CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What if the dog breeder took that month to toilet and house train the dog, teach it not to chew furniture and attack strangers and delivered it to you in good health instead of, you know, murdering it for some reason?

Your analogy would make sense if the plan was to spend a month destroying Forge.

Will there be dogs in Halo 5? :kappa:

Could @@Frankie or @@Sal1ent Prease make my night and say something about weapon lowering. I totally realize that this isn't an important thing but I'm a gamer so that makes me naturally entitled to everything.

(In all seriousness please be nice and tell me if there's weapon lowering online.)

Will there be dogs in Halo 5? :kappa:

I mean they gotta one-up call of duty somehow. Oh, you have next gen fish? We have a fucking space whale.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Could @@Frankie or @@Sal1ent Prease make my night and say something about weapon lowering. I totally realize that this isn't an important thing but I'm a gamer so that makes me naturally entitled to everything.

(In all seriousness please be nice and tell me if there's weapon lowering online.)

I saw a post on reddit that indicated that weapon lowering would be in the game.

I saw a post on reddit that indicated that weapon lowering would be in the game.

I know that it's in the game, I'm asking if anybody can do it online at any point in time.

I know that it's in the game, I'm asking if anybody can do it online at any point in time.

If they thought it necessary to include weapon lowering online in MCC, I'm sure they will. RVB works closey with them now and without splitscreen its all they have.

If they thought it necessary to include weapon lowering online in MCC, I'm sure they will. RVB works closey with them now and without splitscreen its all they have.

I truly hope so, I just don't want a repeat of that silly walk animation they had in Halo 4 where the weapon raises itself.

The 15-30 second delay is literally fantastic for both curbing online cheating, but also spectating online tournaments, scrims, etc.

There should have been two versions of spectator mode, though. One as the online Theater film that is streamed through the cloud, and one that is an active member of a game lobby with no delay and more features, such as a minimap, scoreboard, etc.

T7HvYco.gif

Also, can you block people from spectating you e.g. for exclusivity streaming for leagues etc?

We get live spectator mode for matchmaking??? That's what I'm talking about. That's huge, I spectated friends in LOL a lot, it was a great feature that I know isn't easy to implement.

That kind of punch is what I wanted out of the Forge announcement. That's fucking great.

This was in the beta...

And wait, you think that Tuesday's MASSIVE Forge overhaul was less exciting than matchmaking spectate? Wat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is comparing animals to games reasonable in your eyes? Bad taste, bad logic.

"Woosh" there went the joke.

but then again, humor can hide through text. I basically don't want them to spread out core features for the sake of keeping the game alive. Now correct me if thats not what theyre doing. Im rushing through the posts so Idk

No problem! But Arby n the Chief was my life over the summer. Love them so much.

Me too. I usually go on a watching spree every now and then.

Season 8 hype over here.

What if the dog breeder took that month to toilet and house train the dog, teach it not to chew furniture and attack strangers and delivered it to you in good health instead of, you know, murdering it for some reason?

Your analogy would make sense if the plan was to spend a month destroying Forge.

cd8UhzW.gif

How I feel whenever @@Frankie posts in this thread. 

Although it could always needs some  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 3

This was in the beta...

And wait, you think that Tuesday's MASSIVE Forge overhaul was less exciting than matchmaking spectate? Wat.

I think I was just really into the beta, I don't think I ever utilized the feature. But yes I absolutely am more impressed with being able to watch my friends play with minimal delay, with outlines, and playback options, and free cam, and it all having no impact on performance. That's a big deal. Much bigger to me than grouping, fog on the map, and many colors of paint for objects. Maybe it's the fact that I think customs won't be as big as back in reach or halo 3, or that we actually have maps that can play 4v4, or whatever, but Forge is just sort of meh to me right now. I hope people get their fun out of it but I just don't care about the scale of their announcement. They didn't blow my mind with Forge.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Me too. I usually go on a watching spree every now and then.

Season 8 hype over here.

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried a little (A lot) when I watched those trailers/teasers for S8. Q^Q

cd8UhzW.gif

How I feel whenever @@Frankie posts in this thread. 

Although it could always needs some  :ghost:

that hairline insecurity is a muthafucka...

• Upvote (+1) 6

You can spectate your friends in matchmaking or customs, in Arena or Warzone. It's a live Theater save film that streams directly from the server, with all of the Theater controls & camera options (1st person, 3rd person, Free cam). You can rewind, fast forward, adjust playback speed, etc. Player outines can be toggled on or off (as they can in Theater now).

There is theoretically no limit to the number of clients that can spectate on any given session, so long as you are friends with one of the players. The is a delay of 15-30 seconds from the live gameplay because the server is writing out the save film as it simulates the session, streaming it out to attached clients which are then replaying the film from there. This delay is configurable to make it longer, but we figure that 15-30 seconds is sufficient to address concerns RE: cheating.

We'll keep augmenting spectator mode over time based on feedback from casters & TOs. Just getting it to work as a streamed save film in the cloud without any impact to server perf was a big engineering effort.

Are you required to be mutual friends with the person, or can I just follow someone like a pro player and creep on their games?

Are you required to be mutual friends with the person, or can I just follow someone like a pro player and creep on their games?

You can just follow. Like i follow roy, and i can see him on my friend roster in mcc.

"Woosh" there went the joke.

For what it's worth, that was one of the funniest things I've read in recent memory. I was literally laughing out loud reading it.

• Upvote (+1) 7