CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Could halo 5 be that "halo 2" for 343? Its bringing a lot of new gameplay elements and also a lot of #wedead. Halo 2 got hated at the start, but loved after launch.

So I was wondering whether halo 5 would go the same path

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could halo 5 be that "halo 2" for 343? Its bringing a lot of new gameplay elements and also a lot of #wedead. Halo 2 got hated at the start, but loved after launch.

If Halo 2 was as hated at the start as Halo 5 has been, then the only explanation is that the fanbase must have been a very different crowd back then. I'm still not convinced that Halo 2 was as hated as some people (especially Halo 4 fans) like to pretend it was. Everyone points to the website, but like I always say, how many people does it take to make a website?

Seems like most people right now are happy to have trick jumping sucked out of Halo (Clamber), but I think that will do a lot more damage to Halo's skill-gap than dual wielding and infinite sword could ever do.

I really do not think that Halo 5 is the next Halo 2. No way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game really looks like it had some potential - weren't there spartan abilities and these big ass maps.

If Halo 2 was as hated at the start as Halo 5 has been, then the only explanation is that the fanbase must have been a very different crowd back then. I'm still not convinced that Halo 2 was as hated as some people (especially Halo 4 fans) like to pretend it was. Everyone points to the website, but like I always say, how many people does it take to make a website?

Seems like most people right now are happy to have trick jumping sucked out of Halo (Clamber), but I think that will do a lot more damage to Halo's skill-gap than dual wielding and infinite sword could ever do.

I really do not think that Halo 5 is the next Halo 2. No way.

Don't hate on the infinite sword, that thing is fun af

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't hate on the infinite sword, that thing is fun af

I'm not personally hating on it, I'm just saying that I don't get why people would complain about that and then be ok with clamber. I really don't want clamber in Halo lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not personally hating on it, I'm just saying that I don't get why people would complain about that and then be ok with clamber. I really don't want clamber in Halo lol.

Oh, I see what you mean now. H2's sword is no where near as OP as everyone thinks it is, can easily be countered by the shotgun and good positioning, while Clamber can pretty much destroy a whole community. I really hope it gets removed after the beta

• Upvote (+1) 6

This game really looks like it had some potential - weren't there spartan abilities and these big ass maps.

So Halo 2 with Smart scope and less auto aim.... actually does not sound so bad tbh

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh, I see what you mean now. H2's sword is no where near as OP as everyone thinks it is, can easily be countered by the shotgun and good positioning, while Clamber can pretty much destroy a whole community. I really hope it gets removed after the beta

Exactly!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a weapon with unlimited ammo insane lunge range no reload or cooldown or draw speed and zero aiming skill required is not overpowered?

Honestly tons of stuff "classic halo" has is just as dumb as the things we are getting now, and if people can only say the new stuff is shitty because its "not halo" and not because it is garbage from a gameplay perspective, I really dont have much hope in tihs community.

Clamber might be dumb, but I'll bet they are just going to make jumping more annoying making you clamber every time instead of just making the jump.

It's also not really overpowered in the sense if everyone has it, just as the h2 sword isn't overpowered in a swords match.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

11th weapon is probably Shotgun, and Rockets are speculation.

Yes, the Grenade launcher is the new missile lock on weapon.

When/where was the Light Rifle confirmed?

Halo 2 didn't have sprint.

I like the fact that you have high hopes for this game. lol

Stay positive.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A spartan called out "Red pyramid(s)" on Crossfire (A forgable map). Either you can modify the callouts for your map on forge, or your maps won't have spartans calling out.

A spartan called out "Red pyramid(s)" on Crossfire (A forgable map). Either you can modify the callouts for your map on forge, or your maps won't have spartans calling out.

Could be that they've got presets for the maps they've designed using the Forge canvas. 

The clamber, while yes it might be a crutch for some players, will not remove skill jumping in the midst of a firefight, which is where it matters anyway. If you mess up a jump and have to clamber, that's half a second or more of not being able to shoot. If you make the skill jump, you're able to fire the entire time.

So if anything, it deepens gameplay in firefights, because if you miss a jump you have to decide which disadvantage to take, be in a bad position, or lose your ability to fire for a brief period of time. 

Now, there's probably some design choices made in the map that make clamber necessary to make the jump in some cases, but I feel it wont become the ONLY option for all instances.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Opinions/hopes on how this sandbox should be balanced? To kill time, lol.

I don't mind if we have AR & Pistol starts, IF Pistol is useful. From videos, we can tell it has 12 rounds in a clip. Hopefully the 3-shot kill will make a comeback, with no spread and 2x scope. So why have the BR, DMR, and LR in as well? It's sort of pointless, unless there are more differences than H4 had. Ideas?

1) Give LR fastest kill times, making it a power weapon, but harder to use.

2) Give Pistol faster reloads and melees, but buff melee damage for other rifles.

3) Make BR easiest weapon to use (still low aim assist, but not as low) + 2-shot beatdown.

4) Make DMR only good at range. More of a support/anti-sniper weapon.

Pistol: Loadout weapon, avg. range, avg. kill time, hard to use, faster/weaker melees, fast reloads. 3-shot kill. 

BR: Common on all maps, avg. range, avg. kill time, less hard to use, 2-shot beatdown + and avg. melee strength & speed. 4-shot kill. 

DMR: Only on certain maps, excellent range, avg. kill time, hard to use, slowest melee & reload times, avg. melee strength. 5-shot kill. 

LR: Power weapon, excellent range, fast kill time, really hard to use, slow melee & reload times, avg. melee strength. 4-shot kill in-scope, 5-shot out of scope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe DMR and BR have the same kill time of 1.3 or 1.4 if im not mistaken.  I think it's like 42 frames to kill when watching in 30fps

So we're all aware two versions of Midship are coming in Halo 5, right?

You obviously have Truth - the reimagination.

Top Mid - New Cover, Bridges from Windows

edf021db9ef3d3d316589bcaf84a68e6.png

P2 to Blue - 'Nerd' Platform sticks out now

39fbfda9b80ad60a289236b4b4f659e1.png

Top Mid to Blue 2 - The new windows from 'Truth' are blocked off, and the cover added to Top Mid can be Clambered

56866426eb842c30789db506d2a8dc7c.png

Top Mid to P3

683f7faf26bf2b6142b4cd979aa85e4a.png

Did they fucking hire Salot?

Kinda reminds me of Onyx... but mixed with Simplex.

BR has spread.

DMR has too much range.

Why not use the pistol as the Utility weapon?

One BR and one DMR per base. So 1 has pistol, 2 has BR, 3 has DMR and 4 has Power weapon.

The pistol is a single shot, mid range, not random (i think), barely covers your screen and has a badass sprint animation (lol)

Edit: Assuming Pistol is 4-5sk

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda reminds me of Onyx... but mixed with Simplex.

With a bit of Onslaught and Amplified thrown in there, too.  :kappa:

BR has spread

DMR has too much range.

One BR and one DMR per base. So 1 has pistol, 2 has BR, 3 has DMR and 4 has Power weapon.

The pistol is a single shot, mid range, not random (i think), barely covers your screen and has a badass sprint animation (lol)

BR spread looks tight as hell and DMR is probably a 5 shot with more range, as it should be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BR has spread.

DMR has too much range.

BR spread seems to be tight, and iirc pistol has bloom. DMR should be the utility weapon if it's hard to shoot (so far looks like it is, but that may just be because pros didn't have time to adapt to the game).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what use the LightRifle will be if the BR and DMR are properly balanced this time around.

If they're consolidating the weapons and removing redundancies, why not just make the BR like it was in Halo 2's beta and remove LR?