Warzone on March on Stormbreak

Warzone Assault

• Warzone Assault on Dispatch
  • Warzone Assault on Array
  • Warzone Assault on Summit

Team Arena

• Breakout on Gambol
  • Breakout on Trident
  • Slayer on Coliseum
  • Slayer on Eden
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on Empire
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • Capture the Flag on Coliseum
  • Capture the Flag on Truth
  • Capture the Flag on Fathom
  • Strongholds on The Rig
  • Strongholds on Eden
  • Strongholds on Empire

Team Slayer

• Slayer on Coliseum
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • Slayer on Truth
  • Slayer on Regret
  • Slayer on Fathom

Breakout

• Breakout on Gambol
  • Breakout on Altitude
  • Breakout on Trench
  • Breakout on Trident
  • Breakout on Crossfire

Free-For-All/Rumble Pit

• Slayer on Eden
  • Slayer on Regret
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on Orion
  • Slayer on Pegasus

Team SWAT

• Team SWAT on Eden
  • Team SWAT on Regret
  • Team SWAT on The Rig
  • Team SWAT on Plaza
  • Team SWAT on Orion
  • Team SWAT on Pegasus
  • SWAT Magnums on Eden
  • SWAT Magnums on Regret
  • SWAT Magnums on The Rig
  • SWAT Magnums on Plaza
  • SWAT Magnums on Orion
  • SWAT Magnums on Pegasus

Thanks, sucks we're forced to do this because we have to still rely on IGN bloggers and Twitter for info like this.

@@Sal1ent, make it stop. You guys have a site with a blog and everything. When you used it for the REQ cards and Forge info, there were little questions left to ask. Please stick to that model.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Are any of you reaalllyy that surprised? I sincerely hope the answer is no.

These playlists are awful and if this game doesn't work flawlessly on launch with how much is stripped out...

It will be time to just call a spade a spade and move on....if that time hasn't already come.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have fun.

Just because breakout has two maps you think no one will play it. We will have fun.

Wait what? Breakout is in Team Arena? 343, wtf? Why can't I just play my normal Halo with shields, grenades and melee that only take down shields?

Can I not just have a Halo 4v4 playlists. Is that really so much to ask?

I cannot stress this enough. This has to be changed. Breakout has a playlists. Leave it out of Team Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you're going to avoid team arena because it has breakout I feel bad for you. Your loss, really. It's only on two maps so it's not like it's going to be showing up every game.

I wouldn't avoid it perhaps, I would just quit out of every breakout match.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because breakout has two maps you think no one will play it. We will have fun.

More than 1 out of 10 games will be breakout.

It will lower the population of that playlist.

Its even worse than ranked cross game lists in the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have fun.

This can't be said enough.

Trying to garner a new audience from people who have never played Halo before as they wonder why the people competing on stream are playing legitimately two different games in Team Arena and Breakout. 

Then you have the competitor's themselves who have to deal with this nonsense as well as your everyday online warrior/competitive player dealing with Breakout in a playlist where they can't veto it.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the quit penalty for Team Arena? I will quit because I really don't care about rank but do care about having a good time while playing. 

Wait so no doubles, no snipers, no big team battle at launch, no objective gametypes besides ctf, and breakout isn't in its own playlist?

I have zero faith going forward.

• Upvote (+1) 5

15% chance and no option to veto.

I'd take my odds in Russian Roulette over Team Arena with Breakout.

At least one is quick and painless if I'm unlucky.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent, I am going to try to be as respectful as I can be. I'll start off with some positives of the launch playlist.

FFA does not have objective, which is great.

We have solid Arena playlist, pleased with that.

Now into the negatives

Why do we need breakout in arena when it has its own playlist? Does not make sense.

Why does swat have its own playlist? That's more like of a weekend playlist.

We are missing team doubles, team snipers. That's a huge red flag as it holds a special place in many halo fan's heart. This in my opinion will hurt the population during the first two weeks.

We need oddball, and King of the hill back, this is what's expected to be in every game. Causal fans will be confused why we don't have it.

I STRONGLY encourage you guys to reconsider the launch playlist please. PLEASE.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It would actually be pretty funny if people started DDOSing the Dedicated servers when they got a game of Breakout in order to avoid the quit penalty

Would be funny, all the bad Halo players would reach pro rank or whatever they call it now in the team arena playlist just because all the decent players quit every time breakout pops up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the only way to play Objective modes is to deal with the other half of the playlist being deathmatch when both Slayer and Breakout already have their own playlists? I don't want to fucking play Breakout, and I don't want literally half of the HCS gametypes to be about killing.

Nah, it's okay. SWAT at launch, guys!

What a fucking shitshow, these playlists are the worst I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 6