CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

H3.

:lxthul:

It is better than H2 in terms of location development and story progression, disregarding the plot holes. Still has zero character development, like HCE through Reach. H2 has much better gameplay.

Or take some time to realise sprint is here to stay and try to work with it.

It's impossible to implement sprint in a game like Halo. Sprint needs to go. With Sprint it's not Halo, it breaks the game on a fundamental level. There is absolutely no reason to have it in this series.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can see why it won't be included in halo but this peanut butter jelly time dance is ... Well... Boring.

Imagine if there were a bunch of different celebration cutscenes based on how badly you won. Then some super special ones if you get a perfection, running riot, etc. it would play a really embarrassing cutscene for the other team after the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's impossible to implement sprint in a game like Halo. Sprint needs to go. With Sprint it's not Halo, it breaks the game on a fundamental level. There is absolutely no reason to have it in this series.

All my posts are constructive. Look at yours. It does nothing but hate on sprint for a few 1+ votes from one dude who seems to be dickriding you. look man, we get it. Sprint shouldn't be in Halo. But guess what? It is. We are now sprint's bitches. so lets accept it, spread our legs and take it. But at least use some Astro Glide to help.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All my posts are constructive. Look at yours. It does nothing but hate on sprint for a few 1+ votes from one dude who seems to be dickriding you. look man, we get it. Sprint shouldn't be in Halo. But guess what? It is. We are now sprint's bitches. so lets accept it, spread our legs and take it. But at least use some Astro Glide to help.

lol

Sprint is only here to stay because people keep saying "sprint is here to stay, so let's make the best of it".

There cannot be enough hate for sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol

-1 for not using 'Ground Pound' in your getting fucked by Sprint analogy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 has the best campaign right now from the series.

Halo 1 would like to have a word with you (H4's campaign was surprisingly really fun).

Like the spartan suit could funnel shield power to sprint? What if your shields are near zero already? Do you sprint slower?

I think it should be 100% sprint if shields are up, and 0% sprint (disabled) when shields are down because your sprint speed wouldn't be too predictable if your shields are low causing trick jumps to feel random, if that makes sense. Though I did think of the slow down idea too.

And shit, keep the current sprint nerf too for low shields. you wouldn't regen until you stop sprinting.

So we're all aware two versions of Midship are coming in Halo 5, right?

You obviously have Truth - the reimagination.

Top Mid - New Cover, Bridges from Windows

edf021db9ef3d3d316589bcaf84a68e6.png

P2 to Blue - 'Nerd' Platform sticks out now

39fbfda9b80ad60a289236b4b4f659e1.png

Top Mid to Blue 2 - The new windows from 'Truth' are blocked off, and the cover added to Top Mid can be Clambered

56866426eb842c30789db506d2a8dc7c.png

Top Mid to P3

683f7faf26bf2b6142b4cd979aa85e4a.png

Did they fucking hire Salot?

This game seriously has some potential to be a game as good as the original trilogy, some of these maps are looking devine

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game seriously has some potential to be a game as good as the original trilogy, some of these maps are looking devine

I agree, but I feel they should have tried to get a little farther away from Midship with this map. 7 maps is turning into 6.5 maps...

I agree, but I feel they should have tried to get a little farther away from Midship with this map. 7 maps is turning into 6.5 maps...

Fair enough, the game does look a lot better visually then H4, never understood the praise for that game's graphics when you could see the pixels from a mile away, CE at times has better polygons than H4

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair enough, the game does look a lot better visually then H4, never understood the praise for that game's graphics when you could see the pixels from a mile away, CE at times has better polygons than H4

The lighting was atrocious, you had to jam your face against the screen to see the wear and tear on armor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My hopes for having maps like hidden Forge gems are dying.

R.I.P: Think Twice, Affinity, Chateau. You were the arena maps the community needed, but not the ones the community deserved.

• Downvote (-1) 2

So we're all aware two versions of Midship are coming in Halo 5, right?

snip

Was new footage released? 

Also, in one TeamBeyond article, it lists 10/11 beta weapons:

1. Assault Rifle
  2. Battle Rifle
  3. DMR
  4. LightRifle
  5. Magnum
  6. Energy Sword
  7. Sniper Rifle
  8. SMG
  9. Grenade Launcher  
  10. Rocket Launcher

Is the grenade launcher that weird heat seeking thing we've seen, or is that the rocket launcher? 

Guesses on 11th weapon? I say railgun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was new footage released? 

Also, in one TeamBeyond article, it lists 10/11 beta weapons:

1. Assault Rifle
  2. Battle Rifle
  3. DMR
  4. LightRifle
  5. Magnum
  6. Energy Sword
  7. Sniper Rifle
  8. SMG
  9. Grenade Launcher  
  10. Rocket Launcher

Is the grenade launcher that weird heat seeking thing we've seen, or is that the rocket launcher? 

Guesses on 11th weapon? I say railgun. 

11th weapon is probably Shotgun, and Rockets are speculation.

Yes, the Grenade launcher is the new missile lock on weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if there were a bunch of different celebration cutscenes based on how badly you won. Then some super special ones if you get a perfection, running riot, etc. it would play a really embarrassing cutscene for the other team after the game.

Like close games the players from both teams respectfully shake hands with a clear winner pose for the winning team. But for shutouts you have the losers bowing in worship while the winners pose as gods...

I like it

• Upvote (+1) 2

11th weapon is probably Shotgun, and Rockets are speculation.

Yes, the Grenade launcher is the new missile lock on weapon.

Oh god, and there we all were disappointed that the Sticky Det was a less competitively viable Grenade Launcher lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they ruined the Grenade launcher we had in Reach? Shit

Did 343 actually named the gun grenade launcher?