CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Pacing content?? That means... They delayed Forge on purpose and not because of development issues?

No idea. Seriously, we really need context.

There's pretty much no purposefully benefit to withholding Forge.

That might work for about 2 weeks.

H5 seems to have an impressive amount of content on launch, unfortunately that doesn't make up for the gameplay.

After a month-long hiatus, Logfish has again blessed us with his presence. Rick can probably take a break for a while now.

Not sure how anyone can say the pistol is dank when other weapons are constantly being picked up over it.

That's the idea. It's viable but there are niche weapons in each situation that give you a slight advantage. Nothing broken like H2 SMGs where you shoot raisins out of your gun.

On Topic: Oh my god he's back!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can you choose who you play as in the campaign? Me and my buddies are gonna do a 4 player playthrough and we want to pick who we play as

Forge "No. It's to do with pacing content. No Win 10 features." 

Guess they want to force people into warzone. 

Unreal. Can't wait to hear that they're pacing the release of Oddball, KOTH, Assault, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you choose who you play as in the campaign? Me and my buddies are gonna do a 4 player playthrough and we want to pick who we play as

Party leader is MC/Locke, other players pick their characters.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fuck this, man. I'm excited as hell for forge, and haven't been since I first saw Reach's vidoc.

And now they're delaying a fucking HUGE improvement to the game not because of technical issues, but because they want to force people into playing what they want them to play rather than giving them the option to do what they want. Just like withholding ranks from everything but H2A for 6 months. ********.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Fuck this, man. I'm excited as hell for forge, and haven't been since I first saw Reach's vidoc.

And now they're delaying a fucking HUGE improvement to the game not because of technical issues, but because they want to force people into playing what they want them to play rather than giving them the option to do what they want. Just like withholding ranks from everything but H2A for 6 months. ********.

That's not confirmed. We need clarification on the context.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow I have a terrible taste in my mouth now. They are delaying content to pace it? What the actual hell? 

This has to just be worded terribly or something. Like is this Destiny? An mmo? 

What has the gaming industry come to lol.. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pacing content?? That means... They delayed Forge on purpose and not because of development issues?

Basically. It's the games as a service model that more and more games are starting to use. Release the core product and then release free new content post launch to keep people coming back. 343 sure don't want another Halo 4 situation where everybody leaves after a month. Release BTB and Forge post launch to get people excited again and get back in Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He could be referring to pacing development of said content. :P As in, making sure said content is paced, so it turns out WELL. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I seriously doubt that's what Frankie meant by pacing content.

He said its part of their sustain model. I'm guessing that ties into the REQ pack system where things are added every month. The way he words it really makes it sound like this is their strategy for longevity, and personally, I think its stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guess they want to force people into warzone.

Frankie sure has a habit of saying things that need contextualizing. 

Like Bible study up in here.

anigif_optimized-13902-1434050060-1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"It's about pacing content"

Please just fucking stop, I want to play the game the way I want to play it, enough of this bullshit where I'm forced to play the game a certain way or perceive it a certain way.

I'm waiting for forge, basically because 343 wants me to play everything else first. Because that worked for gta am I right fellas?

• Upvote (+1) 6

He said its part of their sustain model. I'm guessing that ties into the REQ pack system where things are added every month. The way he words it really makes it sound like this is their strategy for longevity, and personally, I think its stupid.

of course it's fucking stupid, these guys have yet to understand how important launch day is. Look no further than titanfall, or even h4 which had a borked fileshare and it basically killed that community.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

It's worth mentioning that even the current ranks in MCC aren't worth shit, do nothing for Matchmaking and aren't a measure of skill in the slightest. It's just a glorified progression system.

Don't even get me started on the fact people can dodge.

• Upvote (+1) 6