CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I get that breakout is a competitive gametype.

I have no problem with it being ranked and it having its niche of players who prefer that style of gameplay.

But DO NOT put that shit in HCS. If you are, have it seperate from the Slayer/Obj gametypes. These are two completely different modes.

Snipers is a competitive playlist that takes skill, but you don't see that in MLG/HCS.

On another note, why did they make it a FLAG to take to the enemies' base? Halo players have been conditioned for 15 years to take a flag to their own base. Bombs are what you take to the enemy base. Why cause all the inconsistency? Also a bomb just much more interesting and makes more sense.

Next we're gunna be capturing bombs and blowing the shit out of our own base.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where's the source of info saying Breakout is in HCS? Or is this just all hypothetical?

I'm hoping it's hypothetical. I mean I like Breakout, but in HCS? I dunno...

I get that breakout is a competitive gametype.

I have no problem with it being ranked and it having its niche of players who prefer that style of gameplay.

But DO NOT put that shit in HCS. If you are, have it seperate from the Slayer/Obj gametypes. These are two completely different modes.

Snipers is a competitive playlist that takes skill, but you don't see that in MLG/HCS.

On another note, why did they make it a FLAG to take to the enemies' base? Halo players have been conditioned for 15 years to take a flag to their own base. Bombs are what you take to the enemy base. Why cause all the inconsistency? Also a bomb just much more interesting and makes more sense.

Next we're gunna be capturing bombs and blowing the shit out of our own base.

Well, since all they have is ctf, slayer and strongholds, the closest thing to a bomb would be a flag. smh.

And I agree with it being completely different and bad because of it. Breakout even has its own maps, art style and health... WHY 343? Last thing I want is to adapt back and forth.

At best, its well for its own playlist and thats it. (maybe throw it in action sack for all I care)

if 343s all for consistency in gameplay why am I playing a game where headshots/body shots matter and another part of the game (warzone/Arena) the places where you shoot don't matter (before shields pop), the kill times are massively different, the melee combat is way different, etc? 

I'm a huge fan of 1 Life games (Shadowrun, CSGO, Gears, SnD in blops 2, etc) but Breakout plays really weird and is not consistent with 343is philosophy of wanting fluidity and consistency throughout the game competitively. 

This wouldn't be an issue if 343i wasn't so forcefully putting this on everyone and it stayed as a niche gametype. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

if 343s all for consistency in gameplay why am I playing a game where headshots/body shots matter and another part of the game (warzone/Arena) the places where you shoot don't matter (before shields pop), the kill times are massively different, the melee combat is way different, etc?

I'm a huge fan of 1 Life games (Shadowrun, CSGO, Gears, SnD in blops 2, etc) but Breakout plays really weird and is not consistent with 343is philosophy of wanting fluidity and consistency throughout the game competitively.

This wouldn't be an issue if 343i wasn't so forcefully putting this on everyone and it stayed as a niche gametype.

This 100. Its a niche gametype. A minigame. Its a different game than default Halo.

I'll still play it, but please dont force me to.

Definitely not the best edit I've ever done, but I hadn't seen anyone else do it, so uh, there it is.

The blue could be lighter/more cyan than blue, but I still think I like it more than the way-out-of-wack banana yellow they got going on.

ujw8u3p.png

sorry, accident neg rep

Breakout still uses the same damage mechanics as normal Halo, in fact IIRC from Beta headshots always have a damage bonus so its similar to CE in that regard.

Breakout still uses the same damage mechanics as normal Halo, in fact IIRC from Beta headshots always have a damage bonus so its similar to CE in that regard.

Hmm didn't know that. Thought some things were a little different wtih autos and whatnot.

The thing though is that weapons like the BR are 2sk and DMR is a 3sk in a game that isn't incredibly hard to aim in. The only gun I can think of in a shooter that was 2sk was Shadowruns Rifle against Elves. Which was ridiculous and hype to do in general. In h5 not so much.

And headshots always did dmg bonus for autos in H1 yea, but Pistol works the same way other utilities do in other Halo games. Where body shots do the same damage as headshots before shields popping. 

I see comebacks in decent level play for Breakout to be so incredibly unlikely. You'd either need a DMR/BR, camo or some well placed nades to make a 1v3/4 comeback even somewhat viable. All you have to do is not stay really far away so you can teamshoot and force the player to come out by grabbing flag. This isn't the case though in games like CoD SnD where I can strictly come back just from using my standard weapon even when I'm really outnumbered. 

Also Spartan charge/melees should never be one hit. 

First off breakout will never be as good as how CS:GO does it, its a neat gametype but its not a "serious" gametype within Halo's competitive meta game types.

It will probably end up as another gametype to not be in Halo 6....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who's idea was it to put the capture point at the enemy's base? That makes the flag 100% useless and just promotes more camping.

"They have the flag, we gotta move! Oh wait... no we don't."

Wait really? It's not at your own side?

Wait really? It's not at your own side?

Yup, really. This is what baffles me the most. It would make more sense if you brought it back to your own base. All I see is people camping waiting for the flag carrier to come near their spawn point.

Yeah I instantly "WTF'd" when I saw it was essentially neutral bomb with flag graphics. Completely pointless considering the effort they went to to put flag into it

Breakout is just like CS:GO!

Just get rid of the the shooting skill gap, the economy aspect, all objectives that promote movement, the good maps and pretty much all competitive merit.

It's literally the definition of wasted developer resources, blowing something way out of proportion that should have been an Action Sack gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breakout is just like CS:GO!

Just get rid of the the shooting skill gap, the economy aspect, all objectives that promote movement, the good maps and pretty much all competitive merit.

It's literally the definition of wasted developer resources, blowing something way out of proportion that should have been an Action Sack gametype.

You forgot the grenades, one of the biggest aspect of CS's skill ceiling. n00b

They obviously Made it Flag since they wanted the Flagnum and they didn't want to code a bombnum.

Now why do they want you to push into the enemy base in the 1st place...   dunno  not alot of logic behind it i can find.

• Upvote (+1) 2