CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah can't understand how they continue to give ign infos if every time they need to correct it after

Yeah can't understand how they continue to give ign infos if every time they need to correct it after

IGN has amazing pull, but with amazing pull comes shit coverage.

343i has to stop giving out these big exclusives to these gaming companies and just release it themselves in the future. So many screw ups by other companies in the last year.

God forbid they actually just post the fucking gametypes themselves.

Seriously, making deals on release info with websites for in-game minutia? Is this 2005?

Can we stop giving exclusive rights to IGN to do articles if they make glaring mistakes like this.

The unfortunate thing is that even though two playlists won't be consumed by SWAT, there is still a dearth of day one game modes, and some poor choices regarding launch playlists. If this is only because of their sustain plan, I feel that it's been taken too far.

No Team Snipers, Team Doubles, Multiteam or Grifball at launch.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Absolutely no chance of me buying the game at launch now, this is complete bullshit. Communities were built on most of these playlists and theyve always been integral to the experience. There is ZERO FUCKING REASON to not have these at launch week, I don't know who was behind these borderline negligent decisions but, especially with forge being delayed till fucking December, there's no reason for me to play halo without my favourite playlists.

And you know what, since Forge isnt out until December I probably wont even give a fuck by then because I'll be playing Fallout 4. So much for doing what I want on launch day.

FUCK OFF  :salt: 

Can we just fucking relax a second with this shit.  For once can this insanely cynical group look for something positive?

With a somewhat smaller set of playlist outlined - and god willing a successful launch with no issues - this will lead to a significantly fast search time.  Getting old and new players into games quickly.

On top of that, this should in my opinion, help drive individuals into the correct rank quicker as well ensuring your not incorrectly placed in a shitty playlist with 'low' population.

Hope that all made sense. 

That is complete bullshit. Faster search times? during launch week which has the highest population out of the games whole lifespan? You can't be serious? Launch week/month is when playlists are at their healthiest, especially with the new ranking system massively encouraging every prospective MM player to have a go at new things (which is exactly what 343 is doing with breakout). Purposely leaving out core playlists during this time is absolute insanity.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 should just release the info themselves on Waypoint. Seeing as IGN is apparently not synonymous with accurate.

So is team arena that ranked playlist? The others are social?

I think all Arena playlists are ranked; only social would be the weekend ones or Warzone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Team Snipers, Team Doubles, Multiteam or Grifball at launch.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Absolutely no chance of me buying the game at launch now, this is complete bullshit. Communities were built on most of these playlists and theyve always been integral to the experience. There is ZERO FUCKING REASON to not have these at launch, I don't know who was behind these borderline negligent decisions but, especially with forge being delayed till fucking December, there's no reason for me to play halo without my favourite playlists.

And you know what, since Forge isnt out until December I probably wont even give a fuck by then because I'll be playing Fallout 4. So much for doing what I want on launch day.

FUCK OFF  :salt:

What Halo game has had Griffball, Snipes, Doubles on launch day?(serious question I don't remember, h3 had multi team I think?) Silly thing to raise your blood pressure over.

So is Team Arena the tentative HWC playlist?

Positives:

- Concise playlists, like I thought they would and should do.
- API capabilities for stat tracking websites

Negatives:

- Breakout in Team Arena
- Only 2 Objective gametypes at launch
- Snipers should be in over SWAT.
- No FFA on Truth
- Slayer playlist doesn't even have all the 4v4 maps, why not?

This reveal was disappointing but it doesn't really make a dent in the Halo 5 hype for me.

Oh yeah and let's remember that of course there is no veto or voting system to get around Breakout in Arena. Haha, that really sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is team arena that ranked playlist? The others are social?

@@Deez confirm That Swat is ranked. So there is multiple ranked playlist. Probably breakout and ffa are also

So are Forge maps considered part of the 21 disc maps? If that's the case does that mean 18 free maps could also include Forge maps....  :wutface:

Holy shit, I'm excited for Halo 5 and everything... But these playlists are garbage.
Here's my playlist wishlist:

Warzone (Mixed with Warzone Assault)

• Dispatch
  • Array
  • Summit
  • Escape from A.R.C.
  • Raid on Apex 7
  • March on Stormbreak

Team objective (With Oddball and Hill)

• King of The Hill on Plaza
  • King of The Hill on Fathom
  • Oddball on The Rig
  • Oddball on Plaza
  • CTF on The Rig
  • CTF on Coliseum
  • CTF on Truth
  • Strongholds on Fathom
  • Strongholds on The Rig
  • Strongholds on Eden
  • Strongholds on Empire

Team Slayer

• Coliseum
  • Plaza
  • The Rig
  • Truth
  • Regret
  • Fathom

Breakout

• Gambol
  • Altitude
  • Trench
  • Trident
  • Crossfire

SWAT (Keep it to one playlist, damn. We already have Breakout.)

• Eden
  • Regret
  • The Rig
  • Plaza
  • Orion
  • Pegasus

FFA (With Oddball)

• Slayer on Eden
  • Slayer on Truth
  • Slayer on The Rig
  • Slayer on Plaza
  • Slayer on Orion
  • Slayer on Pegasus
  • Oddball on Plaza
  • Oddball on Regret

Team Snipers

• Team Snipers on Coliseum
  • Team Snipers on The Rig
  • Team Snipers on Trident
  • Team Snipers on Fathom
  • Team Snipers on Pegasus
  • Team Snipers on Eden

Here's my reasoning:

• With breakout, you already sever the SWAT population, never mind TWO FUCKING SWAT PLAYLISTS.

• Warzone should be consolidated to one playlist for more map variety and to sustain a higher population.

• GET BREAKOUT THE FUCK OUTTA TEAM ARENA AT LEAST. Pls.

• Team Snipers is essential for bks to git gud.

• Team objective and Team slayer having dedicated playlists is kind of obvious, but if they need to mixed in the same playlist like Team Arena, so be it. JUST GET BREAKOUT THE FUCK OUTTA THERE. Also, Oddball and KoTH pls.

• FFA Doesn't need Oddball or any objectives really, but personally, I think it'd be nice and require more skill than just mopping up kills 3 other dudes started. I dunno. You guys tell me if I'm wrong or right on this.

PS,

I really love Breakout. It just needs to stay separate from the other playlists, like Warzone or BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Pyroteq Please read the whole thing

I said to do as a trial period for 1 month, because Bungie would only give them 1 playlist

If they had the balls to try it and it was a success, then they would have had an opportunity to ask for a second playlist

I also wanted them to replace all the objective modes with all of the best foundry maps in the game at the time (Sandbox was not out yet)

If it was not a success, then life goes back to normal

That's not dumb, that's just forward thinking

I don't think MLG was ever going to get a second playlist regardless of how popular their playlist got.

We had to fight tooth and nail just for one.

Also you have to remember that tournaments all around the world played with MLG game types.

As an Australian I'd be pretty pissed off if I lost the best way to practise for tournaments since organising customs is a lot harder with a lower online population.

343 should include objective in the ranked competitive playlist - just weight the gametypes in favour of slayer and it'll get chosen 9/10 times anyway. I hardly think playing 1 objective game every 10 games will turn players away from the playlist. Chances are they're going to play the gametype as if it's slayer and completely ignore the objective anyway.

So are Forge maps considered part of the 21 disc maps? If that's the case does that mean 18 free maps could also include Forge maps....  :wutface:

I feel like that's what the + on the 18+ meant. We'll get 18 new maps and some forge maps on the side.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No because the forge canvasses are already in the base game. There'd be nothing to download - they could add variants to the playlists without anyone needing to download anything more than playlist data.

You know, like every other Halo that's ever used Forge maps in matchmaking.

1. Only one SWAT playlist, at launch IGN released the wrong (unformatted and painful to read) information. 

2. Where is Team Doubles.

3. Where is Team Snipers. 

4. Where is Oddball.

5. Where is KoTH.

6. Where is Extraction. 

I think at a minimum Team Doubles should always be a launch playlist. It is the most accessible playlist to users besides the FFA playlist. Also Team Doubles is very competitive at a high level, it is a very fun experience overall. Team Snipers can and should be a rotational playlist in my opinion. 

Lame news today, kind of deflated the hype train for me personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why the flying fairy fuck is Breakout in Team Arena when it already has its own playlist

• Upvote (+1) 7

Jesus Christ the formatting on that IGN article is a disaster.

So is the playlist selection. I imagine we'll get a non-answer if they're asked why everything is so bare bones.

Don't worry though guys, we'll get "more info on the launch playlists soon".

Oh wait, they didn't even bother to say "soon" for this one. Guess we have 343 protocol nailed down pretty square.

As much as I would want a standard playlist lineup akin to what Halo has been used to for the past forever, perhaps it's for the best what with the changes in general gameplay and gametype interaction just to collect initial data and improve from there.

Not saying that this playlist lineup is good per se, just stating that initially the lineup can get away with being limited.

They've had 3 years of collecting data, the same playlists like doubles and snipers still return and they once again leave it out.

No forge, btb, doubles, snipes day one. Just seems like Halo 5 is going down the same road again.

I just hope Josh can explain this.

• Upvote (+1) 2