CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You guys are complaining over a delay in spectator mode... what if you are spectating a game your friends are in and youre telling them where the enemies positions are? What if that was happening to you? I bet you would hate that a lot more, so stop whining :)

No one is whining? We're concerned how the delay will affect LAN events. Imagine watching a team scream and then see an awesome play 15 seconds later. It'll ruin the spectator experience.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys are complaining over a delay in spectator mode... what if you are spectating a game your friends are in and youre telling them where the enemies positions are? What if that was happening to you? I bet you would hate that a lot more, so stop whining 1%20Premium%20Smiley.png

This is also an issue, you think we are complaining just to complain when in all honestly you probably have no real understanding how this can have an effect on tournament production (LAN wise).

Instead of "so stop whining", please educate yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am honestly amazed that anyone (at all) were legitimately offended by the banter between Frankie and Lemon.

Wasn't like he pulled a Phil Fish. It could have been far worse than it was, but it wasn't.

let's not forget the times where our frustration is met with sarcasm or even just straight up contempt.

I just realized if we can use CE pistol in forge and set up in custom game... We could have full CE experience on H5. How freaking cool is that boys? (Like no Spartan abilities, remade maps with its original colors, etc.)

I just realized if we can use CE pistol in forge and set up in custom game... We could have full CE experience on H5. How freaking cool is that boys? (Like no Spartan abilities, remade maps with its original colors, etc.)

Rumor has it that the CE Magnum won't be available in Forge.

You guys are complaining over a delay in spectator mode... what if you are spectating a game your friends are in and youre telling them where the enemies positions are? What if that was happening to you? I bet you would hate that a lot more, so stop whining :)

Nobody cares about there being a delay for games being spectated online. That's fine. What we care about is that we've just learned spectator mode is useless for "LAN" events.

The high-priority purpose of spectator mode is to broadcast local tournaments. 

If I want to watch a pro play matchmaking or whatever, I can watch their Twitch stream. 

Wait so...spectator mode is delayed for live events? How are we going to spectate live events then...the same as always?

Really, once you find a certain tuning for everything, you could re-make every Halo experience in Halo 5 past Halo 4 to a point.

let's not forget the times where our frustration is met with sarcasm.

Yeah I haven't. I haven't forgotten what was said about this site by a particular 343 Insider (unacceptable language), and I don't accept the state of affairs on certain subjects.

I just speak in very specific context to that moment, sorry for being vague.

Yea we should just ADAPT right?

Piggy back off of that with updated numbers:

Pageviews: 42,000,000+

Users: 3,500,000+

Avg. Session Duration: 5:00+ Minutes

Fair enough, I wasn't hating in any way (as I'm obviously an involved member of this website), I guess I was going by the number of concurrent forum users and my own vague intuition.  The forums seem to be roughly the size of the old MLG forums, not sure of the size of those.  

Though wait a minute, are 20 million of those pageviews coming from Destiny articles?!?   :saucey:

Wait so...spectator mode is delayed for live events? How are we going to spectate live events then...the same as always?

Nope, player cams and listen ins will just be delayed by about 15 seconds to sync with the gameplay.

... LAN events?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For live events you would need to either use spectator for replays or time delay to sync w/ reactions.

Wait, what? So spectator mode is useless for streaming competitive games?

Fair enough, I wasn't hating in any way (as I'm obviously an involved member of this website), I guess I was going by the number of concurrent forum users and my own vague intuition.  The forums seem to be roughly the size of the old MLG forums, not sure of the size of those.  

Though wait a minute, are 20 million of those pageviews coming from Destiny articles?!?   :saucey:

The forums basically dominate every other statistic. 

Nope, player cams and listen ins will just be delayed by about 15 seconds to sync with the gameplay.

I'm not terribly confident of the prospect that this won't be beset by de-sync issues, unless they can stripe some kind of timecode into the data. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Ubisoft.

But yeah so many other DEVs actually give the full damn game at launch.

This is a principle of INTEGRITY not about if "oh we can just play it inthe future duurrrka duurrr"

So many devs? What a load of rot. How many games actually came out with the full game? Most games have paid dlc following up. They could have done the exact same thing here but they haven't.

Ah, gotcha. Is that an easy thing to do? 

...... Wait what? I must have missed that... D:

The rumor is that legendary weapons won't be available to insert into Arena maps in Forge. Seems odd to me with the Prophet's Bane being on Truth in the beta, but there hasn't been an official response about it yet, which has only made the rumor seem more credible to many people here.